Let's fire Trump

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 09:50 pm
@coldjoint,
Where did Adam Schiff go to college?
Harvard Law School
Stanford University
1978–1982

Donald Trump attended Wharton, but nobody remembers him, and the faculty and students at Wharton wrote an open letter to Donald Trump that he doesn't represent their institution of higher learning. https://archive.thinkprogress.org/wharton-students-write-open-letter-to-donald-trump-you-do-not-represent-us-2e3aa78766a5/
Erik Rothenberg, studied at University of Pennsylvania
Answered May 26, 2018 · Upvoted by Matan Shelomi, B.A. Harvard, Ph.D. UC Davis and Pedro Henrique Bernardinelli, PhD Astrophysics, University of Pennsylvania (2021)
Simple:

Donald Drumpf merely conflates the Wharton Graduate School of the University of Pennsylvania with the Wharton Undergraduate School of the University of Pennsylvania.

Those who complete the Graduate School coursework get an M.B.A.

Those who complete the Undergraduate School coursework get a B.S. in Economics.

Irony aside, Drumpf holds a B.S. in Economics from “Wharton”;

DRUMPF DOES NOT HOLD AN M.B.A. In fact, his biographers say he can’t even read a balance sheet. ******************************************************************************************************************************************
There's more. TRUMP: "The greatest Hoax in American History." — tweet Wednesday.

THE FACTS: A two-year investigation that produced guilty pleas, convictions and criminal charges against Russian intelligence officers and others with ties to the Kremlin, as well as Trump associates, is not a hoax.

Mueller charged 34 people, including the president's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and three Russian companies. Twenty-five Russians were indicted on charges related to election interference, accused either of hacking Democratic email accounts during the campaign or of orchestrating a social media campaign that spread disinformation on the internet.

Five Trump aides pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate with Mueller, and a sixth, longtime confidant Roger Stone, is awaiting trial on charges he lied to Congress and engaged in witness tampering.

Mueller's report concluded that Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election was "sweeping and systematic." Ultimately, Mueller did not find a criminal conspiracy between Russia and the Trump campaign. But the special counsel didn't render judgment on whether Trump obstructed justice, saying his investigators found evidence on both sides.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 09:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Plump claims he was a "cum laude" grad but the 50 top students for his class at wharton didnt include his name.

I believe he got accepted because of a generous donation by Fred, who, by then, was kind of disappointed with the older of the trump boys.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 10:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

You can't be a liar if you went to college? It looks like he got a Masters degree in lying and earned his PHD during the impeachment trial. He is corrupt and a piece of **** that even hung out with Epstein.
Quote:
Donald Trump attended Wharton, but nobody remembers him

I could care less where Trump went to school. He has done an excellent job, and he will again.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 10:04 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

Stanford and Harvard. BTW, Where did "you" go to college? I attended Cal State University at Hayward. I was on the Dean's Honor's Roll a few times, and graduated in the top 25% of my graduating class. I worked full time and went to college as a full time student. Our older son graduated summa cum laude, and our younger son graduated magna cum laude.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 10:26 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I could care less where Trump went to school. He has done an excellent job, and he will again.
If you're including his impeachment, and political scientists declaration of Trump as "worst president in history," you have a strange sense of what you mean by "excellent job." He's told over 16,000 lies during his first three years in office. https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/479041-fact-checker-counts-16k-false-misleading-claims-by-trump-in-three
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 10:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From The Hill.
Quote:
What was once the party of Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan now appears to be a shell of its former self. What is undeniable is that the Trump takeover of the Republican Party has been nothing short of historic. Gone are challenges to his inflammatory rhetoric. Lost are the voices of reason who could disagree with party leadership without finding themselves devoid of political support. What is left is a party in shambles unsure of what it will look like after the chaos of the Trump era.

Trump is a reflection of the Republican desire to win at all costs. This mentality may have afforded them the ability to appoint judges and pass massive tax cuts, but at what costs in the long term? Is winning really winning if it costs the soul of your party? Make no mistake, the Republican Party bowing to Trump is not without consequence. As demographics shift and lawmakers attempt to connect with a new generation of voters, Republicans will find themselves on the brink of a crisis. While Trump may be a short term solution, he has created a long term problem.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 10:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
He's told over 16,000 lies during his first three years in office.

