Nipple Me This... Are You Offended By Nipples?

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 08:19 pm
This time of year is particularly tricky for nipples. In the winter, it's cald everywhere and you dress for it. Not many nipples can show through several layers of clothing. But, when it's hot, we were less clothing. The problem is that when we go into a grocery store or other shop, the thermo is set down to like 60 degrees and then - POP - out the come in all their glory, like it or not.
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 04:27 pm
<Wishing to be there, near that glory, when it POPS>
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 05:35 pm
Well, it appears we do have a couple of people offended by nipples showing through clothing.

I certainly can't help it when it happens to me. I'm gonna have to check on that super-duper boulder holder mentioned earlier. I have a horrid time finding comfortable bras that provide needed coverage and support.

I saw a beautiful Mexican woman feeding her newborn in a cafe' the other day. She was covered, but so relaxed about it, making it very natural seeming and causing no one else to stare or feel noticably uncomfortable. It was nice. Made me wish more women were that comfortable.

Only mothers that have breast fed will understand this but, I actually felt my milk drop for a long time after I stopped breastfeeding if I heard a baby cry or saw another woman breastfeeding. Not that there was milk there any more, but same feeling.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:19 pm
I was involved in an incident on lake Titicaca in Bolivia several years ago where we took a number of women and children off a sinking water taxi. All of them were Quecche or Aymara Indians and several of the women had infants. It was a highly emotional situation, children crying etc. What amazed me is that as soon as the mothers got onto our boat the sat down and began to nurse their infants. It seem to have a calming effect on both mother and child.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:32 pm
Hello there laeknir!

Squiiney, I have one bra which is lined with flexible foam (foam? maybe?). It's light and thin, but it doesn't always do it's job entirely.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:41 pm
I guess if people can be offended by toes, or body hair, or any other thing, they can be offended by nipples.

Doesn't mean I have to understand them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:43 pm
Doesn't mean you have to accomodate them either.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:47 pm
Yup.
I mean, nope.

I am definitely not going to accommodate the highly groomed eyebrow maniacs, I'm not going to hide my toes, and I'm not wearing something uncomfortable to protect the world from my nipples.

I feel like such a rebel.

Cool
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:48 pm
I say we just have a National Show Me Your Nipples! Day. We'll all just wear thin tanks and carry ice cubes.

Let's show them nipple protestors we ain't scaird...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:49 pm
ehBeth wrote:

I am definitely not going to accommodate the highly groomed eyebrow maniacs,

I just waxed my eyebrows....I feel so ashamed....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:49 pm
Ice cubes.

Who needs ice cubes?

Just get errrrrr nemmind.

Cool
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:48 pm
You are such a naughty girl, how did i . . . nemmind . . .
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:03 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
It is clear that the prudes of this world have WAAY too much time on their hands....

We should strive to give them something better to worry about.

Maybe the prudes should just use their hands for sumthin' nice....
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:37 am
LionTamerX wrote:
My mom taught me that only right wing moms produce sour milk.

Rumor has it black women give chocolate milk. You'd think I'd remember, even after all those years. Could be my mom being 1/4 caucasian canceled out the chocolate.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:04 am
Rumor? Sounds more like a legend.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:43 am
are 'camel toes' as offencive to anyone?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 11:02 am
LOL
love camel toes
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 11:07 am
hehe.

i think that question killed this thread..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 11:20 am
No way....I love a good camel toe just as much as the next guy.

Is that some universal term or something? We all live in different parts of the country and the three of us (Shewolf, husker and I) all know what camel toe is...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 12:02 pm
I dont like camel toes in jeans,
i like them in slacks. Embarrassed
0 Replies