Bear In Hospital

squinney

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 07:14 pm
That wasn't a sub this afternoon, was it? Confused
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 08:39 pm
In that arena dear, I am strictly a do it yourself bear.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 08:45 pm
You kids are cute.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 08:46 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Taking care of BearPack.

Or else we're all putting our underwear back on.

Twisted Evil

Even Tico.

Uh, oh... I think I broke the rule. I already put my underwear back on. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 08:47 pm
Intrepid!

You know what you have to do now ...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 08:50 pm
Ok, everybody close your eyes. I'm dropping my drawers now. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT BEAR!!

Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 10:07 pm
http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/perfect10.gif
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 05:46 am
Embarrassed
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 07:51 am
we are SUPPOSED to wear underware? Embarrassed

hows fuzzy wuzzy doin?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 12:30 pm
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a man
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hands
Fuzzy Wuzzy beat his meat
Fuzzy Wuzzy used his feet
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 01:04 pm
patiodog wrote:

Fuzzy Wuzzy beat his meat
Fuzzy Wuzzy used his feet

Shocked

and I thought I had seen it all...........
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 05:02 pm
Between the Bear and that ostrich, I guess you have seen it all now!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 05:21 pm
Hi Squinney, Sorry to hear Bear is in the hospital, but glad to know that he will receive the antibiotics and pain meds he need to get comfortable. I didn't read all the responses, just jumped to the end, but if no one else has mentioned it, let me share a personal experience. I had a severe gall bladder attack when I was 28. I had to send my 4 year old over to the neighbor to get help. I actually thought I was having a heart attack. Neighbors called an ambulance, arrived at emergency room and since the dumschit doc on duty that night couldn't figure out why my white cells were so elevated, they sent me home and told me to learn how to relax. Next day I went to see the family doc and as luck would have it, actually had an attack in his waiting room. Once again back to the hospital, but this time they kept me and it took 9 days to diagnose and to get the infection under control. Apparently I didn't fit the profile because I was very thin, and young. Anyhow, they took it out the old fashioned way, so I have a 4 inch scar. I didn't gain any weight due to the removal of the gall bladder, but it took a while to get my digestive track back to normal. Even though at the time of the surgery I didn't eat very much fat and didn't fry anything, just didn't like it. Post surgery, I remember having an ice cream sundae with my mother at a local spot, and wound up staying 3 hours because I couldn't leave the bathroom. Bear will need to introduce food groups carefully until his liver gets used to being the barometer of his digestive track. Also, since they do the surgery via laparoscopy, recovery time is quicker and there is so much less pain. He will have less pain immediately after the surgery than he did the other night. Good luck and tell him that glitterbag is thinking good thoughts for him.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:16 am
Thanks for the kind words glitter. Unfortunately because of all the complications I had, they took mine out the old fashioned way and kicked around in there awhile, I have an 8 inch incision. I am feeling better though, and I'm weaning off my pain meds slowly but surely and walking some every day to start getting my stamina up, also playing my guitar every day to get built back up for live performance come Sept. I think it'll be all right. My G.I. tract is still not right, but better than it was. Most of my pain now is coming from the surgery itself, and I'm told that's to be expected because they really did stir me up from stem to stern.

I have a clean bill of health and a heightened appreciation of life friends and most importantly family. My two oldest daughters had a falling out a while back that I ended up in the middle of and for a few years none of us were speaking, no matter how much I reached out. This incident changed that and brought them both to my side, where squinney says you would have never known there was any problem, so if my illness began that healing process as well I am thankful for it. I love my cubs and want them to love each other.

I'm going to walk before the temp starts creepin up.
It's pretty brutal around here.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:25 am
Hope you'll get well soon, Bear, with your loving family around!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:50 am
http://images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10031000/10031883.jpg

that is the best thing I have heard in a long time Bear.
I am glad to hear the bear pack is starting to mend and you are healing well.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 08:34 am
Great News! Take it easy!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 05:36 pm
<mulling over the kind of tat that would work with an eight-inch incision>
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 06:09 pm
Oh Bear, that was a beautiful story.

You sound better each day. Between Squinney, who is just remarkable, and your cubs, even the alienated ones, your life just might be better than ever.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 06:36 pm
ehBeth wrote:
<mulling over the kind of tat that would work with an eight-inch incision>

been thinking about that too, much to squinney's annoyance. Laughing
0 Replies