The Democrats, the media and former top ranking Obama officials have lied for three years. They have been caught. Their lies damaged and divided this country. It threatened our national security our rule of law and our democracy.

It was treason and I hope it can be proven. Obama in front of a firing squad would deter future attempts at sedition.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 06:49 am
On May 8th, 1945, the Third Reich surrendered. Our local paper recalled an amazing event. Parallels?

https://democraticunderground.com/100213404658

When the American army arrived in the town where I now live, the commander was made aware of a war crime committed by local Gestapo and Düsseldorf police on April 6th. With the newly named mayor of our town, he heard the details about a war crime committed less than two weeks before our town surrendered. Ten men and one woman who were part of the forced labor force here were taken out to a nearby forest and summarily executed, their bodies crudely buried in the dirt. They had been from Russia, Poland and the Netherlands.

The killers had been identified by the population, and the American commander, instead of just jailing or shooting them (no idea if any of that happened later), forced them, with the town's population watching, to go back to the site of their crime, dig up the bodies of their victims with the bare hands, and help bury them in places of honor at the big Catholic church in the center of town. No doubt some or all were seething with hate as they did it, but the whole town was watching as they did, as was the American occupying force. They had NO choice. No one knows if any of them felt any shame or remorse. Since this happened some six weeks after their crime, I suspect not.

As an intentional bit of irony, the building that housed the local Gestapo HQ was turned into the Anne Frank Elementary School, where my own daughters attended over four decades later.

That these monsters felt they had the right to commit such a crime when it was obvious that the war would be over for them within weeks (and that they would lose), is just incomprehensible today. OR IS IT?

I look at the destruction and corruption being attempted by Trump's administration even now, when they know they might be facing hostile grand juries a year from now, and they just don't care. It just doesn't seem to bother them in the slightest that what they are doing is destructive to our democracy, our planet, our rights, and our health. How can this be so? Think of the Gestapo right here in my town that went out and executed eleven forced laborers when it was obvious that they would be called out for their crime as soon as the Allies took their town over. The Russians were pouring in from the East, so there was nowhere to run. And yet, they did it anyway.

So it will be with us and the Trumpanzees. They will leave our society in ruins if we let them, and they will face their fate without remorse if we prosecute them. Well, **** it, so let's prosecute them anyway. Let's humiliate them like the Gestapo killers in my town were humiliated in 1945. Even if they don't care, at least future generations will see that WE cared. At the Anne Frank school, the kids who go there haven't the faintest idea what the name of the old Gestapo commander was. Nor do I. On the other hand, they ALL learn about the life of Anne Frank and who she was. It is said that the victors write the history books. I would be happy to contribute to the history books written about the sickening Trump years.

In the years after the war, the occupying forces kept a wary eye out to help with their damage control, of course, so that it really got done. If we are successful in de-electing Trumppence in November, the danger is not past. The forces of evil, from McConnell to Republican governors, to bought Republican state legislatures, to big money polluters to corrupt judges installed by Trump, will try to thwart a Biden administration at every step. I wonder who will keep a watchful eye over OUR damage control, so that it really gets done?
coldjoint

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 11:01 am
@bobsal u1553115,
The Democratic Underground is a forum that is completely biased and full of progressive liars and losers. It is not a source for anything. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 11:21 am
Some chimps can't tell the difference between a personal reflection and a "news" article.

I happen to know this person and felt the essay well worth sharing.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 01:21 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Some chimps

I bet you have firsthand knowledge of what the chimps and chumps are up to. If not, that forum you used as a source will give you an idea.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 03:55 pm
https://media.timesfreepress.com/img/photos/2020/05/07/200508unemployment5304055521.jpg
livinglava

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 04:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

https://media.timesfreepress.com/img/photos/2020/05/07/200508unemployment5304055521.jpg

Don't forget about all the foreign investors whose tax payments to the US are cutting into their national welfare systems.

