Okay...let's see...where was I...

Doktor S

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:24 am
Interesting thread...
I see it like this.
Say I invented a creature called googleshnortz, and assert that this great purple blob created everything that is orange in color.
Absent of proof, the claim stands as ridiculous and without any basis or merit.
Believers in googleshnortz, however, have managed to convince a group of people to the point where they say..well..maybe googleshrortz is real, after all, there is nothing to 'disprove' his existance.
Given the complete lack of evidence and rational grounding, to say googleshnortzs might be is as ludicrous as saying googleshnortz IS.
Such as it is with all current spiritual boogymen, but especially the one of christian manufacture. So long has this ridiculous mythology integrated itself with our culture that even some of those that would claim to be rational will say 'well, maybe.'
When in fact there is no rational answer but 'show me the proof or shut up about it'
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:29 am
drats, for a second there I thought Frank was back.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:46 am
Dok; if you think I am going to google schnortz, forget it.

I think Frank would agree also.

Excuse me; I guess Frank would agree.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:18 pm
Fine, use hotbot!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:03 pm
Hotbot schnortz sounds like a recipe for an aphrodisiac drink.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 12:02 am
Doktor S wrote:
Interesting thread...
I see it like this.
Say I invented a creature called googleshnortz, and assert that this great purple blob created everything that is orange in color.
Believers in googleshnortz, however, have managed to convince a group of people to the point where they say..well..maybe googleshrortz is real, after all, there is nothing to 'disprove' his existance.
Given the complete lack of evidence and rational grounding, to say googleshnortzs might be is as ludicrous as saying googleshnortz IS.
Such as it is with all current spiritual boogymen, but especially the one of christian manufacture. So long has this ridiculous mythology integrated itself with our culture that even some of those that would claim to be rational will say 'well, maybe.'
When in fact there is no rational answer but 'show me the proof or shut up about it'

I don't usually comment on avatars, but regarding yours, is that a swastika on the forehead? I'm not sure that anything you say about rationality holds any credibility for me at this point.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 12:04 am
I still haven't figured out what the heck Doktor S's avatar is!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 01:28 am
Frank, nice to see you around again. I missed you on these threads! Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 01:30 am
flushd,

Frank hasn't been around much. He posted that back in August. How are you doing?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:54 am
For something interesting, google Frank Apisa. Laughing

Seriously!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:55 am
Or, as Dok would say, googlefrankapisa!

You may find this! http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/banned2.gif

http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/laughing1.gif
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 12:54 pm
What about that do you so funny?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 12:57 pm
You not notice Frank banned from atheist website?

Maybe Frank back here come where he loved.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 03:57 pm
Actually I "guess" Frank likes to spar with atheists just as much as theists. Maybe they just were not happy about his proselytizing the agnostic position. Some folks just cannot take frankness and Frank does tend to be frank about what he believes.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 04:03 pm
mesquite wrote:
Actually I "guess" Frank likes to spar with atheists just as much as theists. Maybe they just were not happy about his proselytizing the agnostic position. Some folks just cannot take frankness and Frank does tend to be frank about what he believes.

Mesquite,

Actually, I don't believe Frank would use the word believe. But, that's just my belief.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 04:17 pm
Bait MA, bait. We miss Frank
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 04:23 pm
mesquite wrote:
Bait MA, bait. We miss Frank

Joke, Mesquite. A joke!http://www.smileys.ws/smls/yahoo/00000034.gif
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:32 pm
Whoops! Embarrassed My mistake. I should check the dates on threads from now on!

Thanks for getting me up to speed everyone. Y'all are playing nice. Must be the Holiday Spirit. (note I choose a neutral well wishin' greeting).

Very Happy
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:38 pm
I do miss Frank. And I mean that with the highest degree of Christian charity.

'Scuse me. I think I have a fever.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:59 pm
real life wrote:
Doktor S wrote:
Interesting thread...
I see it like this.

I don't usually comment on avatars, but regarding yours, is that a swastika on the forehead? I'm not sure that anything you say about rationality holds any credibility for me at this point.

What does my avatar have to do with anything?
Is this the kind of irrelevant drivel you generally reply with?
Besides, you're a theist..what do you need with rationality.

For the record, it's a caracature of charles manson, no I'm not a nazi, but the picture is pleasing to my eye.
0 Replies