Mistreatment of copies of Mein Kampf: Lawsuit....

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 10:28 am
http://www.brokennewz.com/displaystory.asp_Q_storyid_E_1264meinkampf

http://www.brokennewz.com/storyimages/mein_kampf.jpg

Allied Soldiers Punched, Spit On And Verbally Abused Mein Kampf, Lawyer Says

A German lawyer is filing a lawsuit against American and British soldiers for treating captured German soldiers' copies of Mein Kampf "like a rented mule" during the Second World War.

According to sources close to the case, the lawyer, a man named Wolfgang Kleinerschmidt, has become emboldened by recent reports of Americans abusing the Koran. Mr. Kleinschmidt sees "a potential goldmine" in legal compensation for soldiers who had their "guiding texts cruelly neglected."

Mein Kampf, presently a popular text in Turkish bazaars, was Adolf Hitler's foray into literature before he attempted world domination. The book describes the author's anguish over withered German nationalism, the "growing Jewish menace," and other assorted complaints. Many soldiers in the German Army carried the book with them into battle.

According the Kleinschmidt, captured Germans were forced to watch while American soldiers "looked at the book in a menacing manner" and also "threatened it with matches."

The Brits, meanwhile, "applied a variety sordid methods to Hitler's tome." Kleinschmidt said that Germans soldiers told of a particularly gruesome act that "involved peanut butter and scissorsÂ…and Mein Kampf didn't come out of it looking pretty."

"The British were savages with the book," one former German soldier said from his home in Rio de Janeiro. "Their toilet work puts these Guantanamo amateurs to shame."

But Kleinschmidt should meet stout resistance, and not just from defense attorneys. "Mein Kampf is a sorry piece of work," said one anonymous author. "For prose that bad, it deserved to be roughed up a little bit."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 9,752 • Replies: 143
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:13 pm
Superficially (as ever) good attempt to twist stuff, Gunga - but only a meaningless Din (as ever.)

Remember - disrespect of the Koran appears to be forbidden in the islamic religion.

While Nazism carefully emulated many of the more hysterical aspects of religion, it was not actually one.

The Islamic god appears to express a desire not to have its book desecrated - which civilized humans respond to politely - just as we respond with tolerance to the apparently expressed desire of YOUR god to have you constantly promote the similar irrationalisms of creationism, hatred of Islam, hatred of anyone whose politics are left of the farthest right christian extremist etc. etc.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:55 pm
Gungasnake: I'm sure you know this verse:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. KJV John 1:1

You may not know that Muslims believe this verse to be literally true, that the Koran is the Word of God and the Word of God is God Himself.

Desecration, or even disrespect, of the Koran is not an offense against a book, the Koran is not a book, it is God, so the offense is against the very person of God.

It is important to know not only what your enemy thinks but why he thinks it.

What would you tell a Muslim about what you believe and why?

Joe(Rom 12 : 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. )Nation
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:58 pm
Gunga--

Hilarious. And apropos!!!

One doesn't have to hate anything Muslim to see the incredibly ridiculousness of "...It seems their god doesn't like their book mussed."

It showed a notable parallel. For other hateful things to be attributed to you for that delightful, timely analogy is beyond reason.

Hitler did declare himself the god of a religion. Thank you for that welcomed bit of levity. Hope you can give us another.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 09:07 pm
Joe Nation wrote:

I'd tell him the last real prophet died around 2600 years ago. You can read Julian Jaynes' book for the reasoning behind that statement.

I'd tell him that the bible specifically states that Christ arrived in the world after prophets had ceased to exist:

Quote:

BOOK OF HEBREWS

CHAPTER 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

and that Christ specifically warned us against bandit chieftains and pedophiles like Mohammed who would try to claim to be prophets and the like:

Quote:

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

and that the evil fruits of I-slam are writ large on the pages of history books and newspapers alike.

Aside from that, I'd urge him to repent and renounce I-slam and any other forms of devil-worship or idolatry he might be practicing.

Why?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 09:13 pm
...of course, one CAN hate Islam and see the ridiculousness of ...."It seems their god doesn't like their book mussed...." as well...
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 10:08 pm
Satire is much more than mere mockery. This piece is mere mockery.

Satire is like fighting with an epee. This piece is like fighting with a double-headed battle-axe.

Satire is effective. This piece (to quote Denis Healey) is so ineffective that it's like being mauled by a dead sheep.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:00 pm
Nah - a dead lamb.

