Nipple Me This... Are You Offended By Nipples?

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 01:39 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
OK, all sophomoric idiots out there, go ahead and make your stupid sexual comments.

I think all air conditioners should be, by law, set 10 degrees colder then they already are.
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 01:46 pm
I AM offended by nipples.
I have none (or is it all that fuzzy hair that blocks my view?).
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 01:52 pm
since nippin' is a natural phenomenon, why is it so bad? like kirsten and bella, i am not offended by others nipples, just get self conscious when mine are visibly at attention. Since we are talking about breasts anyway, why is it such a big deal to breast feed in public? just like with nippin', i wouldn't want to do it personally, but it doesn't bother me when others do. both are natural occurences...the body's reaction to certain events.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:26 pm
Jeeze, Chai....relax. Some people make light of a situation that might otherwise be emabrassing or tough to talk about.

Or maybe nipples aren't a big deal, since we all got 'em. What about the human body is so repulsive to you? The human body, in every respect is beautiful.

Nipples are normal. Let it be. Nudity is not dirty. The human body is a thing of art and I personally am offended by people who make it dirty.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:46 pm
Nipple Alert!

Don't worry...no nipples are actually seen in this picture.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:51 pm
I think, from now on , I am going to cut quarter size holes out of the front of my bras .
Forget hiding them. Its too much work.
Ill just point at everyone all the time.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:52 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I think, from now on , I am going to cut quarter size holes out of the front of my bras .
Forget hiding them. Its too much work.
Ill just point at everyone all the time.

It will save you the energy of lifting your arm...If someone asks for directions, you'll only have to turn to show them the way.

Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:55 pm
If it is cold enough, i can let my nipples push the doors open FOR me...
my pointer sisters will make life easier
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 03:01 pm
Nevermind a gun....just carrying the girls will be enough to fight off would-be attackers.

It's all fun and games until somebody gets an eye poked out.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 03:29 pm
Bella Dear

Where did I say the human body was repulsive?
Where did I say the human body was dirty?

What I'm saying is the human body is not to be taken lightly, or that sexuality should be flaunted.

I believe the human body is a temple, a holy place, and I don't go to a holy place like a synagoge, church or mosque and perform a burlesque show.

If your aim is to attract someone based purely on the fact that you have breasts, terrific. However, I believe you will have a harder time having anyone see you as more than that.

In a word Bella - I'm trying to be an advocate for modesty. Which is something to be admired but at the same time sadly lacking.

The human body is certainly beautiful. So beautiful that it's much too special to just be paraded on the street.
Remember Lady Godiva? People had so much respect for her, they turned away from her nudity.

So don't be offended by me, I'm not making the human body dirty. I'm trying to make a case for keeping it sacred. As far as people making jokes because there're embarrassed by this subject, well no one is holding a gun to their head making them say such immature things on this site.
They can choose not to comment at all if it embarrasses them.

Have a little self respect for yourself ladies for cryin' out loud.

Oh, and heaven forbid when you give yourself that extra tweek before you walk out the front door that you give a thought to other people, and their discomfort around you.
Yes, I'm sure that 90 year old lady was real impressed with you.

One's manner of dress reflects who they are, the same way their speech does.
If I'm near someone who continually says f**k, s**t, c**t and so forth - I might wonder what kind of upbringing they had, not to know better, but only after I dismissed them as a potty mouth.
Same thing w/ clothes, only first I would wonder what they are trying to prove. I would wonder if they had no LITTLE confidence in their sexuality that they have to stick it in your face.

Look at some of the beauties of the last 50 years: Audrey Hepburn, Lauren Bacall,
Anne Bancroft, Grace Kelly, Dianne Carroll, Liz Taylor,Tippy Hedrn, Natalie Wood, Katherine Hepburn, all walked the earth with grace and dignity. No one doubted their sexuality for a moment. They were more sexual because they left some mystery to the eye.
Compare these with Paris Hilton, Pamela Anderson.
I rest my case.

I have worked long and hard not to be looked at as a sex object.
I am very sexual in private with the man I adore, behind closed doors. It is so beautiful partly because it's private.

And if anyone reading this thinks that's cause for a joke, well, I guess it just shows how empty your life is.

You've got to ask yourself sometimes if this hill is worth dying on. Well, for the sake of the younger generation of women coming of age, it is an important matter for a woman to take to heart that decorum is a virtue.

The as**hles out there will tell their stupid little jokes for the purpose of making a young woman feel the odd ball for not putting on a free show for them.
Girls, ladies, women, etc. don't fall for it. They have tiny little minds because they are worried they have tiny little penises so they have to make you feel uncomfortable.

Bella - don't take offense by my words - but truly, this is an important issue.
After a certain age, a woman has an obligation to help out the community of women around the world.
Yes and I do believe
Sex is Natural
Sex is Fun
Sex is best when it's one on one.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 03:58 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
In an environment where business dress is expected, letting ones nipples show is in extremely bad taste. About as bad as a man letting one ball hang out during a seminar.

I don't think women in a business environment INTEND for their nipples to show. I, for one, have a problem. My nipples get hard all the time. I just cannot help it and worse, I cannot feel them harden. I wear padded bras and clothing that is not too thin but nothing works. These days I end up walking down the hallway making sure I have a file folder held in the general boobage area because I KNOW I might be showing.

