Bernie Sanders 2020

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 02:30 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
the mother and father realize that they can't adequately fulfill their parental obligations.

Do you really believe that is the motivation behind most abortions?

Every couple can adequately fulfill their parental obligations if they have love in their hearts and are selfless. A great many very poor parents have done so and will do so in the future.

Are you a parent?
hightor

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 03:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Do you really believe that is the motivation behind most abortions?

Does it have to be "most"? If it's the motivation behind any it's a perfectly good reason.

I'd like to see fewer abortions and fewer unwanted pregnancies. Contraception is the most practical method but as you know, there are people in this country, powerful people, who have done all they can to derail sex and health education and hinder the use of contraception — in part, that explains some of the demand for abortion. Obviously there are many other reasons but better access to birth control is probably the best way to diminish the demand for abortion.

We've presented our arguments. We think very differently about this question as we do about many other topics. I don't think I have much more to say on the topic.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 03:47 pm
@hightor,
I to would like to see abortion reduced to its bare minimum. And I also agree that sex education would be the best method. But conservative's think that the religious idea that all sex is wrong unless you are making a baby is right. Another way the brain dead religious are screwing all of us.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 03:55 pm
@RABEL222,
And I'd like to see men's balls chopped off if abortion is legislated.

Well, not actually "see" it, but let's legislate fairly, k?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 04:13 pm
@hightor,
Whenever a pro-abortionist says they would like to see less abortions they are admitting that abortion is noxious.

Are you a parent? I've asked this question several times and each time you have ignored it.

It's meaningful.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 04:15 pm
@RABEL222,
An idiotic response...so typical
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 04:18 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

And I'd like to see men's balls chopped off if abortion is legislated.

Well, not actually "see" it, but let's legislate fairly, k?

What a ridiculously emotional response.

Yes, men have a very serious part to play in this issue, but ultimately they are not able to make the choice.

If they pressure women to have abortions I castigate them.

It's not about who should be punished, but who should be saved
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 04:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Of course it's emotional.

When it's YOUR body, it matters. SO leave mine alone and you get to keep your balls.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 05:09 pm
Everybody is for freedom until they are not. Let women handle their body without interference.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 06:29 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I to would like to see abortion reduced to its bare minimum. And I also agree that sex education would be the best method. But conservative's think that the religious idea that all sex is wrong unless you are making a baby is right. Another way the brain dead religious are screwing all of us.

Ah, but just how would you like to to see abortion reduced to its bare minimum?

Don't know who told you that conservatives all think sex is wrong unless you are making a baby, but I can assure you that you are wrong. Unless you have a very special definition of 'conservative', that is.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 07:06 pm
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 02:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Whenever a pro-abortionist says they would like to see less abortions they are admitting that abortion is noxious.

I don't think abortion is "noxious". Not at all. I think it's avoidable. It's costly, it's invasive, and as with any invasive medical procedure there's an element of risk. It's hardly my first choice as a method of birth control.
Quote:
I've asked this question several times and each time you have ignored it.

As a rule I don't divulge personal or family information on message boards nor do I allow myself to be subjected to hostile interrogation. It's possible that I've volunteered the information you've requested, however, and if you look through my post history you may find your answer.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 03:30 am
@hightor,
Men talking of abortion are like legless cripples discussing football.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:51 am
@neptuneblue,
This is an absurdly emotional response.

You don't get to do anything you want with YOUR body:

You can't destroy it

You can't use it to destroy other people's bodies

Now you may feel you should be able to destroy your own body, but most societies disagree, but putting that aside, no society will accept that you can use your body to harm others.

You, obviously, think an unborn child is not a human which is very sad and selfish.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:55 am
@hightor,
I'm sorry, but I don't buy your answer to why you want fewer abortions. It's a clever one, but you're a clever man.

As for your answering my question on whether you are a parent, that's fine but I fail to see how admitting you are or are not compromises your privacy.

I didn't ask you to name them and where they currently live.
hightor

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 11:13 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I don't buy your answer to why you want fewer abortions.

Gee, Finn, since when did you become so skeptical???

If there are fewer abortions because people are using contraceptives properly, abstaining from unprotected sexual activity, or basically just behaving more responsibly then that is a good thing.

If there are fewer abortions because clinics are shut down, because Planned Parenthood is being badmouthed and defunded, or because people fear the opprobrium which surrounds the procedure in many communities then that is not such a good thing.

If mothers are compelled to bring their unwanted children into the world because the last chance option of abortion has been taken from them then that is a bad thing.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 11:22 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
When it's YOUR body, it matters. SO leave mine alone and you get to keep your balls.

Based on this, I should be able to sell one of my kidneys to a rich person for $1 million. It's my kidney and my body, I should be allowed to do with it as I please.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 12:12 pm
@hightor,
So it's a matter of efficiency? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 01:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
As is your idiotic response. So typical of someone who believes that insulting responses are the correct ones.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 02:37 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Based on this, I should be able to sell one of my kidneys to a rich person for $1 million. It's my kidney and my body, I should be allowed to do with it as I please.

Seriously?

You've not heard of organ donation? Surrogacy? Bionic limbs?