bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 09:03 am
https://i.imgur.com/CyIGBVJ.png
livinglava

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 10:10 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

I see.

You won't compromise anything, for anybody, at any time. You even go as far as throwing out insults.

Yeah, Lava, preach on...

And so will I.

What does 'compromise' have anything to do with anything? We each have our beliefs and truths and we are supposed to be understanding each others' POVs and seeking common ground.

You don't seek common ground and peaceful coexistence by compromising anything. You have to honor truth as you understand it and honor that other people have arrived at truths they also seek to honor.

Then you have to do the hard work of trying to reconcile the different views that people have developed in a way that doesn't trample the rights and freedoms of others.

Some people don't want peace, though, because they'd rather have war and then when other people are used as pawns and harmed as part of the warfare, they can claim the victimization for themselves by association and profit from it by demanding 'collective' victim compensation and rights.
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 10:17 am
@livinglava,
How can that be done when you REFUSE to reconcile anything? It's not like you "honor" my position on abortion. Or anything else. In fact you insist on trampling my rights and freedoms. How is that honorable in any way?
livinglava

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 10:38 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

How can that be done when you REFUSE to reconcile anything? It's not like you "honor" my position on abortion. Or anything else. In fact you insist on trampling my rights and freedoms. How is that honorable in any way?

I recognize that you and many other people are concerned with what happens in the absence of safe, legal abortion.

As I have said, my concern is that the availability of safe, legal abortion has gone from being a way to reduce the practices of dangerous illegal abortion and/or murder of pregnant women to becoming part of a culture of sexual liberalism that doesn't even consider abstinence as something that should be prescribed at all.

Abstinence isn't a 'choice' any more than sobriety when operating a machine is a choice. It is a duty to take every possible precaution against pregnancy risk, including abstinence, not a 'choice.'

I think you assume too much superficiality by just boiling people's perspectives down to whether they are pro-life or pro-choice. As I said, I was pro-choice until so many women argued with me about how abortion shouldn't be legal and I finally started listening to them over the official Democrat dogmas about choice as a 'right.'

Do you know people sentenced to the death penalty now have the 'right' to 'choose' between different methods of execution? Should the fact that they have that 'choice' stop us from questioning the conditions that led up to them committing murders and getting sentenced to death in the first place? Just calling something 'choice' or a 'right' shouldn't hide the deeper issues.
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 10:53 am
@livinglava,
Why are you giving a sermon on abstinence? It's not even the point when there's other reasons why pregnancy occurs. Yet that's the only excuse you have to be judge and jury about abortion.

You spew about honor and duty but you don't live it.

coldjoint

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 12:01 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
You spew about honor and duty but you don't live it.

I do not think you can prove that, why say it?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 12:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
The MSM deliberately misinformed people about the virus. Trump showed everyone exactly what they said in the early stages. Your meme is simply a lie. Lies are all you have and it is not going to work except on low information voters. Granted that is a big part of the Democratic base.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 12:34 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Why are you giving a sermon on abstinence? It's not even the point when there's other reasons why pregnancy occurs. Yet that's the only excuse you have to be judge and jury about abortion.

You brought up abortion. I responded, beginning with how I appreciate the position you and others hold that there is a danger to women in reducing access to safe legal abortion.

Then I went on to explain why I still have other thoughts beyond your position. Do you think that if I respect your position on abortion, that I won't differ in any way from it?

What do you expect? That no one should hold or honor any pro-life position?
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:00 pm
@livinglava,
Nothing you said can be interpreted as a respectful response.

livinglava wrote:

As for abortion-choice, that is something I used to support but I had too many women arguing against it, and I finally realized that if there aren't laws against abortion, women are not protected against the social pressures that push them to abort pregnancies and/or have sex despite the risk.

livinglava wrote:
You can still retaliate against the GOP by murdering fetuses.

What did I expect? For you to "honor" someone else's position.

coldjoint

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:03 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Nothing you said can be interpreted as a respectful response.

Says who? Livinglava is not here to measure up to your standards, if those things really are your standards. This is the internet and some things are just impossible to prove.
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:07 pm
@coldjoint,
LivingLava needs to live up to his/her own standards before throwing the gauntlet at Democrats. Spewing words like honor and duty to come to an understanding of an opposition position just isn't his/her forte.
livinglava

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:17 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

LivingLava needs to live up to his/her own standards before throwing the gauntlet at Democrats. Spewing words like honor and duty to come to an understanding of an opposition position just isn't his/her forte.

Honoring what someone else thinks doesn't mean agreeing with them. It just means listening and understanding.

You expect people to honor your perspective by submitting to it, but that is submission, not honor.

I also don't expect you to submit to my perspective, but I expect you to understand what I am saying, that legalized abortion has led to a liberal culture of sexuality where people don't recognize that abstinence is how you prevent pregnancy.

The issue is how to stop the culture of sexual liberalism that flouts abstinence as a realistic option, let alone an obligation.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:23 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
New Unsealed Documents Show Planned Parenthood Profited From Aborted Baby Body Parts

Certainly not a surprise. PP had the courts silence people who claimed PP was profiting. Guess what the person they silenced was right.
Quote:
In an attempt to tamp down the news of their organ sales in 2015, Planned Parenthood admitted they were being paid by a tissue procurement company when they announced they would immediately stop accepting “reimbursements.” Then-Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards said the decision, “removes beyond the shadow of a doubt the ludicrous idea that Planned Parenthood has any financial interest in fetal tissue donation – and shows the real agenda behind these attacks.”

The invoices and the contract now confirm that their charges were not reimbursements because Planned Parenthood only received payment if the tissue was “usable.” Not only is the word “reimbursement” not found in the contract, but the invoices did not bill reimbursements for any other supplies or services that may have been used to procure tissue deemed unusable.

“Planned Parenthood’s contracts and invoices are proof positive that their payments were tied solely to the marketability of aborted baby body parts,” Daleiden said in response to the unredacted invoices being unsealed.

Standards? What standards does PP have?
https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/15/new-unsealed-documents-show-planned-parenthood-profited-from-aborted-baby-body-parts/#.Xpb0dKfaimk.twitter
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:24 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
The Democrats have to...

Oh, you mean the way Grim Reaper McConnell did during most of the years when Obama was President?

The Democrats have been much more on board with working together than the majority of knuckleheaded Republicans have ever been!
coldjoint

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:25 pm
In South Korea.
Quote:
Abortionist Drowned a 34-Week-Old Baby Who Survived Abortion in a Bucket of Water

Standards?
https://www.lifenews.com/2020/04/15/abortionist-drowned-a-34-week-old-baby-who-survived-abortion-in-a-bucket-of-water/#.XpdB1Cix3IQ.twitter
coldjoint

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:27 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:

The Democrats have been much more on board with working together than the majority of knuckleheaded Republicans have ever been!

Is that why Obamacare passed without one Republican vote?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:28 pm
@coldjoint,
And that pertains to the US or Liberals how the ****?

You and your meaningless little anecdotes in a vacuum.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'd say it's a combination of both. See, Kellyann is not too bright. And second, she does and says whatever her boss tells her to do and say.

livinglava

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

And that pertains to the US or Liberals how the ****?

You and your meaningless little anecdotes in a vacuum.

He's giving examples of how far the abortion culture has gone since the time of Roe v Wade.
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:36 pm
@coldjoint,
You fail to acknowledge this is in South Korea where infanticide runs rampant against girls.