Okay...let's see...where was I...

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:27 am
real life wrote:
Yes Frank. We know all about the Jesus Seminar.

They, in their incalculable Wisdom , have determined that the only part of the Lord's Prayer that Christ likely said was "Our Father" . The rest they summarily dismissed.

What a joke.

Well...they are mostly churchmen....with several Anglican Bishops among them. They have all done more than merely "read" the Bible....they have studied it for years.

And they give excellent reasons for doubting much of what they doubt.

And they do not suggest that the only words of the Lord's Prayer Jesus said was "Our father"....and they do not summarily dismiss the rest.

That is merely another example of you making stuff up so that you can argue against your distortion and not have to deal with what actually is.

Quote:
However, your suggestion that Sunlover read up on the Seminar is probably a very good one.

I think that the Jesus Seminar folks and Sunlover actually would get along quite nicely since Sunlover and they all obviously were there and know what was and wasn't said.

Perhaps the Seminar should form a political wing to study the Constitution and Bill of Rights so that they can tell us the only words the Framers actually wrote were "Congress shall" .

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

And I suppose somewhere down the line we will hear you say that you dealt with this topic earlier....and you will be referring to this silly post.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:28 am
neologist wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Ooooo . . . a bitch fight over scripture . . . i love it . . .
Just like in the coliseum - spectators eager for blood.

Will Frank step in to bring his thread back on topic Question

Hell no. I enjoy a bitch fight as much as Set.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:30 am
real life wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
real life wrote:
You indicated in your first post that you wanted me to give you references so that you don't have to read it for yourself. But maybe that is what you should do, instead of trying to pummel others who don't do your research to your satisfaction.

I asked you because I thought you were an expert on contradictions in the Bible.

Whatever gave you that idea?

My press agent must have been working overtime. I'll have to give him a raise.... or fire him.

What I know of the Bible, I got by doing what you said you did not want to do. I read it.

Well, you do that. But you left out the part about distorting it whenever it suits your purposes.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:14 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
real life wrote:
You indicated in your first post that you wanted me to give you references so that you don't have to read it for yourself. But maybe that is what you should do, instead of trying to pummel others who don't do your research to your satisfaction.

I asked you because I thought you were an expert on contradictions in the Bible.

My press agent must have been working overtime. I'll have to give him a raise.... or fire him.

What I know of the Bible, I got by doing what you said you did not want to do. I read it.

Well, you do that. But you left out the part about distorting it whenever it suits your purposes.

I gave over half a dozen different passages within the same chapters in Exodus that you were referring to, in order to give context to the discussion. How is that distortion, Frank?

C'mon you've got to do better than that. Did that missed putt upset you that much? Get a grip, my friend.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:36 am
real life wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
real life wrote:

I gave over half a dozen different passages within the same chapters in Exodus that you were referring to, in order to give context to the discussion. How is that distortion, Frank?

C'mon you've got to do better than that. Did that missed putt upset you that much? Get a grip, my friend.

You are the one needing to "get a grip on it" Life.

You are the one allowing fairytales and myths to run your life.

Exodus could not be more clear about one thing....and that is that the god of the Bible MADE PHAROAH OBSTINATE!

Nothing you offered in any way mitigated that fact.

The god of the Bible not only says to Moses that he (the god) would make Pharaoh obstinate...the god actually brags about it.

What do they do to numb your minds in order to keep you as sheep?

How do they do it?

Or are you so terrified of this silly god that you do it to yourselves?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:18 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
real life wrote:

Exodus could not be more clear about one thing....and that is that the god of the Bible MADE PHAROAH OBSTINATE!

The god of the Bible not only says to Moses that he (the god) would make Pharaoh obstinate...the god actually brags about it.

How do they do it?

I'll try this again. If I said, "Ooo Frank, you MAKE me so mad!"

Your responsibility or mine that I am mad?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 03:16 am
real life wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
real life wrote:

How do they do it?

I'll try this one more time:

YOUR GOD BRAGS THAT HE WILL HARDEN PHARAOH'S HEART AND MAKE HIM OBDURATE!

YOUR GOD BRAGS ABOUT THAT!

Whether I can make you angry or not is not what you should be considering. You should be considering whether your god...who supposedly made all the suns in our galaxy and all the galaxies that we know of....can do something that I cannot!

And if your god can make planets and suns and galaxies....and then brags that he can make a human obdurate....are we to suppose that he cannot simply because you think I cannot make you angry.

In any case, I am not interested in making you angry....I am interested in getting you to think like someone over four years of age.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:25 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
real life wrote:

How do they do it?

Whether I can make you angry or not is not what you should be considering. You should be considering whether your god...who supposedly made all the suns in our galaxy and all the galaxies that we know of....can do something that I cannot!

And if your god can make planets and suns and galaxies....and then brags that he can make a human obdurate....are we to suppose that he cannot simply because you think I cannot make you angry.

In any case, I am not interested in making you angry....I am interested in getting you to think like someone over four years of age.
It's cool, don't you think, how the initial quote in these nested quotes gets smaller and smaller. I wonder how long before there is no longer enough room for the quote.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:32 am
Who cares about how small the original quote gets.

The fact at issue here is:

YOUR GOD BRAGS ABOUT THAT.

Of course, you god also set Adam and Eve up.

Your god denies them knowledge of right and wrong...good and evil...

...and when they do something they did not know was wrong...

...he goes ape shyt and punishes all the rest of humanity.

How can you claim to love an idiotic, barbaric god like this?
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:55 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Who cares about how small the original quote gets.

