Older men and younger women.

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:00 pm
It is not working out. I am just going to have to grow up "again."

Nobody gets to have everything. Especially everything at one time. It is impossible to know what goes on inside of a women's head but as far as I am concerned a woman in her forties should be looking for another husband. Unless she is the one I am looking for who is satisfied growing old with a man that is the better part of a generation ahead of her on every matter conceivable. Particularly in life experience. A woman that is professionally, economically independent enough to take it or leave it and be gone in the morning if she felt like it with no worry about what will become of herself. Not many women like that. I have not found the divorced fortyish or more woman like that.

To make matters worse I begin to feel guilty that I am enjoying sin too much by preventing her to find that younger man to possibly have another child with. I don't like children. At least I don't want them to be around me. Nearly all the desirable women have children or even worse, large friendly families that like to: "get together" often! Rolling Eyes

You know, George Allen the famous football coach of the once famous Los Angeles Rams said: "The Future is Now!" I have been thinking about that little phrase quite often lately. All I miss from life is a woman to sleep with each and every night and make love to. But the downside is that I am not so sure the rest of my life would be safe if that happened again. I have become so fond of my independence I sometimes take it for granted. The worse thing would be not to be able to spend freely. That would almost certainly come to a halt because it just would. Also it is always easier to get into something than it is to get out of it.

During the last couple of adventures I found myself really not enjoying myself. The last time I was actually embarrassed. My friend and his wife joined us and I could tell they thought I was nuts. My date was 42. The night didn't go well and I am not going to ask her out again. She is a very nice person with a daughter 16.

I felt a lot better about myself before I embarked on this nutty search for that special divorced, fortyish woman years ago. You know how you feel when you stop watching network news for a week? That is what it feels like, mind freed of doubtful clutter, peace within myself. That is how I feel now.

And no, I am not going to see woman age appropriate for God's sakes. What is the point of encouraging awful hours?

If the womanly woman of forty or so and divorced pops up, that special one, looking for me well I'm here. Meanwhile I have other things to do.

Could YOU be her Babbling Brooke? :wink:
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:32 pm
Jack Webbs wrote:

Could YOU be her Babbling Brooke? :wink:

When I'm 40 - I'll let you know. :wink:
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 03:30 pm
Yes I am beginning to feel much better about myself now that I am shedding my crave for the fortyish divorcees.

When you come right down to it I have had? Well I have had a weakness for women all my life. For years when people I knew got divorced I would sooner or later convince myself that the woman had been victimized and even though I may have known the guy for a long time? Well, there just had to be something wrong with him. His fault. And of course the judge and lawyers would bear my intelligence out since economically the woman always does better than the guy in a divorce. Proof.

Now I am not so certain about this. Yesterday I bought a brand new weeding tool and a brand new pair of work gloves at the hardware store. There I was on my hands an knees in my front yard testing out my new weeding tool and gloves as older retired guys tend to do when all of a sudden I heard the angry, loud voice of a woman coming down the street. No idea who it was or which house it was coming from but it was awful. I am sure other people in the neighborhood heard it too.

I looked up at Thelma, two drieways up sweeping away with her broom. We just looked at each other, smiled and nodded our heads aknowledging the foolish woman that was doing the shouting. People like me and Thelma would never do something like that in a millioin years. Why? Because we are good people that's why.

As I weeded I began to feel more and more pleased with myself. The shouting woman continued and finally I felt so pleased with myself listening to her I smiled, shook my head and said to myself: "Ah, I'm just so glad I am so intelligent I would never in a million years lower myself to be like that!"

I walked into my cool little house, poured myself a cold beer from the fridge, walked back outside and sat on my nice yard bench. The woman was still yelling. I shook my head . . . .oh what a foolish foolish woman. I'm glad she's not my woman. God I am so pleased with myself. And here it is only the month of May.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 07:41 pm
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 08:32 pm
Your prose is fair extra medium. Likewise is your gigilo potential if a 10th of what you posted is true.

I have looked in my eye via the mirror and it is sour grapes all the way. At 68 beautiful, fortyish divorcees are just out of my reach. If I were desperate enough I would pay but it is cheaper to just put my aspirations for this lovely group behind me and brace for the leather and bristle crowd. God knows there are an abundance of them here! No old man that wants one is without one!

I won't have any problem enduring the snickers. They can enjoy them the first few times they see me with my AUNT! They will soon find something else to laugh at. I don't care!

I'll have the hawk on my wing at dinner, theatre, dance. I'll get used to not groping and playing footsie. I'll just have to find out for myself. I will automatically refrain and let them make the first move. If they are able!

I don't feel too bad about it after all it was rather foolish. Not normal. After the episode that I heard yesterday while weeding I just sort of saw the handwriting on the wall. I consider it an epiphany. Another one.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 09:10 pm
never mind...
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 10:51 am
I was referred to this thread from another one in which I participate.

I just finished reading page one.

I have to ask the author whether he thinks he is handsome.

Have women ever called you handsome?

Are you well groomed? Well dressed? Women like neat, sharp-looking men.

Are you intellectual? Women like bright men.

Are you an easy conversationalist? Women do not like to carry the conversation all of the time.

I think you have an inflated opinion of yourself.

I am younger than you are by eight years. I will not date a woman under 50.

Are you such a prize at 68?

Tune into an internet dating service like Match.com. Ask to look at profiles for women between 58 and 68, or, between 63 and 73. I think you will be surprised by their grooming and looks.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 11:30 am
Mr. Webbs, for you are quite vapid and self-absorbed.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 11:41 am
Eeesh. I agree with Cliff.

