Bear In Hospital

Lady J

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 08:47 am
Squinney,

All my loving thoughts to you and your family. I wish Bear a very speedy recovery and easy healing at home with his loved ones. Those men can be pretty stubborn at times. My dad has his gallbladder removed via laparoscopy a couple of months ago, but not before he suffered like Bear for several weeks ahead of time. Dad obviously recovered just fine. Two weeks after the procedure, he was helping me move the first part of my trek. That included lifting heavy furniture and my massive refrigerator! I would not recommend this to anyone recovering from gallbladder surgery, however, so keep Bear down and resting as much as you can!

(((((HUGS))))) to you all!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 08:48 am
My best to The Bear, squinney, and to you. Illness sucks for everybody intimately involved - in this case, Bear's suffering and your worry (though the cub seems to have a healthy outlook), hospitals ain't nice places to have to be, and you two really have my sympathy. Hope its all much better sooner than you expect.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 08:50 am
squinney,

I had my gallbladder removed 4 years ago. It helped me a lot. One possible side effect is that without a gallbladder, digesting dairy products will become more difficult.

(I was also asked by a resident "how much do you drink?" and was offended. Residents tend to "shoot from the hip".)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 09:11 am
I had wondered about the digestive / diet changes necessary after gallbladder removal. Dairy won't be easy for him to give up. He goes through two gallons of skim milk all by himself each week. Each time we have moved he has questioned the distance/ time from the new house to "What if I want ice cream at midnight."

Fatty foods aren't really his thing outside of a tasty treat like a Bloomin Onion, so that will be easier.

Thanks, again, everyone. You're all so thoughtful.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 09:15 am
Hope Bear is recovering soon...
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 09:22 am
squinney,

My doctor told me skim milk is okay but he doesn't want me "binging on pizza with thick cheese" (his exact words).
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 09:28 am
Squinny
I am very sorry to hear this. My best wish for Bear and for a speedy recovery.

The spear thing. I walked around with a sick appendix for several days. I told myself it was stress.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 09:31 am
yikes! Vibing the bear real good......
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 09:31 am
Glad you got him in before things got even worse.
My prayers for all you bears, especially Papa.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 09:45 am
Good grief, squinney! What an ordeal he's going through! I hope he hasn't lost his sense of humor. (If he has, tell him what Bear Cub said!)

Glad to hear you finally got him to the hospital, but equally sure he doesn't like being there. He'll probably be talking about leaving soon. You'd better take some bungee cords the next time you visit him so you can tie him to the bed. (Note: no rude comments here)

Tell him I've said a special prayer for him and the Big Guy Upstairs said for me to tell him to stay down and take his meds.

Hugs to you.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 10:06 am
My sympathies to you, Bear, and the cubs. Hope he recovers soon, as having a sick bear around the house must be tough.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 10:06 am
wandeljw wrote:
squinney,

My doctor told me skim milk is okay but he doesn't want me "binging on pizza with thick cheese" (his exact words).

God help me if I ever have to have my gallbladder removed....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 10:21 am
squinney wrote:
"What if I want ice cream at midnight."

Here's a card for a guy who really knows how to live life:

http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=123467603&m=3804&vc=1&source=bma
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 10:24 am
Squinney--

Sometimes life is just one damn thing after another. First the move....now Stoic Man Immobilized in Hospital Bed with complications from being stoic. There are some advantages in being married to a cry baby.

Do you believe that disasters happen in threes? I don't.

Gall bladder or no, BPB will never lack gall. Has the surgeon offered to save the stones to keep in a jar on the mantlepiece--not that your home lacks conversation pieces, but jewelery is jewelery.

My thoughts are with you both. The role of Heroic Helpmeet who keeps the world turning while visiting the hospital every day isn't always appreciated.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 10:42 am
Noddy24 wrote:

Gall bladder or no, BPB will never lack gall.

Very Happy

hope all goes well, keep us informed
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 10:42 am
bear, hope u get well real soon, dude...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 10:43 am
At least you caught it and will be able to get it fixed. Nothing worse than a wounded bear, so they say. :-)
Best wishes to the Bear, Bearess and Bearettes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 10:47 am
Tell the furry boy that I'm sorry - and that I love ya both.

<hugs for squinney, and a gentle pat on the shoulder for the bruised bear>
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 11:01 am
Will do, ehbeth.

I think Intrepid just called me a Bearess. I've never been a Bearess before. Cool

Okay, printing out to this point so I can take this thread to him. Seem to have gotten a second wind and can't sleep. Will check in later.

Love ya'll.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 11:03 am
Is that like a Bareass?
0 Replies