Are you happy to know you will die?

maxdog

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2019 11:39 pm
@Sturgis,
I said that how you die is the problem not to die .

Die is pain in the ass relieved .
Sturgis

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2019 11:48 pm
@maxdog,
Until death arrives, there's no way to know if there is relief or not or pain or not....

How a person dies might not be a problem. It might be a peaceful transition for some.

(Or not)

More than a decade ago when I was lingering near death, the manner in which the end might happen, was not a concern for me. Neither was the idea that my final moment could occur at any moment.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 01:57 am
@maxdog,
with 2 aspirin????? Are you feeling a little woozy?
maxdog

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 05:27 am
@Sturgis,
How you die do matter because 90% will be long and painful unless they come from behind you and shoot you with a magnum from the back of your head for example.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 05:29 am
@glitterbag,
So what you mean by that ?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 08:08 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
the problem is not that you die but how.

I see your point that an unpleasant death is undesirable.

But I disagree that death itself is not a problem. In the absence of reliable evidence of a pleasant afterlife, I'd much prefer to avoid death entirely and continue to enjoy life on earth.
hightor

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 08:29 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
(...)I'd much prefer to avoid death entirely and continue to enjoy life on earth.

It may not be all that "enjoyable":

‘Bleak’ U.N. Report on a Planet in Peril Looms Over New Climate Talks
oralloy

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 08:39 am
@hightor,
I don't do hysteria. If they can make a case that there is a problem, then they should make that case without using biased and unreliable data.

And if there is a problem, then they should start building more nuclear reactors to supply whatever electricity needs we have that cannot be met via renewables and conservation. And China and India need to help along with the rest of the world instead of being given a free pass.
hightor

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 08:55 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
...then they should make that case without using biased and unreliable data.

They have. That's why their conclusions are continually being validated. If anything their predictions were too conservative.
oralloy

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 09:11 am
@hightor,
I've seen no evidence that they aren't still suppressing data that is inconvenient to the leftist narrative.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 09:26 am
@hightor,
Okay, produce the 100% consensus among scientists that manmade global warming is going to kill us.
hightor

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 09:50 am
@Glennn,
The article which mentions "100% consensus" is on another thread, not this one.

I thought you were smart enough to discern the difference between one who's quoting someone else's claims and making those claims oneself. Evidently the distinction is too challenging for you to comprehend. When you figure it out, take it up with Dr. James Powell.
Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 10:50 am
@hightor,
Quote:
The article which mentions "100% consensus" is on another thread, not this one.

Let me translate that: I could not answer Glennn's request for any information that would show how that 100% consensus was reached.

You brought up the subject here, so now have to show something as to how this 100% consensus came into being. In the meantime, here is something on the last gloom and doom 97% consensus, and how it was kind of fraudulent according to the scientists whose Papers were used.

97% Study Falsely Classifies Scientists' Papers, according to the scientists that published them

The paper, Cook et al. (2013) 'Quantifying the consensus on anthropogenic global warming in the scientific literature' searched the Web of Science for the phrases "global warming" and "global climate change" then categorizing these results to their alleged level of endorsement of AGW. These results were then used to allege a 97% consensus on human-caused global warming.

To get to the truth, I emailed a sample of scientists whose papers were used in the study and asked them if the categorization by Cook et al. (2013) is an accurate representation of their paper. Their responses are eye opening and evidence that the Cook et al. (2013) team falsely classified scientists' papers as "endorsing AGW", apparently believing to know more about the papers than their authors.

For example:

Dr. Idso, your paper 'Ultra-enhanced spring branch growth in CO2-enriched trees: can it alter the phase of the atmosphere’s seasonal CO2 cycle?' is categorized by Cook et al. (2013) as; "Implicitly endorsing AGW without minimizing it".

Is this an accurate representation of your paper?

"That is not an accurate representation of my paper . . . It would be incorrect to claim that our paper was an endorsement of CO2-induced global warming."

Dr. Scafetta, your paper 'Phenomenological solar contribution to the 1900–2000 global surface warming' is categorized by Cook et al. (2013) as; "Explicitly endorses and quantifies AGW as 50+%"

"What my papers say is that the IPCC view is erroneous because about 40-70% of the global warming observed from 1900 to 2000 was induced by the sun."

Dr. Shaviv, your paper 'On climate response to changes in the cosmic ray flux and radiative budget' is categorized by Cook et al. (2013) as; "Explicitly endorses but does not quantify or minimise"

"Nope... it is not an accurate representation . . . "Science is not a democracy, even if the majority of scientists think one thing (and it translates to more papers saying so), they aren't necessarily correct. Moreover, as you can see from the above example, the analysis itself is faulty, namely, it doesn't even quantify correctly the number of scientists or the number of papers which endorse or diminish the importance of AGW."

Dr. Morner, your paper 'Estimating future sea level changes from past records' is categorized by Cook et al. (2013) as having; "No Position on AGW".

"Certainly not correct and certainly misleading. The paper is strongly against AGW, and documents its absence in the sea level observational facts. Also, it invalidates the mode of sea level handling by the IPCC."

Dr. Soon, your paper 'Polar Bear Population Forecasts: A Public-Policy Forecasting Audit' is categorized by Cook et al. (2013) as having; "No Position on AGW".

"I am sure that this rating of no position on AGW by CO2 is nowhere accurate nor correct. Rating our serious auditing paper from just a reading of the abstract or words contained in the title of the paper is surely a bad mistake. Specifically, anyone can easily read the statements in our paper as quoted below:

"For example, Soon et al. (2001) found that the current generation of GCMs is unable to meaningfully calculate the effects that additional atmospheric carbon dioxide has on the climate. This is because of the uncertainty about the past and present climate and ignorance about relevant weather and climate processes."

Here is at least one of our positions on AGW by CO2: the main tool climate scientists used to confirm or reject their CO2-AGW hypothesis is largely not validated and hence has a very limited role for any diagnosis or even predicting real-world regional impacts for any changes in atmospheric CO2.

I hope my scientific views and conclusions are clear to anyone that will spend time reading our papers. Cook et al. (2013) is not the study to read if you want to find out about what we say and conclude in our own scientific works.
"

I could go on . . .
hightor

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 11:18 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
I could go on . . .

Yeah, I'm sure you could. It's unnecessary though because it's all a big hoax. I'm just working on compiling as much of this biased data as possible and in ten years, or whenever the snowflakes think we'll all be dead, I'll read through them with a bunch of my skeptical friends and we'll regale ourselves reciting selected quotes about ecological doom.
maxdog

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 12:04 pm
@oralloy,
that s in your case , there are so many people not enjoying it , so many.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 12:05 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure you could.

Indeed I could! But I'm pretty sure that the examples I used are sufficient.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2019 11:25 pm
I can't say I'm happy, but I'm somewhat buoyed to know that everybody else is going to die as well. I just check the obit's every morning.
0 Replies