Keep warm: throw another koran on the fire

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 07:20 pm
cjhsa wrote:
How do you know Joe isn't simply worried because he's been burning american flags, that he got cheap in Mexico due to imperfections, to heat his house?

I only burn flags that have 47 stars. Do you think that's wrong?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 07:24 pm
<don't mind me. I'm just here to find out what thread Brandon has posted his latest "they saw heads off" post on>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 07:53 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
How do you know Joe isn't simply worried because he's been burning american flags, that he got cheap in Mexico due to imperfections, to heat his house?

I only burn flags that have 47 stars. Do you think that's wrong?

Forty-six maybe, forty-eight certainly--but they ain't no forty-seven star flag. You musta got you some factory seconds . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:05 pm
ehBeth wrote:
<don't mind me. I'm just here to find out what thread Brandon has posted his latest "they saw heads off" post on>

Take your pick
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:16 pm
Intrepid, you look as though you are in pain ! ! !

Didja eat that bear er somethin'?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:18 pm
Setanta wrote:
Intrepid, you look as though you are in pain ! ! !

Didja eat that bear er somethin'?

Just a little constipated is all. I'll be alright when the meds kick in.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:31 pm
I'm another vet that served so that flags could be burned.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:49 pm
9/11 was a tragic attack where a pile of Americans (and a lot of non-americans) lostg thier lives. However, it seems to be the cost of doing business in a free country. If we allow this threat to mean that we can ignore the Geneva Convention, resume nuclear proliferation, and invade two countries... I think that every American has lost.

We have been so quick to give up rights, downplay attrocities, up play nationalism, and generally act like buffoons.

I would love to make this a conservative v. Liberal thing - but the dem's are lining up in droves to vote for this drivel. I blame not an ideology or a party but mass hysteria and mob rule that tends to reign after one gets scared.

What is going on in Gitmo is an attrocity. We all know it - we can't even ignore it - we simply say that it is okay in comparison to what "they" did. They haven't even gotten charges leveled against them - how are we so sure. If we were so sure - give them a trial - or bring them to American soil if it is so clear what we are doing. All truths should meet the light of day... this is a dark lie.

I think Joe's thread is not sarcasm but satire against the absurdity of flushing a Koran while making laws against the burning of a flag. It is doublethink at its finest.

With that said I am off to wash my freedom fries down with some victory gin.

TF
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:01 pm
thethinkfactory wrote:
What is going on in Gitmo is an attrocity. We all know it - we can't even ignore it - we simply say that it is okay in comparison to what "they" did.

What, exactly, do you find atrocious about Gitmo?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:24 pm
kickycan wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
kickycan wrote:
I don't think I could explain it to you, Brandon.

What you just posted there, explaining what you think the topic is about, shows me that we are speaking completely different languages, and as I am busy learning italian right now, I don't think I can squeeze in learning another one right now.

Sorry.

Translation - I am not one who meets arguments head on. I attack the person, not the argument. I forfeit.

Wrong. Here's the real translation...

I have seen Brandon, time and time again, have the simplest thing explained to him over and over again, and still repond by spewing whatever pre-packaged message his brain is currently stuck on, seemingly unaware of anything that the other person is trying to say. Whether this is willful on his part, or if he is just stupid, I am unsure. But I haven't the patience for it today.

Count on you to attack the man, but run away from the argument.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:25 pm
ehBeth wrote:

Yes, of course, "Bush lied and thousands died" plus the other stock liberal arguments aren't repetitive at all.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:29 pm
Nothing to do with repetitive.
It's got to do with off-topic.
Again.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:31 pm
The beers on me for every man in the house, be there any.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:32 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Nothing to do with repetitive.
It's got to do with off-topic.
Again.

In a thread about abusing the Koran, you find it off topic to assert that harping on Gitmo prisoner abuses is perverse? How is that off topic?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:34 pm
Try again.

What was the link in the first post about? <sorry, Kicky>
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:37 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Try again.

What was the first paragraph of the first post about? What's the thread title? Not my fault if the thread took another direction.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:50 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Try again.

What was the first paragraph of the first post about? What's the thread title? Not my fault if the thread took another direction.

Did you actually read the posts after the first post?

Flag burning.
Flag burning.
Veterans.
Facetious.
Flag burning.
Veterans.
Flag burning.

9/11, A-Q, heads being sawed off
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:52 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Could someone please direct Brandon to the appropriate thread ...

oh well

you were right, kicky
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:56 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Try again.

Did you actually read the posts after the first post?

Flag burning.
Flag burning.
Veterans.
Facetious.
Flag burning.
Veterans.
Flag burning.

9/11, A-Q, heads being sawed off

Well, since there seems to be some dispute about it, I will start a thread discussing the misguidedness of those who harp on American mistreatment of prisoners.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 10:01 pm
Good, you run along and do that Brandon, nothing more for you to see here . . . bye . . .
0 Replies