The fact at issue here is:

YOUR GOD BRAGS ABOUT THAT.

Of course, you god also set Adam and Eve up.

Your god denies them knowledge of right and wrong...good and evil...

...and when they do something they did not know was wrong...

...he goes ape shyt and punishes all the rest of humanity.

How can you claim to love an idiotic, barbaric god like this?

Just droppin' in to see how you're doin' Frank.
Looks like you're still at it.
Good for you.
Flushes out the system, it does, this obdurate intensity on the nature, or non-nature, of G-d.
Keep up the good works.
:wink:
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:57 am
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
real life wrote:

How do they do it?

It's cool, don't you think, how the initial quote in these nested quotes gets smaller and smaller. I wonder how long before there is no longer enough room for the quote.

And damn. I like that question. Never thought about it before.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 10:43 am
Thanks, Moishe.

We gotta do what we gotta do. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 10:56 am
The possibility of a decent God is better than no possibility of a personal God at all...

In my opinion Frank wins on this one...

An agnostic philosophy is slightly better than an atheist philosophy (in my opinion).

Yet one who accepts God and desires an understanding of the true God is far better than one who remains either ignorant or unwilling to formulate an opinion of God.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 12:42 pm
RexRed wrote:
An agnostic philosophy is slightly better than an atheist philosophy (in my opinion).

An agnostic philosophy on questions of the Ultimate REALITY is infinitely superior to both atheism and theism.

Quote:
Yet one who accepts God and desires an understanding of the true God is far better than one who remains either ignorant or unwilling to formulate an opinion of God.

That is abject nonsense, Rex.

What you are saying there is that blindly guessing that there is a God...and pretending to know not only that there is a God, but what it is like and what it expects of humans....

...is far better than telling the truth...

...which appears to be that we truly do not know if there is a God or not.

And characterizing the agnostic position of acknowledging the truth...that one does not know if there is a god or not and that one does not have any unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess...

...as being "ignorant or unwilling to formulate an opinion"...

...is itself extremely ignorant....

...as well as being laughably self-serving.

Rex, you are guessing there is a God....and you are guessing that you know what the god is like and what it expects of humans.

It is a silly guess to defend with the vigor you bring to it....because it is based on NOTHING.

Hope you are having a good day, Rex.

I am.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 02:38 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:

An agnostic philosophy on questions of the Ultimate REALITY is infinitely superior to both atheism and theism.

Quote:

That is abject nonsense, Rex.

What you are saying there is that blindly guessing that there is a God...and pretending to know not only that there is a God, but what it is like and what it expects of humans....

...is far better than telling the truth...

...which appears to be that we truly do not know if there is a God or not.

And characterizing the agnostic position of acknowledging the truth...that one does not know if there is a god or not and that one does not have any unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess...

...as being "ignorant or unwilling to formulate an opinion"...

...is itself extremely ignorant....

...as well as being laughably self-serving.

Rex, you are guessing there is a God....and you are guessing that you know what the god is like and what it expects of humans.

It is a silly guess to defend with the vigor you bring to it....because it is based on NOTHING.

Hope you are having a good day, Rex.

I am.

Perceptions of God, exercise the soul and purify the mind...

I am glad your day is fine mine is a bit hot here in Maine but still quite enjoyable... thx Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 02:59 pm
You will like this Frank...

Here is something that the Bible says we cannot know...

Ac 1:7
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 03:09 pm
RexRed wrote:

Unfortunately, Rex...perceptions of god does a hell of a lot more than that.

Perceptions of gods are at the crux of most of the hatred on this planet. My guess (and I acknowledge this is just a guess)....is that more people have been tortured, maimed, and killed on this planet because of perceptions of gods....than because of all other reasons combined.

And I guess I needn't point out that the notion of a "soul"....particularly one that needs or benefits from exercise....is more than likely just another guess on your part.

Quote:
I am glad your day is fine mine is a bit hot here in Maine but still quite enjoyable... thx Smile

The heat is a bit ch....and the humidity would make Leona Helmsley look like a saint. But I am in an air-conditioned den playing a bit of poker right now....and all is fine with my world. :wink:
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 04:47 pm
Frank wrote:
Perceptions of gods are at the crux of most of the hatred on this planet.

Comment:
I will argue ignorance of God is the reason for most hatred not God...

When you attribute God to horrors you commit horrors without conscience when you attribute God to life then you have life to offer...

Pr 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Comment:
Does your way seem right Frank?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 04:52 pm
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
real life wrote:

How do they do it?

Doe-see-Doe and away we go!
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 05:00 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Unfortunately, Rex...perceptions of god does a hell of a lot more than that.

Perceptions of gods are at the crux of most of the hatred on this planet. My guess (and I acknowledge this is just a guess)....is that more people have been tortured, maimed, and killed on this planet because of perceptions of gods....than because of all other reasons combined.

And I guess I needn't point out that the notion of a "soul"....particularly one that needs or benefits from exercise....is more than likely just another guess on your part.

Quote:

The heat is a bit ch....and the humidity would make Leona Helmsley look like a saint. But I am in an air-conditioned den playing a bit of poker right now....and all is fine with my world. :wink:

You realize, of course, that most of the world today hasn't a clue as to who Leona Helmsley is...
I blame it on taking prayer out of school....
Cool

90 plus degrees in Minnesota and not getting any cooler...

(Someone ought to open up a window!
No, no, too many flies...
But it's hot as hell in Philadephia....)
0 Replies