Hey, and to the 25 yr. old chic dating the 45 yr. old guy-- Fantasy? Who the bleep knows. But one thing is for sure, your description of him as "hot" and makes good money doesn't work in your favor for this "geezer" taking you seriously as a "woman".
0 Replies

JLLLLLL

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:38 pm
OLDER MEN YOUNGER WOMEN
ITS THOSE SELF RIGHTOUS HIPPERCRITS THAT CAUSE ALL THE HUEY ABOUT THE AGE THING AND THEY BRAIN WASH THE OTHERS INTO THINKING LIKE THEY DO AND FOOLS FALL FOR IT JUST LIKE BLACKS AND WHITES CRIPPLED AND BLIND WITH NORMAL PEOPLE HSIPANICS AND WHITES AND BLACKS IT SHOULDNT MATTER UNLESS ITS ILLLEAGLE OR INCEST OR ANIMALS ITS THOSE PEOPLE WHOM MAKE THINGS BAD LOVE IS LOVE ITS DOSENT MATTER THE AGE AS LONG AS CONSENT FOR LEAGLE AGE IT ALL STARTED WITH THE CHURCH YES HIPPOCRITES AND PEOPLE WHO ARE JEALOUS AND ENVIOUS OF OTHERS.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:45 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/wondering.gif

Oh boy. Confused
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:51 pm
JLLLLL, H. L. Mencken stated it much more economically, and i suspect he didn't feel the need to shout:

Puritanism: the haunting fear that someone somewhere is happy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:57 am
holy hell...

i got to plage 3 of this thread....

realized

i should'a read more...before posting

( deleted post )
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 08:30 am
Perhaps you should have read everything shewolf Wink
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 08:44 am
Embarrassed
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:06 am
I am on a really crappy computer , but I made it go through this entire thread ( took me 12 minutes!)

you were right CJ... ;-)
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 01:39 pm
Yes I have matured quite a bit during the past fortnight, I am ready to date "age appropriate" again.

I had been caught up in the "Lipitor Mode" with that blond who stumbles but gets up smiling. That was the only type for me. The fortyish girl.

What I have developed is a tailor made concept of "The Whole Woman" where I need to be happy with her 24 hours a day regardless of what we may be doing together at the time. I have decided that many relationships fail because MEN think below their waists, men having lesser intelligence than women.

I am working on what I have dubbed "The Little Bookish Butterfly of 50 or 60" concept. I have decided on particulars within self established parameters the "Butterfly" must meet otherwise? No go.

Shy, introverted. Divorced for at least 5 years. Not preoccupied with family or children that would interfere with our pleasures of the day. Teacher, lawyer, policewoman working or retired. Bachelor's degree, minimum.

Non-Hillbilly, Non-Camper, Non-Horsey or Doggie woman. Non-Surfing or Sailing woman. And of course she must match appropriate height and weight charts of my own design.

Healthy, good teeth. In my book physical fitness equals freedom from disease.

And of course I would like her to be a little bit snobby, prickly at appropriate times. You know what I mean?

So far so good. I don't know why I fooled around with the younger women anyway. The other dayI was downtown waiting for the light to change so I could cross the street and this guy about my age with a young woman on his wing halted abreast of me.

I suspected they were lovers but I couldn't resist. "Are you and your daughter enjoying the day?" They both smiled and he said "She's not my daughter she's my girlfriend." Smile

The light changed and they moved ahead. I thought to myself: Just look at that damn old guy, what a foolish man he is being with a woman so much younger.

And you know something? I suddenly felt very good about myself realizing I had been a damn fool myself once but through self examination I was able to once again become a rational thinker where my relationships with women are concerned.

Once again a happy man, acting my age. Smile
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 02:42 pm
Ah - All's well that ends well Jack. Don't know if you'll remember me, but I've been following along - though I don't recall you ever regaling us with any anecdotes from your trans-continental tour - how did it go? Hope it went well. Anyway, glad you have been able to find peace and happiness and have readjusted your goals. It's important to keep them attainable.
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:35 pm
Ah, the transcontinental tour. Some days I think it is a good idea other days not so good. This is the way it will go until September. I may have a traveling Butterfly by then. The one I am cozy with now is from Pennsylvania but of course she still works. Who knows, by September this Butterfly may have enough to hold over my head that she may decide I should stay home. Shocked
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 12:24 pm
Jack Webbs wrote:
Yes I have matured quite a bit during the past fortnight, I am ready to date "age appropriate" again.

I had been caught up in the "Lipitor Mode" with that blond who stumbles but gets up smiling. That was the only type for me. The fortyish girl.

So far so good. I don't know why I fooled around with the younger women anyway. The other dayI was downtown waiting for the light to change so I could cross the street and this guy about my age with a young woman on his wing halted abreast of me.

I suspected they were lovers but I couldn't resist. "Are you and your daughter enjoying the day?" They both smiled and he said "She's not my daughter she's my girlfriend." Smile

The light changed and they moved ahead. I thought to myself: Just look at that damn old guy, what a foolish man he is being with a woman so much younger.

And you know something? I suddenly felt very good about myself realizing I had been a damn fool myself once but through self examination I was able to once again become a rational thinker where my relationships with women are concerned.

Once again a happy man, acting my age. Smile

This sounds like someone else completely. Did you stick your finger in a socket?
0 Replies