It is hilarious to see one who thinks he obeys one invisible friend's dictates shitting on those of someone else's invisible friend.

"MY invisible friend is REAL, and YOURS isn't - yah boo sucks."

This is a mirror image of the nonsense of fundamental Islam which he seeks to criticise.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:05 pm
"Invisible friend" I like it Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:27 pm
Normally I would not be so rude about people who believe in gods - but when some of those who believe in the whisperings of one, crap obsessively and hatefully on others for believing in different whisperings, the illogic of their position strikes me so forcefully that I find it hard to restrain myself.

Lots of the whispering of lots of gods strike me as utterly insane - you know, hate homosexuals, believe women to be second class citizens, don't eat pork, stone adulterers to death - whatever.

It is just odd when one, like Gunga, who promotes the stuff about his god re creationism and such so obsessively, craps on Muslims for believing something that is no more nutty.

Anyhoo - I shall leave the invisible friends to their mutterings about each other.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:31 pm
Another one of Gunga's really bad jokes.

Btw: there in no list a lawyer, sollicitor registered with the name of Wolfgang Kleinerschmidt. Besides, no 'Kleinerschmidt' has his/her name in the (official) telephone directories in Germany, neither to be found in the 'unofficial' ones nor in any other directory.
And since there's is no reason at all (= law) that this could happen in Germany, it must be a story from the USA.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 12:00 am
gungasnake wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

I'd tell him the last real prophet died around 2600 years ago. You can read Julian Jaynes' book for the reasoning behind that statement.

I'd tell him that the bible specifically states that Christ arrived in the world after prophets had ceased to exist:

Quote:

BOOK OF HEBREWS

CHAPTER 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

and that Christ specifically warned us against bandit chieftains and pedophiles like Mohammed who would try to claim to be prophets and the like:

Quote:

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

and that the evil fruits of I-slam are writ large on the pages of history books and newspapers alike.

Aside from that, I'd urge him to repent and renounce I-slam and any other forms of devil-worship or idolatry he might be practicing.

Why?

And here is the utterly beautifully perfect example.

Gunga goes on with great and reverend solemnity about the rightness and so on of what his invisible friend says, quoting from his "holy" book.

Yet he - seemingly unaware of the egregious and hilarious irony - derides the sayings of Islam's invisible friend about their "holy book" - adding to the deliciousness of the irony, is that most people regard their invisible friends as the same - or closely related, with different empahses having grown up over time - and their books are also closely related.

Breath-taking blindness, no?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 12:17 am
I just want to add that I'm certainly be aware of the fact that "Broken Newz" is a satire magazine. Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 12:21 am
The further glorious irony is that the anti-Islam bigots frequently slam Islam for its bigotry!!!! True, indeed, of some Muslims - but do the christian bigots (I do not mean all christians here, of course, just the anti-Muslim etc bigoted ones) never read their own parables? You know - let he who is without sin cast the first stone etc.

Just look at the bigotery not only of Gunga, but of his invisible friend!!!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 04:51 am
What a fine collection of hate speech links. This from a believer in the true faith of love?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 05:05 am
Joe Nation wrote:
What a fine collection of hate speech links.

Denial (psychology)

Denial is a psychological defense mechanism in which a person faced with a fact that is uncomfortable or painful to accept rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

Unlike some other defense mechanisms postulated by psychoanalytic theory (for instance, repression), the general existence of denial is fairly easy to verify. However, denial is one of the most widely controversial defense mechanisms, since it can be so easily used to create unfalsifiable theories: anything which is said or done by the subject which does not fit in with the interpeter's theory of reality is explained, not as evidence that the interpreter's theory is wrong, but as the subject being "in denial".

A commonly used example of denial is if an authority came to the house of two parents whose child just died and informed them for the first time about this, and the parents said something such as "No! You must have the wrong house, you can't mean our child!"
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 05:11 am
I am educated Gunga - one of the reasons I despise bigotry - most definitely including that of you and your ilk.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:53 am
dlowan wrote:
I am educated Gunga - one of the reasons I despise bigotry - most definitely including that of you and your ilk.

What about people like FDR and Churchill with their 'bigotry' against nazis and naziism?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 07:09 am
Lol.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 08:36 am
gunga has made a great show of his universal wisdom - unfortunataly only a very small universe he can overlook. (Some people can't repair their blinkers :wink: )
0 Replies