monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
snood

Sat 9 May, 2020 06:37 am
Maybe karma’s not dead. The horse’s ass is pushing for everything to re-open and then gets three people close to him testing positive.
Real Music

Sat 9 May, 2020 06:38 am

http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/good-morning-america-donald-trump-with-terrified-statue-of-liberty.jpg
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 9 May, 2020 06:47 am
@snood,
Quote:
Maybe karma’s not dead.

Maybe humour is, though.
snood

Sat 9 May, 2020 07:20 am
@Builder,
People find different things funny.
For instance, you probably think there’s high hilarity in Trump’s ability to **** up things and not be held accountable.
I would get belly laughs out of Trump getting deathly ill from Covid-19.

Different strokes.
revelette3

Sat 9 May, 2020 08:25 am
Quote:
(CNN)Former President Barack Obama delivered a blistering critique of the Trump administration's response to the coronavirus crisis, describing it as "an absolute chaotic disaster" during a private call Friday night with people who worked for him in the White House and across his administration.

The searing comments, confirmed to CNN by three former Obama administration officials on the call, offered the starkest assessment yet from the former president about how President Donald Trump and his team have handled the deadly pandemic and why he believes Democrats must rally behind former Vice President Joe Biden to defeat Trump in November.

In a 30-minute conversation with members of the Obama Alumni Association, the former president said the response to the coronavirus outbreak served as a critical reminder for why strong government leadership is needed during a global crisis. The call was intended to encourage former Obama staffers to become more engaged in Biden's presidential campaign.

"This election that's coming up -- on every level -- is so important because what we're going to be battling is not just a particular individual or a political party," Obama said. "What we're fighting against is these long-term trends in which being selfish, being tribal, being divided, and seeing others as an enemy -- that has become a stronger impulse in American life."

The comments were first reported by Yahoo News, which obtained an audio recording of the call. A spokesman for Obama declined to comment or elaborate on the former president's remarks.

Obama also weighed in on the Michael Flynn case, saying Attorney General William Barr's decision to drop the criminal case against Flynn suggested "the rule of law was at risk" in the United States. Before taking office, Obama warned Trump about Flynn and raised questions about his conduct with Russia.

But Obama saved his strongest words for the Trump administration's handling of the coronavirus crisis and its worldview.

"It's part of the reason why the response to this global crisis has been so anemic and spotty," Obama said. "It would have been bad even with the best of governments. It has been an absolute chaotic disaster when that mindset -- of 'what's in it for me' and 'to heck with everybody else' -- when that mindset is operationalized in our government."

He added: "That's why, I, by the way, am going to be spending as much time as necessary and campaigning as hard as I can for Joe Biden."

After formally endorsing Biden last month, Obama said he would be deeply involved in the campaign to help Biden win the White House. His remarks on Friday night were the latest example of that effort, telling the Obama Alumni group: "I am hoping that all of you feel the same sense of urgency that I do."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/09/politics/obama-trump-coronavirus-response-flynn-case/index.html
bobsal u1553115

Sat 9 May, 2020 08:32 am
@coldjoint,
I wouldn't have known that if you hadn't brought it up on some misogynist thread some years back. I didn't let the cat out of the bag, you did.

Quote:
That Democrats are lying bastards around.

Troll much?

Quote:
That is none of your business. Now would you like to talk about three years of lies? The narrative just got a death blow. Do you realize how many people are going to just stop listening to the crap the networks put out there?

Emptily opine much?

Quote:
It is going to be a lot and an issue Trump can rally supporters around.

Speak coherently much?

Quote:
If the economy show positive signs of recovery

IF

Big "if", get it?

Quote:
Democrats will only win about 7 states and lose the House.

Even Donny Trump doesn't believe that gem.

bobsal u1553115

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:00 am
@coldjoint,
You know what? Consider me as your greatest convert. I agree with you so much I won't even bother voicing my agreement.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:01 am
@snood,
Quote:
The president's own valet has tested positive, as has a Pence aide, an Ivanka aide and multiple Secret Service agents—

good luck kids

Quote:
Trump has remained confident in the safety measures that the White House has taken in the face of coronavirus, even as several members of the Secret Service have tested positive. As Yahoo News reports, Department of Homeland Security documents expose the virus to be more widespread than the administration had previously acknowledged, with 11 active cases within the agency as well as 23 members of the Secret Service who have recovered from COVID-19 and an additional 60 employees who are self-quarantining. While Secret Service spokesperson Justine Whelan said that the agency “continues to follow guidelines issued by the CDC to ensure the health and welfare of our employees and those they come in contact with,” Yahoo notes that measures taken at the White House have not necessarily followed such guidelines, with many Secret Service employees on the White House complex among those not wearing a mask.

on the upside, we know #45 will hear about it

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronavirus-concern-grows-as-white-house-staffers-secret-service-personnel-test-positive
bobsal u1553115

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:07 am
@ehBeth,
A true sense of what you say is reflected in the fact that your solicitousness towards us is more than Trump has offered any and all of us in this pandemic. Not a single word of sympathy to any victims or their families. Not even a simple "I feel your pain."
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:09 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
on the upside, we know #45 will hear about it

Anything on the three years of lies about Russia? I didn't think so. Feel free to justify those three years of ignoring the rule of law, ignoring ethics, and ignoring the Constitution.

So, what you got? Anything?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:10 am
@ehBeth,
You have heard, and this is not a joke, Trump claims he did not know his stricken active duty uniformed Navy valet?

He's empathy deficient.
coldjoint

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:14 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
He's empathy deficient.

The Democrats and Obama holdovers and media are truth deficient and it has been PROVEN. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:23 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Trump claims he did not know his stricken active duty uniformed Navy valet?

military. they all look alike unless you're interested in them as humans
coldjoint

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:35 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:

military. they all look alike unless you're interested in them as humans

I feel the same way about propagandists.
0 Replies