Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 06:35 am
@Rebelofnj,
I will do that. Thank you.

This isn't on my list of priorities right now.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 06:41 am
@JGoldman10,
Being well informed should alway be at the top of your list of priorities. We live in interesting times. Civil unrest, pandemic is in the streets: people are dying over both. Our leadership is missing in action and actively working against us and our interests.

Knowledge is power.
JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 06:48 am
@bobsal u1553115,
My pastor informs me and my church about what's going on in the world through his streamed videos.
Rebelofnj

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 07:02 am
@JGoldman10,
Apparently that is not enough as you keep asking for updates on the health crisis and the protests.

You say you will consider using online sources and radio, but you said that months ago and it never happened.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 07:40 am
@JGoldman10,
He seems to be missing an awful lot with you - he's leaving you with very important questions.

Maybe you need to ask him those questions. Maybe he's not answering any questions at all.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:01 am
@Rebelofnj,
I'm still working on getting my set organized and taking care of a lot of personal business. This isn't a priority right now.
Rebelofnj

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:06 am
@JGoldman10,
It is literally not at all difficult to look through online news sites.

If you can regularly post and comment on this site, then you can go to cnn.com or reuters.com for your daily news.

You can also leave the news radio on while you do your personal business.
izzythepush

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:07 am
@JGoldman10,
Not priority enough to look at a reputable news site but still important enough to ask us all sorts of questions.

You are full of contradictions.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I think getting myself and my mother situated with Social Security and then going about dealing with employment like a normal person is more important. I still have a lot of other personal business I need to deal with it.

For example, my stimulus check finally arrived but I don't know how I am going to go about cashing and/or using it with my mother's name on it.

My local check-cashing store is cashing stimulus checks but they can't cash mine since my mother's name is on it.

My local supermarket does not cash stimulus checks.

The people at the check-cashing store said I need to call around to different banks and ask them about cashing it; ask them what I need to cash it. They also suggested contacting the IRS and ask them if they can reissue the check. My mother can't cash it for me, she's still stuck in rehab.

I asked the head of my local employment center about what I can do to get the check cashed. He explained why my mother's name is on the check and he said to not contact the IRS.

I was trying to find out if I can put the check on a gift card. My local supermarket won't let me do that. I want to find a store that will.

I'm going to ask my pastor for advice.
JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:14 am
@Rebelofnj,
What news radio?
JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:17 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Getting MY personal health together is important.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:18 am
@JGoldman10,
News that play on the radio. The practice has been around for over 100 years.

Sturgis gave you this advice earlier this week when you said you had a HiFi system
"Plug it in! Find out if it still operates. Then listen to the news and learn for yourself what is happening with regard to Covid-19 and other current events."
https://able2know.org/topic/547206-47#post-7013346
izzythepush

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:19 am
@JGoldman10,
Do you have a bank account?

You need to get your mother to countersign the back of the cheque and then you should be able to pay it in.

People who cash cheques for you don’t do it for free. You’d be better off with your own account.
JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:23 am
@Rebelofnj,
Guess what? It doesn't work. I plugged it in and tested it. If it did work I don't have an adequate place to plug it in anyway.
Rebelofnj

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:27 am
@JGoldman10,
You can sign up for newsletters from the various news outlets and have them delivered to your inbox via email.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:27 am
@izzythepush,
I don't have a banking account and my mother can't sign the back of the check. She is stuck in rehab and the rehab center she is in is closed to the public. Nothing can go in and out of the center.
izzythepush

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:47 am
@JGoldman10,
The only option is to contact the people who issued the cheque and see if they can give you a replacement in your name.
JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 11:51 am
@izzythepush,
I can't do that.
izzythepush

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 12:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
Then all you can do is wait until your mother comes out of rehab.

Does she have a bank account?

If she does you could pay it into her account for her.

The bank may transfer money to you if she has telephone banking or the manager is sympathetic, but they won’t do it without your mum’s say so.

Failing that you could forge your mum’s signature, but that’s not legal and there may be repercussions.
JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 12:06 pm
@izzythepush,
My mother is still technically my Social Security payee.

This is what the head of my local employment center told me:

"The check from IRS is directed to the same person the SSI benefit is sent to.

As long as your mother is rep payee, all payments, monthly and otherwise, go to her. Even if you change that status, I don’t recommend that you ask IRS to cancel and re-issue a check."