Mistreatment of copies of Mein Kampf: Lawsuit....

McGentrix

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 10:25 am
dlowan wrote:
I am educated Gunga - one of the reasons I despise bigotry - most definitely including that of you and your ilk.

I find your bigotry of people of faith most amusing. Especially when you are babbling on about the fact that you are intolerant of bigots. It makes me laugh. Thanks.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 05:03 pm
Yes - I am bigoted about bigoted people of faith - interesting paradox, isn't it?

But hey - if the christian bigots stop spreading their hate everywhere here, and the few muslim bigots that make it here stop spreading theirs - and you all leave each other alone and stop being mean about each others' invisible friends, we can all be happy, no?

Some of my best friends have invisible friends - they just aren't full of bigoted hate about other peoples'.....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 05:48 pm
I suppose you could say I am bigoted about bigoted people of no faith - interesting paradox, isn't it?

But hey - if the non-christian bigots stop spreading their hate everywhere here, and the few christian bigots that make it here stop spreading theirs - and you all leave each other alone and stop being mean about each others' invisible friends and self-righteous bigotry, we can all be happy, no?

Some of my best friends are heathens - they just aren't full of bigoted hate about certain peoples' faith.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 05:52 pm
Oh, I have no problem with your faith Lash - except when you spread bigoted hate and ridicule about others' faith about.

The people of faith that I respect embrace and respect the faiths of others, recognizing the many kernels of shared understanding.

They do not go about ridiculing and denigrating aspects of others' faiths - like respect for some holy book or another.

They accept that faith is faith - and do not - like Gunga - and, it seems, you - choose to denigrate aspects of one faith while clinging to theirs.

If you were denigrating a religion for human sacrifice or something - well and good - but for revering a BOOK?

Give me strength.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:00 pm
dlowan wrote:
Oh, I have no problem with your faith Lash - except when you spread bigoted hate and ridicule about others' faith about.

Quote:
I wouldn't like that either. Thankfully, I've never done it.

If you will note, I assail behavior. Not faith.

If I say a majority of iddle Eastern Muslims support OBL, I provide the statistics to back up my assertion.

Find where I spreaded bigotry. I ridicule behavior. An educated person such as yourself, bigot or not, surely knows the difference.

Or, do you?

The people of faith that I respect embrace and respect the faiths of others, recognizing the many kernels of shared understanding.

They do not go about ridiculing and denigrating aspects of others' faiths - like respect for some holy book or another.

They accept that faith is faith - and do not - like Gunga - and, it seems, you - choose to denigrate aspects of one faith while clinging to theirs.

If you were denigrating a religion for human sacrifice or something - well and good - but for revering a BOOK?

Give me strength.

Quote:
Revering a book is stupid. They don't respect others' beliefs. Where is your diatribe against that?

And, again, you know nothing about my faith because I don't inflict it on you---or anyone else.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:06 pm
Lol - so - your invisible friend tells you that revering a book is stupid?

Theirs doesn't.

What if yours told you to revere a book?

You know - blessed are the peace-makers, oh - and revere the holy bible and treat it as you would treat your own new-born babe - what then?

Whoopy do.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:10 pm
God doesn't talk to me.

Has their god said something to you?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:16 pm
Nope - gods don't talk to me - I don't read their books. But I believe Islamic people if they tell me their friend says to revere a book - i assumne they know their mate.

I note, by the way, that you have not picked up the hilarious irony in you calling me a bigot for saying invisible friends are stupid - but you see no bigotry in calling what the islamic invisible friend says is stupid - for saying to revere the book, for instance.

Why not answer the question, Lash - what would you be doing iof Jesus, or the old testament invisible friend, or both - whichever you believe in - HAD said to treat your holy book as sacred?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:20 pm
Oh - and you will find me commenting similarly on a thread started by a new bigoted Muslim - neat having mirror image threads by bigots about - perhaps people will begin to see themselves in the mirror.

Same words - opposite villains and heroes - might almost lead people to think, eh?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:30 pm
dlowan wrote:
Nope - gods don't talk to me - I don't read their books. But I believe Islamic people if they tell me their friend says to revere a book - i assumne they know their mate.

I note, by the way, that you have not picked up the hilarious irony in you calling me a bigot for saying invisible friends are stupid - but you see no bigotry in calling what the islamic invisible friend says is stupid - for saying to revere the book, for instance.

Why not answer the question, Lash - what would you be doing iof Jesus, or the old testament invisible friend, or both - whichever you believe in - HAD said to treat your holy book as sacred?

You admitted bigotry. It is very unlikely I would have made that charge. You said you were a bigot a few posts back. I took you at your word.

If you believe what the Muslims say about their god, doesn't that make you a Muslim?

It makes no matter that Muslims feel compelled to treat a book in any way they please. What is stupid is thinking they can kill or maim others when THEY don't follow their god's directives.

You do not have an acceptable comparison. You should know this by now.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:39 pm
Nope - dear goddess, it isn't difficult, lash!!!! here: I believe that they believe what they say they believe.

Like i believe that you believe what you say you believe.

And - what of your bigotry, lash? Admit it yet?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:41 pm
How do you define bigotry?

Where is your evidence of my bigotry? Let's examine it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:42 pm
Aaaah - she changes the argument under pressure! Now the belief is not stupid, the killing and maiming is!

Now, Lash - what evidence have you that the protesters set out to kill and maim?

As I understand it, most were killed by forces trying to stop the protests.

