Bernie Sanders 2020

Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 01:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
My take is WFP can see that Sanders doesn't have a good chance of winning and knows it's time to put their strength into Warren's candidacy.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 08:30 am
@Sturgis,
My take is that they and media are stacking up against Sanders because they saw how they have the power to make Trump president. Now they figure they can shape the course of both parties with the exaggerated attention to Warren.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 10:47 am
@edgarblythe,
It's interesting to see how partisans on both sides of the political debate tend often to see "the media" as a hostile force. Both are of course referring to different segments of a highly polarized and media establishment that has, on both sides abandoned any effort to achieve objectivity on issues or even merely the pretense of such objectivity.

I believe the chief concerns now of Democrat strategists involve the likely accurate perception (or at least fear) that the extreme left wing agenda of the new left in the party will doom them to defeat in the coming election. In the case of Bernie, his performance in the 2016 primary was a pretty good measure of the upper limits of his support in the party, while in the case of Warren, they can at least hope for more. There is little difference between the expressed views of these two, and that as a new face it appears they are comforted by the view that Warren my do better. I believe that is an illusion.
JTT

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 10:51 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
that has, on both sides abandoned any effort to achieve objectivity on issues or even merely the pretense of such objectivity.

The entire history of the usa, georgeob1. Just one gigantic fraud, one huge propaganda made nation.

Quote:
There is no such a thing in America as an independent press, unless it is out in country towns. You are all slaves. You know it, and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to express an honest opinion. If you expressed it, you would know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid $150 for keeping honest opinions out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for doing similar things. If I should allow honest opinions to be printed in one issue of my paper, I would be like Othello before twenty-four hours: my occupation would be gone. The man who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the street hunting for another job. The business of a New York journalist is to distort the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to villify, to fawn at the feet of Mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread, or for what is about the same — his salary. You know this, and I know it; and what foolery to be toasting an "Independent Press"! We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are jumping-jacks. They pull the string and we dance. Our time, our talents, our lives, our possibilities, are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. --- John Swinton 1883

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 10:55 am
Warren would be a replay of 2016. The only thing holding Sanders back is the establishment negative personal attacks against him and refusal to cover his activities, except as they can put on a negative spin. If Sanders were honestly portrayed by the establishment press and Democtats he would have won by a landslide last time and would be a threat to do so this time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 11:11 am
B Studebaker
@BMStudebaker
·

My parents--who are not very online and get most of their news from traditional media like the Chicago Tribune, WGN, and NPR--cannot understand why
@BernieSanders
isn't more aggressively differentiating himself from Elizabeth Warren. They say no one knows the difference.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 12:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

B Studebaker
@BMStudebaker
·

My parents--who are not very online and get most of their news from traditional media like the Chicago Tribune, WGN, and NPR--cannot understand why
@BernieSanders
isn't more aggressively differentiating himself from Elizabeth Warren. They say no one knows the difference.

If he wants to win he will have to because, for whatever reasons, most Americans (including Democrats) see them as having the same policies, and the main difference is appearance and gender.

I will never vote for either of them but I prefer Sanders in terms of honesty.

Warren, last night, transparently dodged Steve Colbert's question on whether or not she would raise taxes for the Middle-class, which means, of course, that her healthcare plan requires just that.

I think they may have entered into a non-aggression pact which is fine if they are essentially the same candidate; different gender, but if Bernie really wants to win he is, eventually, going to have to take her on in some way.

JTT

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 04:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
but if Bernie really wants to win he is, eventually, going to have to take her on in some way.

They only have to face the 11,000 lies guy, Finn. Is he your chosen guy?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 08:19 pm
Bernie Sanders hits 1 million donors
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/19/bernie-sanders-1-million-donors-1504970
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 08:30 pm
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 12:43 pm
Nothing here but the usual Bernie is my God and I worship him. You should go down on your knees and do the same because I say so. I can't post his attributes because everyone knows a God is perfect. I have stated a Bernieites belief. I think he is a descent politician and will vote for him if he is the democrat candidate. Its too bad Bernie has the anchor of the Bernieites holding him down.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 12:44 pm
@RABEL222,
So eff off if it annoys you.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 07:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
What did Bernie and his acolytes do in the last election but help elect Trump president. The so called support Bernie gave Hillary was so halfhearted it gave his supporters a reason to either vote Trump or stay home.
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 07:54 pm
@RABEL222,
Bernie Sanders worked much harder for Hillary Clinton than she did, liar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 12:43 pm
Dr. Turbo God, Esq.
@CaptMurica
·
2h
Never forget that those corrupted by power will never willingly give up that power, it has to be taken from them. We HAVE to take power away from Nancy Pelosi and other Do Nothing Democrats
Sturgis

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 12:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Wouldn't that statement also be applicable to Senator Sanders? He's been wandering the halls of government for a few decades himself.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 01:04 pm
@Sturgis,
He's the antidote.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 11:10 pm
Bernie Sanders
2 days ago
This is astonishing. 1 million donors have given to our campaign, faster than any in history. We've now received more than 2.5 million contributions. We are the only campaign with more support than Trump. We will defeat him and build a country that works for all of us. Thank you for being a part of this movement!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2019 07:31 am

beth, so tired
@bourgeoisalien
imagine a world where we actually viewed candidates on their merits, not by a bunch of candy ass celebrities claiming they were abused by 'bernie bros' and corporate media then reporting the same exact mush-brained cat **** narrative. it's exhausting
engineer

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2019 08:14 am
@edgarblythe,
Sanders on the merits is not as strong as Sanders as a celebrity (which he clearly is). On the merits, Biden and Warren look better and in 2016, Sanders wouldn't have even merited consideration vs Clinton.