Those people want Trump fired so they can get a president who will bring back their access to the US economy.

In fact, they are probably funding most of the anti-Trump propaganda, including, ironically, the propaganda about Russian meddling.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 08:36 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Don't forget about all the foreign investors whose tax payments to the US are cutting into their national welfare systems.

Those people want Trump fired so they can get a president who will bring back their access to the US economy.

In fact, they are probably funding most of the anti-Trump propaganda, including, ironically, the propaganda about Russian meddling.

Izzy calls stuff like this 'word salad'. I gotta agree.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 10:47 pm
Unreleased White House report shows coronavirus rates spiking in heartland communities

Coronavirus infection rates are spiking to new highs in several metropolitan areas and smaller communities across the country, according to undisclosed data the White House's pandemic task force is using to track rates of infection, which was obtained by NBC News.

The data in a May 7 coronavirus task force report are at odds with President Donald Trump's declaration Monday that "all throughout the country, the numbers are coming down rapidly."

Data in a May 7 coronavirus task force report (seen here) are at odds with President Donald Trump's declaration that "all throughout the country, the numbers are coming down rapidly."
The 10 top areas recorded surges of 72.4 percent or greater over a seven-day period compared to the previous week, according to a set of tables produced for the task force by its data and analytics unit. They include Nashville, Tennessee; Des Moines, Iowa; Amarillo, Texas; and — atop the list, with a 650 percent increase — Central City, Kentucky.

On a separate list of "locations to watch," which didn't meet the precise criteria for the first set: Charlotte, North Carolina; Kansas City, Missouri; Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska; Minneapolis; Montgomery, Alabama; Columbus, Ohio; and Phoenix. The rates of new cases in Charlotte and Kansas City represented increases of more than 200 percent over the previous week, and other tables included in the data show clusters in neighboring counties that don't form geographic areas on their own, such as Wisconsin's Kenosha and Racine counties, which neighbor each other between Chicago and Milwaukee.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/unreleased-white-house-report-shows-coronavirus-rates-spiking-heartland-communities-n1204751
Tweet
coldjoint

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 11:41 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
The 10 top areas recorded surges of 72.4 percent or greater over a seven-day period compared to the previous week, according to a set of tables produced for the task force by its data and analytics unit.

Do you think that spike has already recovered people tested? Does it cover how many asymptomatic cases there are? Increased testing could find many infected people that just are not that sick.

Is the percentage of hospitalization increasing? It does not say.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 06:16 am
snood

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 06:18 am
@bobsal u1553115,
This is a great campaign commercial
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 06:32 am
@snood,
Well, I hope its more than a "commercial". I thought it was truthy and fact rich, too!

I just tried to delete it, but it was timed out.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 08:56 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:

Izzy calls stuff like this 'word salad'. I gotta agree.

Do you call it 'word salad' because you don't understand it or because you don't want to discuss/acknowledge it?

Do you understand that there are foreign investors who make money investing in US markets?

Do you understand they also invest in the media and manipulating public opinion?

Do you understand that they went to war with Trump even before he was elected because they know Republican regimes are less friendly to them than Democrats?

Do you remember when the trade wars/tariffs began that they were talking about putting selective economic pressure on key Republican districts to get those politicians voted out? One was Kentucky bourbon, for example, and the other was Harley Davidson. I don't know what happened with Harley Davidson, but do you remember the bourbon factory that got destroyed?

Why do you think this is 'word salad?' Do you think the business interests around the world that fund welfare states and other dependent communities just accept it when a Republican like Trump raises tariffs and makes them pay taxes for doing business in the US? They are colonialists who make money by exploiting people in other countries.

US businesses do this as well, but the US protects their markets/people less than many welfare states do, so the Trump administration has been pursuing a policy that encourages import-substitution and thus reduction of global interdependency.

The question is why Democrats and their global counterparts don't make any effort to see how more local economic reliance would reduce shipping and other environmentally unsustainable aspects of the global economy? The answer is because they only want growth and to make money by shipping products to sell to US consumers.