Okay...let's see...where was I...

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 02:28 pm
RexRed wrote:
There are only two gods with "power" Frank

How do you know this....or is this just another of the wild guesses about REALITY that you pull out of the air?

Quote:
Which "God" wrote the law?

My guess is that no god wrote the law.

What is your guess?

Quote:
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Leviticus 25:44ff
"Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess...such slaves
you may own as chattels, and leave to your sons as their
hereditary property, making them perpetual slaves."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 04:15 pm
New thread on abortion:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1478807#1478807
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:54 pm
OY!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:57 pm
Never too many threads!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:04 am
oh pllllllllllllease.........
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 07:27 am
Frank,

I am surprised your new abortion thread has so many responses already. I always thought a woman's right to abortion should be legally protected but my discussion would end right there.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:29 pm
wandeljw wrote:
Frank,

I am surprised your new abortion thread has so many responses already. I always thought a woman's right to abortion should be legally protected but my discussion would end right there.

You oughta read through the thread. Lots of laughs to be had.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 04:38 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Never too many threads!

Lola wrote:

Lola, did you know that Frank has the most interesting views on Christianity's moral approach to slavery? He's kind of shy about expressing them -- but if you ask him nicely, maybe he'll start a new thread and start talking about the subject. Wouldn't it be a shame if his thoughts were to remain a secret between him and myself? Razz
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:21 am
Thomas,

Did you just come back? I know you said you would be gone for a while to take care of your mother. Is your mother okay?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 08:45 am
Thomas wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Never too many threads!

Lola wrote:

Lola, did you know that Frank has the most interesting views on Christianity's moral approach to slavery? He's kind of shy about expressing them -- but if you ask him nicely, maybe he'll start a new thread and start talking about the subject. Wouldn't it be a shame if his thoughts were to remain a secret between him and myself? Razz

:wink:

(Hey...are you gonna be in New York next week....or did I misread something?)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:23 am
Frank likes to condemn the Bible but he forgets the sin consciousness in his own backyard...

Like American labor laws condoning mexican slavery in California... and China sweat shops... Unfair trade, subsidies... States sodomy laws... and teens on death row? We don't stone homosexuals anymore but that is so we can give adulterers a free pass too... and then half of Nevada can live in their polygamy and disrespect for women...

Sound Biblical to you Frank?

Did these laws on the books in many states come from the Bible or from society's need for deterrence of common social problems?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:29 am
Frank,

Is your problem with the God of the Bible these particular laws in the scriptures that you previously posted or law in general? Smile

If you do concede that laws are needed, who shall write these utopian laws you think are so easily conceived of in your mind?

I guess "commandment" number one in "your" book is:

I get to pick the laws...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:40 am
RexRed wrote:
Frank likes to condemn the Bible but he forgets the sin consciousness in his own backyard...

And what makes you suppose something stupid like that????

Quote:
Like American labor laws condoning mexican slavery in California... and China sweat shops... Unfair trade, subsidies... States sodomy laws... and teens on death row? We don't stone homosexuals anymore but that is so we can give adulterers a free pass too... and then half of Nevada can live in their polygamy and disrespect for women...

Sound Biblical to you Frank?

I have absolutely no idea of what your point is here, Rex. Have you been drinking.

Quote:
Did these laws on the books in many states come from the Bible or from society's need for deterrence of common social problems?

What laws?

I think almost all laws written come from society's need to deal with problems for society. If the Bible mentions them....great. If the Bible goes against some of them....as the Bible does in many cases....shytcan the Bible and make the laws as society needs them.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:46 am
RexRed wrote:
Frank,

Is your problem with the God of the Bible these particular laws in the scriptures that you previously posted or law in general? Smile

My problem with the god of the Bible, Rex...is that the god is a jealous, vindictive, tyrannical, murderous, quick-to-anger slow-to-forgive, vengeful, petty barbarian...and the "laws" the god gives, for the most part, are petty and barbaric also.

Quote:
If you do concede that laws are needed, who shall write these utopian laws you think are so easily conceived of in your mind?

The people who have been writing them throughout history. We do not need your jealous, vindictive, tyrannical, murderous, quick-to-anger slow-to-forgive, vengeful, petty barbaric god to tell us that society is better off if it has laws against theft and murder.

We do not need your jealous, vindictive, tyrannical, murderous, quick-to-anger slow-to-forgive, vengeful, petty barbaric god telling us that slavery is moral and ethical...because it isn't...and I am happy that we have laws against it.

We do not need your jealous, vindictive, tyrannical, murderous, quick-to-anger slow-to-forgive, vengeful, petty barbaric god to tell us that people who are homosexual and who engage in sex with same sex partners are an abomination and should be put to death....because it isn't...and they shouldn't...and I am happy that we have laws that protect homosexuals.

Quote:
I guess "commandment" number one in "your" book is:

I get to pick the laws...

Not at all...and except that you have absolutely no way to defend your bullshyt...I guess you are left with making an idiotic charge like that.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 09:19 pm
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

http://rexred.com/smile/36_2_55.gif
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:35 pm
wandeljw wrote:
Did you just come back? I know you said you would be gone for a while to take care of your mother. Is your mother okay?

Frank Apisa wrote:

My mother is recovering slowly, but nicely so far -- thanks for asking, wandel! I'm still on the internet quite sporadically because I'm travelling. I'm in San Francisco this week, New York next week. So no, Frank, you didn't misread anything. I expect to be fully 'back' the week after that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:41 pm
Thomas-groovy Very Happy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:45 pm
Thomas wrote:
wandeljw wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

My mother is recovering slowly, but nicely so far -- thanks for asking, wandel! I'm still on the internet quite sporadically because I'm travelling. I'm in San Francisco this week, New York next week. So no, Frank, you didn't misread anything. I expect to be fully 'back' the week after that.

Hope we get a chance to meet. I've already offered Blatham a bribe to let me know when you are in town even if you beg him not to tell me.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:54 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Hope we get a chance to meet. I've already offered Blatham a bribe to let me know when you are in town even if you beg him not to tell me.

I hope to meet you too. I'll be arriving Saturday close to midnight, leaving Friday around noon, so will be available between Sunday and Thursday. Do you know if the New Yorkers made any plans yet? I thought they might since Phoenix is coming too.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:05 am
Thomas wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

I hope to meet you too. I'll be arriving Saturday close to midnight, leaving Friday around noon, so will be available between Sunday and Thursday. Do you know if the New Yorkers made any plans yet? I thought they might since Phoenix is coming too.

Seems to be some talk about getting together on Monday night.

We'll keep discussing it here. Stay tuned.
0 Replies