And actually I wouldn't equate this to a man letting one ball hang out. A womans nipples getting hard can be mostly out of her control. She could be wearing a padded bra, thick top, but a man with a ball hanging out ?- well what the heck is he doing with no pants on or short-shorts at a seminar? That's totally inappropriate dress for the workplace and doesn't even compare to the nipple situation.

Chai Tea wrote:
If however, she becomes distraught or even uncomfortable because someone is staring at her nipples, well, learn how to buy a bra that provides adequate coverage.

I have and they don't work. I am not skinny and my boobs are not tiny so I find it very difficult to find padded bras in the first place. I have tried the expensive kind. I have taped plasters to the inside of the bra around the nipple area. You name it, I've tried it and it doesn't work.

Chai Tea wrote:
That is unless it is one of those occassions where a fashion faux pas has occurred. In that case, put on a sweater.

Impossible to don a sweater when the air conditioning is not working or the outside temperature is 90 degrees. Yes, it happens even in the heat.

So, in a lot of situations the woman is working on trying to have them NOT show and it still happens. Doesn't make me a bad person. I have to put up with men scratching and adjusting their balls in front of me, while they are speaking to me (yes they do it here at work all the time) and I should get embarrassed about my nips showing? Well, actually I do, but then that's just the way I am.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:48 pm
Ah, as I have mentioned lately, I am sixty three and you can be sure I am quite tired of the hide the nipple thing. Why would I wear a padded bra when I am moderately well endowed?
why exactly do I need to be ashamed in some way of who I just am?

It has taken me years to get there but since I feel this way, you all who worry about it might pause before going off offensed.
Not to mock Chai, as I fully agreed with her at some point.

Boobs move and nipples grow and diminish. It would be a good thing, to me, if people got used to it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 06:55 am
ossobuco wrote:

why exactly do I need to be ashamed in some way of who I just am?

Exactly. Americans are such prudes. My god, we flip out when someone is showing underwear! We are such a NIMBY country, it makes me sick. Nudity is ok as long as I don't see it. For gods, sake, don't show your bra because that's indecent. What you think is tacky someone else might like. I don't personally think that the thong hanging out the back of some chicks pants is sexy but it isn't indecent. And what about breasts are so secret? I would LOVE to be able to go topless in the summer without being arrested. Topless beaches are all over the rest of the world and no one seems to freak out about those....unless it's in Prudish America.

So people say, well it causes people to think sexually immoral thoughts but that's only because we've told kids that nakeness is taboo and so it does become something we want to see, and get turned on by. Kids know what's right; being naked. You try keeping the clothes on a toddler. The don't KNOW that it's bad to be naked in front of people.

Why should it be? I just don't get it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 06:57 am
Heeven wrote:

I have to put up with men scratching and adjusting their balls in front of me, while they are speaking to me (yes they do it here at work all the time) and I should get embarrassed about my nips showing?

You shouldn't. They are just nipples and it isn't like you are tossing them in everyones face saying LOOK AT ME!!

:wink:
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:07 am
Some people are offended by a woman discreetly breastfeeding her baby in public.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:11 am
Pah, that's even worse to be offended by. I don't get offended by seeing people eating in a restaurant (although I do get grossed out sometimes!) so why should I be offended by a baby eating?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:39 am
It's that time of year again...the women strolling around, little tank tops...nipples flowing.

Gotta be careful not to drive into a telephone pole.

But, uh...yes. I'm VERY offended by nipples. That's why I cut them off of sleeping lovers and make necklaces out of them.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:44 am
bella-in austin, texas, where a man can legally go topless, so can a woman. gotta love it!

heeven, i am so sorry! the only thing that has worked for me is the victoria's secret miracle bra (and i am well endowed as well-i order off the website because they don't carry my size in the stores). that thing is like a helmet! if you have tried it and it hasn't work, wow you have some powerful ladies.

i have to agree, as i said before, it is a natural occurance - just like breastfeeding. why is it so taboo? i was in our pool just last weekend with my husband and the water was a little chilly, the first thing he said to me was--hey nipples. i guess for men (and maybe some of them can give me insight) it is signifying that we may be turned on since it also happens then. and since they are so driven by sex (by nature) they get a little excited when our nipples are up.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:57 am
dragon49 wrote:
bella-in austin, texas, where a man can legally go topless, so can a woman. gotta love it!

heeven, i am so sorry! the only thing that has worked for me is the victoria's secret miracle bra (and i am well endowed as well-i order off the website because they don't carry my size in the stores). that thing is like a helmet! if you have tried it and it hasn't work, wow you have some powerful ladies.

i have to agree, as i said before, it is a natural occurance - just like breastfeeding. why is it so taboo? i was in our pool just last weekend with my husband and the water was a little chilly, the first thing he said to me was--hey nipples. i guess for men (and maybe some of them can give me insight) it is signifying that we may be turned on since it also happens then. and since they are so driven by sex (by nature) they get a little excited when our nipples are up.

But I don't think that in other countries nipples are so sexual all the time. I mean, they can be but so can chocolate and we don't orgasm or get wet every time we see a candy bar. It's all about conditioning.

So, help me out here, anyone from a country other than US...
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:59 am
If nipples are so dangerous, what about cleavage?
0 Replies