Do Warner Bros. and Disney still dominate the TV toon market like they did in the late 20th century?

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 02:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
You could just Google "gimmicks" for an answer.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 02:54 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I tried that but I didn't get a direct answer.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 02:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
You could also watch TV or YouTube and pay attention to the commercials.

It is not like this very important to you right now. From what I can guess, you are months away from posting anything online.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 03:08 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I do write and draw stuff in my spare time, but my focus right now is being organized, which includes having my financial situation and my mother's in order.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 03:29 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I also practice vocal characterizations in my spare time, but I would still like to learn how to voice act professionally.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 05:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
Yes. We all know. You have repeatedly said the same things for months/years. Sometimes, you say it word for word.

But it has been hard to take you seriously when there is nothing to show for your efforts. Not even talking about drawings and art; everyone and I haven't seen any kind of scripts, dialogue, anything written by you.

Meanwhile, my Letterboxd profile I linked to contains several film reviews written by me and available to be read by the public.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 07:37 pm
Hoping to get back on topic.

It was recently revealed in the new Disney Channel series The Owl House that the main character is bisexual, as confirmed by the series creator and supported by Disney management.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/the-owl-house-makes-history-with-disneys-first-bisexual-lead-character/ar-BB183Qk5

It is reported to be Disney's first confirmed bisexual character in a lead role, though there have been other LGBT animated characters in other shows (Adventure Time, Loud House, Legend of Korra, She-Ra, Steven Universe).
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
Since Rebel brought up LGBTQIA characters, and I was going to post about the following anyway:

JGoldman10 wrote:

Yes I watched The Looney Tunes Show. I thought Tina was an interesting character.

I take back what I said. I hated the fact WB made the executive decision to make the Goofy Gophers an openly gay couple in the show.

I forgot they made Witch Hazel a main character in the show - they just spelled "Hazel" backwards and tried to make her hip by making her sound Black.

It would be a bit hypocritical of me to like the show when they have a witch as a main character.

I also forgot Witch Hazel is considered a main character in the stable of Looney Tunes characters - a main character in the franchise.

Clarence is a recent kids' show I've heard about and watched. They are advocating the LGBTQIA in it.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:15 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I am serious about voice acting. Over the past few months I recorded myself doing vocal characterizations for some OC's I created on my smartphone. I'm going to upload these clips to Vocaroo and then upload the clips from Vocaroo to Yahoo! Answers to see what other people think of them.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Clarence is a recent kids' show I've heard about and watched. They are advocating the LGBTQIA in it.

The show wasn't exactly advocating gay acceptance. It mainly just had a supporting character's moms in the background. They didn't have a lot of lines.
It wasn't like Steven Universe, which predominantly had a gay couple and other LGBT characters throughout the show's run. The couple's relationship was the subject of several major episodes.

Something else I learned: one of the show writers of The Owl House, Molly Ostertag, is married to She-Ra reboot showrunner Noelle Stevenson
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
It would be a bit hypocritical of me to like the show when they have a witch as a main character.

Then why do you still like Looney Tunes at all? One of their most critically acclaimed shorts, What's Opera Doc?, features magic, and the film Looney Tunes: Back In Action was about the characters going after a magical diamond.

On a related note, here is a satirical interview by The Hard Times, published today, titled "We Sat Down With 1940s LGBTQ Icon Bugs Bunny".
https://thehardtimes.net/blog/we-sat-down-with-1940s-lgbtq-icon-bugs-bunny/
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 09:16 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I forgot Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck like dressing in drag.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 09:18 pm
@Rebelofnj,
There was an openly gay male couple who were shown in one episode of Clarence kissing each other in the background.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 09:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
Again, like the moms, that couple was in the background and had no effect on the show as a whole

Whereas Steven Universe had a gay wedding between Ruby and Sapphire and several episodes leading to the wedding. Not to mention the long running subplot of Pearl dealing with her unresolved romantic feelings towards Steven's mother.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 09:36 pm
@Rebelofnj,
This is a comedic segment from a radio show from the South about homosexuality in cartoons I've listened to that I thought was humorous:

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 09:38 pm
@Rebelofnj,
What moms?

In The Amazing World Of Gumball there was an episode that spoofed The Golden Girls which centered around the dad dressing up in drag.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 09:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
To repeat:
The show Clarence mainly just had a supporting character's two moms in the background. They didn't have a lot of lines.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 11:06 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Were the two moms a gay couple?
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2020 03:13 am
@JGoldman10,
Yes, the supporting character Jeff has 2 moms, who are a lesbian couple. Not sure how you even missed that.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2020 10:59 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Oh, okay. I've only seen a few eps of the show.

I've watched some cartoons that have been on TV in the past two decades so that I'm aware of what's being put on TV.