Bear In Hospital

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 06:41 pm
How about a nice tattoo of an eight inch scar?

Bright green perhaps.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 06:44 pm
Well, is it a straight line or is it curvey?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:26 pm
It's kinda straight at the top between the breast bone, goes down about 6 inches, takes a little turn as if the Doc was attempting to go around the inny belly button but didn't quite make it, then continues down from close to the center of the bottom of the belly button another couple of inches.

I suppose it could be a worm with a kink, but I really don't wanna give him any ideas. Very Happy
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:30 pm
Bear, Did they send you home already?????? After my surgery I had to stay in the hospital for about 5 days and off work for 6 weeks. This is time after the nine days it took to figure out what was wrong. But that was a long time ago, in the days where you would recover in the hospital, not rushed out 3 hours after surgery. What the hell, you are probably safer at home than the hospital. Did you go to Rex or the other one in Raleigh? Maybe there is more than two now, it's been a while since I was last in Raleigh.

You know what I remember the most after coming to in recovery????? Those nurses with the pillow who made me cough. I remember they placed a pillow on my stomach and said, OK now give us a cough. I offered up a mild huh huh huh and hoped that would do it, but no, they made me give them a big cough and I thought my guts would explode. I'm sorry you had to have the whole big surgery thing, but at least everything is cleaned up and safe, and the pain subsides rapidly. Just remember to avoid over exertion, things like vacuuming floors, making beds or anything that puts a strain on your incision. You will feel like you can do it, but don't. You can cause adhesions if you exert too much before you completely heal. No point in doing anything that would make them operate again.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:32 pm
BEAR, DROP THAT VACUUM CLEANER AND BACK AWAY SLOWLY.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:37 pm
Glitterbag - He went in on the 29th of June. Didn't have surgery until July 5th. Came home the 12th.

I don't think he needs instructions on not making beds or vacuuming. If he did either one, I would end up in the hospital! Laughing

Maybe this tattoo could be done and work in the lines from the scar:

(Keeping in mind that there is already an "Or What" across the top of his chest)

http://www.proaxis.com/~willamette/Mike%20Bibby/tattoos/mbtattoo02.jpg
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:41 pm
Or this one is even better:

http://halloweentown.org/images/fanart/deadgerl/jacktattoo2-thumb.jpg
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:45 pm
I'm sorry Squinney, I was repeating the instuction the doctor gave me when I left the hospital. So forget my instuction, but figure out what it is that men do to strain their incisions and make sure he doesn't do it. I don't think hoisting a pint counts as a strain.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 07:57 pm
I think Bear's scar could be worked quite nicely into this lovely tattoo...

http://www.entertainmentdeath.com/interviews/ruby_rasbury.jpg
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 08:04 pm
I'm wondering how painful it would be to tattoo a scarred area. I have a scar above my eye where a horse threw her head up and hit me with the poll between her ears. Hurts like the dickens to pluck that part of my brow. Tender stomach area seems like it would be the same.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 08:52 pm
If he really needs a tatoo, better wait a few years for the scar to toughen up.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 09:16 pm
How about something like this?

http://www.crazyhorse-tattoo.com/belly.jpg
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 10:05 pm
I think you should pass.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 01:52 pm
While waiting for healing, why not experiment with body painting?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 04:08 pm
Okay, I'm home now and catching up here. Sorry if I overreacted, Bear, but I assumed when you said you were doing a karaoke show, that meant you would be singing. (Which they expressly told you not to do.)

So, forgive me and please explain...what DID you mean by "doing a karaoke show"?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 04:18 pm
someone has to man the mic, change the discs, get the singers on and off the stage emcee the show. squinney and stephen jr set it up today and stephen cub will tear it down tonight.

The ideal thing would have been for me to have waited one more week but it's not an ideal life, and this is what I do so off I go to do it. I'm a tough bear.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 05:01 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
While waiting for healing, why not experiment with body painting?

Oooooh! Remembering that pudding suggestion I made to Boomer earlier in the week. This could be FUN!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 06:31 pm
Johnboy doesn't know how to do quotes, but the bear's last one, from a couple hours ago, was amazing given what we all know about what he has been through. Please let us know that yall get home safe and sound.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 06:48 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Johnboy doesn't know how to do quotes, but the bear's last one, from a couple hours ago, was amazing given what we all know about what he has been through. Please let us know that yall get home safe and sound.

John Boy, just click on the quote button above the post and a new window will come up. Then type in it, like this...

You can refine the quote but editing out everything you don't want...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 06:54 pm
ossobuco wrote:
realjohnboy wrote:

John Boy, just click on the quote button above the post and a new window will come up. Then type in it, like this...

You can refine the quote but editing out everything you don't want...
0 Replies