Who would you erase from human history?

NoNe

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 11:10 am
viva chiapas! wrote:
remembering what jean jaques rousseau said, i would have to say i would get rid of that "first man, who, having fenced off a piece of land, thought of saying "this is mine", and found people simple enough to believe him". whoever came up with the concept of ownership of land was a gosh dang fool.
are you a communist? Land to people? The problem with this idea is, peopel do not take a good care of the land which is not "theirs", Look at Post USSR countries, do not u find them as a good example of "land to the people?" Confused
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 04:37 pm
even the native americans, first nations here in Canada, are into staking out 'their' property. they were never into ownership before us whiteys arrived. that's what they say, but I think I remember a lot of intertribal wars because one tribe spotted another on their 'land'.....guess it also started when when people began agricultural and raising animals for food. I find fences make great neighbors. keeps their dogs off my plants and vice versa.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 04:48 pm
Even the native americans, (first nations here in Canada), are into staking out 'their' property. they were never into ownership before us whiteys arrived. that's what they say, but I think I remember a lot of intertribal wars because one tribe spotted another on their 'land'.....guess it also began when people started agricultural and raising animals for food.

I find fences make great neighbors. keeps their dogs off my plants and vice versa.

Also, I would bet that Mr. Rousseau did not live like a communist? Did he share his property? I do not know his early history, but most of these philosophers had rich daddy's, which gave these guys lots of time to postulate & on how mankind should live. Except they never had to work for a living...... Laughing
0 Replies

viva chiapas

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 04:26 am
*runs and hides*
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 11:58 am
Re: Who would you erase from human history?
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
If you could erase the actual existence of one person in human history to create a more peaceful world, whom would it be?

My choice would be Abraham. Then his two sons wouldn't have been born.

BBB

Exactly the same.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 10:18 pm
To put this in a simplistic way, not implying any of you are simple, If you remove one drug dealer from existance, another one will take his place. If you were to remove Abraham, there would be another chosen to do the same.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 10:20 pm
Never mind a personage. I'd vote for the bible never to have been written.
0 Replies

Milfmaster9

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 06:38 pm
well Adam and we will all not be here!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:17 pm
The fictional character named Adam in the comic book called the bible has no foundation on the existence of humans.
0 Replies

Milfmaster9

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:30 pm
well if u choose to or not... erasing god then?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:01 pm
God is a creation of man. Whether there is actually any god is unknown, but if there is, it's notihing like the man-created one. Without any evidence to prove otherwise, I'd guess on the side of no god(s).

Don't forget; there were many gods before the bible god. The stories in the bible can be traced back to earlier times and history based on cultural mythologies - many from Egypt.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:30 pm
Karl Marx
0 Replies

eliana09

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 04:59 am
Geeze, I'd have to say Ceausescu.. why ? cause I'm Romanian and if it wasn't for him we'd be a different country.. because he was plain stupid.. he had these idiotic plans.. he made the biggest buildings when people were allowed to have 10 eggs per month and a 3 pounds per month per family of meat.. him and his wife, Elena.. they made a building that is now the biggest Mall in the country.. it's in Bucharest.. and it staid vacant since he died till 2004.. and a library and a music palace that are empty and homeless people live in them..
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 09:13 am
eliana09
Eliana09, welcome to A2K. Hope you enjoy your exploration of our community.

How has Romania progressed in overcoming the conditions you described?

BBB
0 Replies

eliana09

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:29 am
Well I don't really know the difference, I was young when he was killed, but.. all I remember is that my mom, a doctor, had 2 pairs of shoes.. and a purse.. the shoes were the same color shape and price and the purse was a gift from a patient.. I remember that she never came home before 3 in the morning and that she worked her ass off, and so did my dad, just to keep those 10 eggs on the table..

I think that those 40 years marked the people a lot, and everybody thinks it's something easy to get over, but it really isn't.. I mean to say that you can't ask a person to get a life, a new job, when living in fear is all they've known, it's what they were born into something much worse then what the Jews suffered.. at least they died.. a short death.. these people lived all their lives like that and never got out, they died a slow and much painful death, like my grandparents..

The progress ? the progress is that now we can go on the bus without number of rides per month, that we can buy whatever clothes, food we want and can afford, that we can choose who we want to represent us, go to what school you want.. normal stuff that most people take for granted cause they were never at risk of loosing it.. I dunna what else to say.. it's hard to describe
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:35 am
Elaina
Elaina, thanks for reminding us that not all the world's people are as lucky as us to be born in the U.S.

BBB
0 Replies

eliana09

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:46 am
glad I achieved that.. cause it wasn't my goal.. but yeah, if I could leave, I'd still do it, even if communism has been "erased" or so they say, the marks are still imprinted in the back of everybody's mind and till the generation dies in all, communism will still be here
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 11:13 am
Re: Elaina
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Elaina, thanks for reminding us that not all the world's people are as lucky as us to be born in the U.S.

BBB

Laughing Razz Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 11:19 am
Ellinas
Ellinas wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
BBB

Laughing Razz Rolling Eyes

I know my comment sounded rather chauvinistic. I was trying to say that people living in the conditions described by Elaina understand how so many millions of people live.

I can think of many countries I would be comfortable living in. I'm very fond of the Scandinavian countries and their people. There are several others that I find inviting. Should Greece be on my list?

BBB
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 12:34 pm
Re: Ellinas
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Should Greece be on my list?

BBB

Well I don't know which are your criteria, but I would never go to live somewhere else Smile .
0 Replies