Do they have a right to express their beliefs about what they believe their god tells them? Do they have free speech?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:43 pm
I don't have an invisible friend or a skyhook or a secret maker of all things great and small to fall back on when there is adversity in my life. I can't tell how good it feels to know that when bad things happen, it's not my evil deeds or God's will that have brought them on, but just the nature of things. I will either find a way through or around or die. Simple, and as utterly complex as that is, it affords me one other gift, I do not have to hate to get by in the world.

So I don't hate George Bush although his followers, who see anything less than total devotion as some kind of hate, point their finger at me all the time. I just see what I see and I see something sad and incomplete in the man.

I don't hate the radical Muslims, even the ones who attacked my city and killed my friends and nearly killed the one I love the most in the world. I wonder what drives them though I am prepared to personally fight any of them who would attack me or others, but I do not hate them.

I don't hate believers, some of them are friends and family. I like them for their earnestness, their dedication to an ideal, but their devotion to a band of mealy-mouthed self-involved pitiless rock-ribbed con-men (and women) who could give a big ratass about any of their kind as long as they show up at the polls intrigues me. What the heck do they get out of it?

But that must either be my selfishness showing or my sense of what's real. I don't hate believers whether they are Christian or Muslim or Jains or Buddhists or members of the First Church of the Gooey Death and Discount House of the Everlasting Everlasting. I think sometimes their devotion is misplaced or out of focus, sometimes silly and sometimes, as with the long list of hate speech sites Gungasnake posted, repulsively inhuman.

A human heart cannot hate for long without changing into something less human. The human mind whithers without love. The human soul cannot hate at all, it is incapable of such a thing.

So many Masters taught such truths, yet some believers seem to think them fools.

Joe(Stop. You're thinking. Feel instead.)Nation
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:47 pm
Ok - let's satrt here.

"Revering a book is stupid. They don't respect other's beliefs"

I know you tried to chang e the thrust of your argument - but here it is in its glory.

See the internal contradiction?

"Revering a book is stupid."

I am bigoted according to you when I say believing in an invisible friend and criticising another who believes in a different one is stupid.

Their friend says to revere the book. I say you are bigoted because you are crapping on another's invisible friend.

"They don't respect other's beliefs"

This appears to imply that they ought to - (I agree) - but clearly YOU are not respecting THEIR beliefs - when you seem to believe respecting others beliefs is what others should do.

Does this also apply to you?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:47 pm
so now everyone knows the exact reasons why I am not human.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:48 pm
dlowan wrote:
Aaaah - she changes the argument under pressure! Now the belief is not stupid, the killing and maiming is!

Now, Lash - what evidence have you that the protesters set out to kill and maim?

As I understand it, most were killed by forces trying to stop the protests.

Do they have a right to express their beliefs about what they believe their god tells them? Do they have free speech?

Aaaaahhh! She does the double-back- pretend- she's- changed- the- argument routine when she realizes she can't produce a sliver to back up her misguided assertion!

What exactly ARE you accusing me of?

Do you even know?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:50 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
I don't have an invisible friend or a skyhook or a secret maker of all things great and small to fall back on when there is adversity in my life. I can't tell how good it feels to know that when bad things happen, it's not my evil deeds or God's will that have brought them on, but just the nature of things. I will either find a way through or around or die. Simple, and as utterly complex as that is, it affords me one other gift, I do not have to hate to get by in the world.

So I don't hate George Bush although his followers, who see anything less than total devotion as some kind of hate, point their finger at me all the time. I just see what I see and I see something sad and incomplete in the man.

I don't hate the radical Muslims, even the ones who attacked my city and killed my friends and nearly killed the one I love the most in the world. I wonder what drives them though I am prepared to personally fight any of them who would attack me or others, but I do not hate them.

I don't hate believers, some of them are friends and family. I like them for their earnestness, their dedication to an ideal, but their devotion to a band of mealy-mouthed self-involved pitiless rock-ribbed con-men (and women) who could give a big ratass about any of their kind as long as they show up at the polls intrigues me. What the heck do they get out of it?

But that must either be my selfishness showing or my sense of what's real. I don't hate believers whether they are Christian or Muslim or Jains or Buddhists or members of the First Church of the Gooey Death and Discount House of the Everlasting Everlasting. I think sometimes their devotion is misplaced or out of focus, sometimes silly and sometimes, as with the long list of hate speech sites Gungasnake posted, repulsively inhuman.

A human heart cannot hate for long without changing into something less human. The human mind whithers without love. The human soul cannot hate at all, it is incapable of such a thing.

So many Masters taught such truths, yet some believers seem to think them fools.

Joe(Stop. You're thinking. Feel instead.)Nation

Bless you Joe - and neither, of course, do I.

However, when I see the hate spewed against Muslims by some here, it makes me so sick I get angry and argue about religion in a way I never normally would - because I respect so many believers. But they do not drip contempt and hate for others' beliefs.

If there were as many Muslims doing the same thing on this site, I would be as angry with them.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:53 pm
To expect non Muslims to respect/revere a book is stupid.

I could care less what they do--I get quite miffed when they expect others to observe their religion.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:54 pm
Lol - look at your posts Lash.

It is stupid to revere a book becomes it is stupid to maim and kill because of it. A no-brainer. But so few Muslims did any maiming or killing, did they?

And you know you edited that post to include the maiming and killing - no problem with that with me - it is what the edit function is there for - except that I say you saw the logical trap you were caught in, and moved your argument.

Hey - mebbe it is progress - I may be accusing you of learning something?
0 Replies