If Jesus is God, how is he called God's only begotten son?

bulmabriefs144

Wed 27 Oct, 2021 06:08 am
@Rose Marie,
Yes, Jesus is a man. That's the point.

Isaiah 7:14
Quote:
Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call Him Immanuel.

Matthew 1:23
Quote:
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, "God with us."

Luke 1:31
Quote:
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Emmanuel/Immanuel. God with us.

Jesus/Yeshua's real name is Emmanuel.

There is a term in Christian theology, numinous and immanent. Numinous means beyond things and describes what people typically thing of with God. Some being off in heaven doing mysterious things way beyond our comprehension. Thois is how the Muslims see Allah. But because they never have any hope of a personal relationship with God, this "God" doesn't actually fulfill their deepest needs. Which brings us immanent, not to be confused with imminent (nearby/happening soon) or eminent (famous). Immanent means indwelling/inherent. That is to say, the idea that God is not only some far off being but right nexr door to us. Reread Genesis. Now, count the number of times that God talks with people, wrestles with people, appears as a man, or enters our dreams. Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, all of these had very personal encounters with God. By the time of King David, people gof estranged from God, and there had to be prophets to speak on behalf of God. By the time of Jesus, people were self-righteous and simply followed laws, thinking that it pleased God.

Yes, Jesus was a man, and purely a man not some sort of half-breed like the Nephilim. But he was also Emmanuel, born to show us how God is with us. This is why he is part of the Trinity.
0 Replies

theMadOne

Mon 15 Nov, 2021 07:51 am
@AliceInWonderland,
Churchoids read it "Jesus was with Jesus and Jesus was Jesus".
Blind Theology for 2,00o years!
0 Replies

theMadOne

Mon 15 Nov, 2021 07:52 am
@real life,
He NEVER claimed to be God- that's what the Clergy say!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 16 Nov, 2021 07:49 pm
The Nicene Creed:

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of His Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made; who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate. He suffered and was buried. And the third day He rose again according to the Scriptures and ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father. And He will come again with glory to judge both the living and the dead, whose kingdom will have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, who spoke by the prophets. And I believe in one holy Christian and apostolic Church, I acknowledge one Baptism for the remission of sins, and I look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
theMadOne

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 09:04 am
@bobsal u1553115,
People believe ANYTHING. REAGARDLESS of the Facts.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 10:16 am
@theMadOne,
What are your "facts"?
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 10:23 am
@theMadOne,
theMadOne wrote:

People believe ANYTHING. REAGARDLESS of the Facts.

HOW VERY TRUE.

SO...WHAT ARE YOUR FACTS.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 10:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Looks like he's fact off.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 11:29 am
@Frank Apisa,
Someone asked first.

So shouldn't you answer first?

If not, I'll answer. These "facts" of yours are opinions, and you're delusional.
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 01:12 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Someone asked first.

What?????

Quote:
So shouldn't you answer first?

I have no idea of what you are talking about.

Quote:

If not, I'll answer. These "facts" of yours are opinions, and you're delusional.

Yeah, my opinions are just my opinions. I don't try to bullshit anyone into thinking they are anything more.

You ought to try that sometime.

bulmabriefs144

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 01:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
But you do.

You tell me that I cannot know about own truth for religion.

See that's the thing. I can know about my own life, about my own experiences.
They may not be true for you. But they are true for me.
theMadOne

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 02:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Based on the Bible, if you believe it...
bobsal u1553115

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 04:03 pm
@theMadOne,
As opposed to pulling it out of one's butt?

I'll take the Bible, thank-you, along with the testimony of the Holy Spirit as G*D promises if you accept Christ.

theMadOne

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 04:15 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You showed it's source..
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 05:25 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

But you do.

But I do...WHAT????

Quote:
You tell me that I cannot know about own truth for religion.

I do not even know what in hell you are trying (unsuccessfully) to say there...so I probably am not doing it...whatever it is.

Quote:
See that's the thing. I can know about my own life, about my own experiences.
They may not be true for you. But they are true for me.

Of course you can know about your own life. When have I said that you do not?

You are a very confused young person.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 09:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
But you do. Try to keep up here.

Yes you are. You demand that you know whether or not I can be certain of something. But you can only be certain that you do not know.

You have frequently told me that I cannot know about my own life. Telling me that I'm blind guessing. I know my past, I know how it adds up to what I believe now. You are blind guessing, and trying to project your blind guessing on to me to make it seem like I'm blind guessing but you're blind guessing about me blind guessing about your blind guesses. But I know about your blind guesses, and I know what I know and what I don't know. And what I know is that for me, God very clearly does exist. That may not seem true for you. But that's none of my business. I'm not gonna go all Touched By An Angel on you and try to convince you that God loves you.
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30800000/Touched-By-An-Angel-touched-by-an-angel-30870591-1024-768.jpg
But neither do I accept your assessment of my beliefs.

They belong to me, so what you're attempting to do is theft. You can't have my beliefs.

Frank Apisa

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 09:28 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

But you do. Try to keep up here.

Try to write coherently.

"But I do"...WHAT????

Quote:
Yes you are.

"Yes I am"....WHAT????

Jesus H. Christ. Are you totally unable to ever write a coherent sentence?

Quote:
You demand that you know whether or not I can be certain of something. But you can only be certain that you do not know.

Don't try being a philosopher. You do not have the qualities necessary.

When you assert "There is a god"...all you are asserting is a blind guess about the REALITY.

Quote:
You have frequently told me that I cannot know about my own life.

I have NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER told you that.

You have to stop making **** up...and then arguing against it.

Quote:
Telling me that I'm blind guessing.

Yes...if you assert there is a god...you are blindly guessing.

Quote:
I know my past, I know how it adds up to what I believe now.

Who gives a rat's ass what you "believe?"

If you "believe" there is a god...your "belief" IS NOTHING BUT A BLIND GUESS.

Quote:
You are blind guessing, and trying to project your blind guessing on to me to make it seem like I'm blind guessing but you're blind guessing about me blind guessing about your blind guesses. But I know about your blind guesses, and I know what I know and what I don't know. And what I know is that for me, God very clearly does exist. That may not seem true for you. But that's none of my business. I'm not gonna go all Touched By An Angel on you and try to convince you that God loves you.

Seek help. You need it.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30800000/Touched-By-An-Angel-touched-by-an-angel-30870591-1024-768.jpg

There! Fixed it again. Got rid of that slide bar you insist on having, just because you are too childish (or stupid) to learn how to resize a picture.

Quote:
But neither do I accept your assessment of my beliefs.

I do not give a **** about your "beliefs." They are merely blind guesses.

I have acknowledged that your blind guesses MAY BE CORRECT.

Of course, they may be totally wrong.

Quote:
They belong to me, so what you're attempting to do is theft. You can't have my beliefs.

I make my own blind guesses when I want. Anyone who would steal one of yours is an idiot.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 18 Nov, 2021 04:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
But you do.

Yes I am.

You need to be able to read my mind here. Or maybe read your previous posts and figure it out. Don't blame me for your inability to piece together responses.

Quote:
Anyone who would steal one of yours is an idiot.

Should I...? Nah it's too much like beating up defenseless children.
0 Replies

theMadOne

Fri 19 Nov, 2021 07:01 am
Jesus is God's son.
Not God.
Simple, simple facts-m until theology gets a hold on this!
Frank Apisa

Fri 19 Nov, 2021 08:07 am
@theMadOne,
theMadOne wrote:

Jesus is God's son.
Not God.
Simple, simple facts-m until theology gets a hold on this!

Another interesting blind guess, TMO.

"Facts" normally do not involve blind guesses.