How long do I wait for him to leave his wife?

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 08:02 am
So Ive been with my (affair) for 6 months but we have known each other for 25 years. I was married but ended it as soon as this started as this was what I wanted from the start. He makes me a better person, the person I want to be, reminds me of who I lost over the last 12 years of marriage to the wrong person. the EX wasn't the best person, phone mad, on instergram and snapchat talking to so many women all the time. hiding texts, very unemotional towards me no love lostwhen i ended it. I couldn't compete with his other on line women nor did i want to. So I confronted him and ended it, we are friends as we have 4 kids.
My question is How long do I give him (affair) to leave his wife he says he wants to leave often texts and says bags packed. but then nothing happens.
Am I kidding myself ? He tells me he loves me, hasn't slept with his wife in 3 years, its loveless and he hates being there. He has a son, says he stays for him. so how long do I wait. Until he leaves school, starts college, buys his own home ??
will my life be full of empty promises ? Do I cut my loses ? OR Do I just carry on and wait ?
How long do people wait ?

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 08:20 am
@Twistedpixie,
Apparently his marriage isnt in as bad shape as yours was.

Move on with your life and date others.

He is using up your most valuable commodity: time.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 08:41 am
@Twistedpixie,
It depends on how good the sex is. If things are working as they are now... why change them. I wouldn't plan on any future with him though, after all he is a cheater.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 02:32 pm
@Twistedpixie,
Quote:
he says he wants to leave
There is absolutely nothing stopping him, so why doesn't he?

Quote:
often texts and says bags packed.
Really? And you believe him? What does his wife say when she sees his packed bags?

Quote:
but then nothing happens.
Of course it doesn't. Because he has no plans to leave his wife.

Quote:
hasn't slept with his wife in 3 years
You have no way of knowing this other than his word. And by definition he is a liar (unless he has told his wife about you.) So I wouldn't put much stock in anything he says about his current wife. Personally, I think it is simply designed to keep you jumping into bed with him.

Quote:
its loveless and he hates being there
Bullcrap. If he hated being there, then he would leave. Simple as that.

Quote:
He has a son, says he stays for him.
Again, that is bull. While his son may not be happy seeing his father leave, he would get over it as long as his dad stays in the picture and sees him regularly. This is just an excuse to keep you jumping into bed with him.

Quote:
so how long do I wait.
You don't. You stop screwing with another woman's husband. Tell him it is over until he leaves his wife. And mean it. If he knows it is over unless he leaves, but he chooses to stay with her, then you know you were being used. My bet is that he will let you go on your merry way and find some other willing woman to bed. After all, he is a cheater. It is what they do.
Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 04:34 pm
@CoastalRat,
I have nothing to add to Coastal Rat - other than

Quote:
Tell him it is over until he leaves his wife.

I wouldn't even say until he leaves his wife. I would suggest saying it is over. Unless you really are interested in a cheater. Likely if he left his wife for you - it would just be a matter of time before he cheated on you.
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 10:55 pm
he has no intention to leave his wife you are simply a free mistress that he is toying with until you walk away. then he will find another gullible person with low morals that entertains married people like you. walk away now with as many of his assets as possible. find a normal single man to settle down with
0 Replies

arealtruefeeling

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2019 04:31 pm
I've been this problem, but when I had it, I moved forward on getting the divorce and I was clearly not treating it like a passive thing. If a man is in that much pain and loneliness, he'll move and get the old live behind him. He isn't behaving like he has a sense of urgency about this. Mainly because, it's likely not so urgent to him.

So, both of you don't value your affair the same. You want this more than he does. It's clear in his actions/in-actions. Plus, you haven't thought about the aftermath, fall-out, and screwed up life this guy is going to have in the first 3 years following the divorce. Trust me, it's ugly and burdensome.

So, as was said above, time is your most valuable asset. Don't waste it on this guy. Get a guy who is available. Or if you want to have an affair, just go into it knowing what an affair is and that it's likely to remain that way and not transition to something you're dreaming about - because the guy (most all the time) is not.
0 Replies