All you ever wanted to know about the fine art of flirting!

sozobe

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 08:53 pm
or is canine or insectoid...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 08:58 pm
But . . . splutter, flush . . .

I have never in my life flirted with an insect . . .

I shall say no more . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:28 pm
Setanta, it sure has been fun seeing you back around these parts!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:30 pm
Yes, it certainly has, k! Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:46 pm
Cheers, Ladies . . .

WatchyalldointhisnextSattidaynight?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:48 pm
You smooth talkin' devil, you! Razz
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 10:14 pm
HEY--it's Saturday! So where's set????

Dys is the cutest flirter ever, but he doesn't really know he's flirting. Guess that's what makes it sooooo cute.
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 03:09 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Too much talkin', guidedog. You put them to sleep.

Exactly, and then who needs rohypnol :wink:
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 10:44 am
I thought flirting was one of the primary needs. You know, like eating, sleeping drinking fluids, chocolate.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 10:59 am
The choice between chocolate and flirting is indeed one of the agonizing conundrum's of life . . .
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 11:09 am
Set, I agree. However, one can flirt audaciously while eating a chocolate covered stawberry. Not that I would ever do that. :wink: Until I became a woman, I never realized it was a primary food group. However, if I overindulge for too long a period of time, it tends to got waist. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 02:03 pm
I've not seen my waist since there were honest politicians in congress . . .
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 04:19 am
<sigh> I wish I could <even bigger sigh>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 04:46 am
the prince wrote:
<sigh> I wish I could <even bigger sigh>

Wish you could WHAT, Oh prince? See your waist?
Rumour has it that you're a lithe & trim chappy!
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 04:16 pm
Set, when were there honest politicians in congress? Even back in 1936, at the Democratic National Convention Will Rogers commented, "We have the best Congress money can buy."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:59 pm
He also said: "I am a member of no organized political party . . . I'm a Democrat."

It goes a lot further back than that. Samuel Clemens wrote: "Suppose I were a member of Congress; suppose I were an idiot--but then, i repeat myself."; as well as writing: "No man's life or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

Better yet, in the 1830's, Albert Sydney Johnston, one day to be lionized as the greatest Confederate soldier, and to be killed at Shiloh, wrote to his father-in-law in Louisville, Kentucky. Johnston had been to Washington, and had gone to the public galleries to watch Daniel Webster, Henry Clay and John Calhoun debate on the floor of the Senate. He wrote that he recommended the profession of politician to any man with a third or fourth son who was not of a serious disposition and for whom honest work could not be found.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:11 pm
Set, I remember that Johnston quote from my US Government class in College. The professor added aside, "Some families don't even wait for the third or fourth son." He was refering to the Kennedy's, but it could be applied to other present families now, I belive.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 10:12 pm
isn't it interesting how the topic of flirting suddenly became a topic of government and celebrities??
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 04:42 am
So it has, pragmatic! (I'd lost track of this thread for a bit)

So folks, have we now said everything there is to know about the fine art of flirting?
Does every person here who ever wanted to flirt, but lacked confidence in their technique, now feel they like an expert?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 08:57 am
actually, the opposite. when i was 18 - 19 i could flirt like a pro. then i got into a long relationship and it just doesn't happen so naturally anymore. perhaps thinking of consequences as one gets older stands in the way? like, do i *really* want this guy to become interested in me and then go into explaining how we'd not match? eh, not worth the trouble.
0 Replies