American Idol

dragon49

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:30 am
i don't have any comments on whether or not i think its true because i really don't know either way. i do have a comment on corey clark who i think is an opportunistic jerk off that is just trying to make money off his experience with american idol. amazing that he is bringing these allegations but refuses to help american idol investigate them. i do find it hard to believe that she would even be attracted to him seeing as he looks like a swizzle stick with corn rows, but stranger things have happened. regardless of whether or not it is true, i still find him repulsive and just trying to make a quick buck.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 12:45 pm
burning question?
Zane wrote:
Thoughts, anyone, on the Paula Abdul-Corey Clark situation?

John Quinones is a correspondent for the ABC News newsmagazines. He has reported on the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping case, the plight of conjoined twins, and the search for the notorious Zodiac killer. Now he asks the burning question:

"Can this possibly be true?" Quinones asks with urgent indignation, "A naive and perpetually broke young man of no fixed address who didn’t own a car or even a cellphone <gasp>, and yet he says he ‘chills’ with a wealthy superstar in a Beverly Hills mansion?"

How does that qualify as a hard-hitting, journalistic question? Rolling Eyes

Corey Clark is an opportunistic scumbag. What's ABC's excuse for giving this LOSER an hour-long nationally televised platform? That's not difficult to figure out: Sour grapes. The producers of American Idol offered the show to ABC first. ABC rejected the offer. (Not very bright, but ABC executives aren't exactly known for their brilliant programming.) American Idol was then offered to the underdog FOX network, became one of the highest rated shows in history, and put FOX on equal footing with the big three (ABC, NBC, and CBS). Sour grapes. Network politics. (or "Paulatics," the name of the song being promoted by loser Corey Clark.)

As I stated on another thread: Boys who kiss -- or allegedly kiss -- and tell are LOSERS. The only thing that loser can expect in his future are about a million doors being slammed in his face. He has proven if anyone extends him a helping hand, he'll bite it, distort it, and then try to peddle it for money.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1319423#1319423

Paula, Simon, and Randy make American Idol the success that it is. If you remove any one of them from the equation, the show will no longer have the magic that enthralls millions. ABC's ridiculous attempt to bring down its competition has failed. ABC PrimeTime Live's "Fallen Idol" was a laughable piece of tabloid news. It had more holes in it than swiss cheese.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 12:58 pm
TV's laughable competing with Internet Blogs!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 02:05 pm
LW
I can find you some research about the marketing impact of blogs - it'll blow your mind.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 07:45 am
Corey Clark was interviewed by Donnie Someone last night. Motivation and common sense aside, Corey does have a certain brash/boyish charisma, beautiful eyes, and a lovely skin color.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 08:15 am
since he has come forward, he has been interviewed countless times, gotten all kinds of publicity, and probably sold a ton of his books. nothing draws the american public like sex, lies and videotapes (of course there are no video tapes here that we know of). what i couldn't handle after the first 15 minutes of some interview i stumbled upon was his inability to speak properly. not that any one is perfect, but he just sounded stupid, utterly stupid. i couldn't handle his broken english so i had to change the channel.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 09:53 am
I wouldn't want to read his book. (He wrote a book?)
But, purely aesthetics, visually pleasing.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 06:42 am
i missed it last night due a presentation i had to give to clients! can anyone recap for me????
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 11:35 am
I missed it too, was tired and fell asleep at an ungodly early hour.

Syn, why aren't you with a black man?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 12:02 pm
Zane, are you volunteering?
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 12:04 pm
Am I?
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 02:11 pm
For some reason I was going to mention Syn's recent "Marilyn Monroe Happy Birthday Mr. President" karaoke spin on a Billie Holiday song but I can't validate my train of thought..
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 03:17 pm
Anthony's voice and song choices were FABULOUS last night. He even picked the same song as Carrie for the second segment ("If you don't know me by now") and completely wiped his feet all over her. He's a young, talented sweetie. I like Anthony.

Vonzell's first performance really wasn't her best. I was wondering what was wrong because she wasn't batting it out of the ball park. During the judge's comments, she stated she had a bad day and began crying. BIG TEARS streaming down her cheeks. I don't know WHY she was crying, but I felt like crying with her. She has heart and soul. She emanates GOODNESS. Vonzell's second performance was outstanding!

Bo's first performance was boring. The band seemed to drown out his voice at times. His second performance was also outstanding. If Bo picks the right song, he's right on the money.

Carrie, the robotic/barbie/Stepford wife imitation, can sing--but does she have any heart and soul? Where are her brains? She told Ryan that losing the competition definitely wouldn't be the end of the world because she has a great life and career waiting for her regardless of whether she wins or loses. She seemed unappreciative of being in the final four as if she has already obtained everything she wants or needs from the competition. While winning would be nice, it's just not that important. OKAY. Carrie--don't be surprised if people don't dial their fingers bloody trying to keep you in the competition. Her second performance wasn't that great in comparison to Anthony's version of the same song. Again, Anthony blew her away.

Carrie should be the one to go.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 04:51 pm
Corey Clark's "Explicit" Evidence
Paula Abdul appeared on SNL and lampooned the idiot, Corey Clark.

In retaliation, loser Clark fires back that he is in possession of "explicit" and "incriminating" evidence that proves his claims about his Idol experience are accurate.

Hey . . . just a minute . . . if he was in possession of this explicit, incriminating evidence, WHY didn't he present that evidence during the ABC "Fallen Idol" special dedicated soley to that issue? You mean that he failed to present his best evidence when given the best possible opportunity to do so?

"The nature of said evidence is unclear, and according to attorney Richard B. Jefferson, Clark will not be elaborating on what, exactly, it might consist of." Source.

Okay. Whatever. Clark's refusal to come forward with his alleged best evidence probably means he doesn't have any additional evidence.

"It was quite funny, because, you know, we'd seen the trailers [for Fallen Idol] like everybody else, you know, 'shock, horror, you won't believe what's on the show'...and then it was quite obvious that this was actually just a huge plug for his appalling new album," Simon Cowell said.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 07:56 pm
Carrie mouthed "I love you" to Anthony at the end of tonight's show.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:01 pm
So which moron got kicked off tonight? Wasn't tonight the night they kick off the loser du jour? I hope it was that Anthony geek. Please, please, please...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:04 pm
Yep, Anthony is gone.

I'm very pleased with the final 3.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:05 pm
It was that nice boy Anthony.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:06 pm
Yes! Woohoo! Justice is done!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:46 pm
I haven't been watching to protest Constantine getting the boot before Anthony. Not sorry to see him go, wish it happened two weeks ago. I guess I'll rout for Bo now.
0 Replies