American Idol

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:27 pm
Benny Hill is on BBC America, a cable channel.
0 Replies

K-na

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 05:00 pm
I just joined this forum, so here's my take on this season; Carrie shouldn't have won. It should have been Nadia, Bo, Anthony (in that order). I'm certain that Bo is going to do the smart thing. The same thing Clay did. Stay with the AI machine for one single and then get a new deal. And Carrie, she'll either move to Nashvile or disapear like Fantasia. Either way, Clay will still be the best.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 09:59 am
I'm not sure Bo would be as successful saddled down with the title -- the solo CD is arriving any day now and I think we have another case of the loser selling more discs than the winner. It doesn't matter if anyone thinks Carrie shouldn't have won -- that's the way the voting went and I'm sure it was quite close (Seacrest did allude to the voting being extremely close). I think more of Nadia and Anthony's votes went to Carrie. Whether Nadia will get a recording deal is debatable -- she's wasn't as consistant and needs some voice and styling training that will lead her away from vocal affectations making her sound too much like several other African American singers.
0 Replies

K-na

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:18 pm
Nomater what happens, Bo will still be succesful, b/c he's just AWSOME! What's your opinion on Cons?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 07:54 pm
Bo was on live concert on The Today Show and he is a great performer only to get better in the future. Of course, I don't believe he really wanted to win American Idol and there were allusions to that effect. He's got the voice, the personality, the looks and the out-of-the-ordinary song styling that will endure. I don't know what will happen with Carrie -- I watch for the entertainment (I think the rejects are more entertaining than the winners sometimes). I'm more apt to put on the latest Diana Krall CD than make any effort to listen to any of the winners from the past three seasons. But they do get a "built in" audience to sell their wares, don't they?
dancingnancy

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 11:53 am
I think Bo will outsell Carrie - but you never know since they both have such different audiences. Did anybody check out Bo on the View today? He rocked out to that Vehicle song that's on his solo CD.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 11:58 am
He's certainly being invited to more guest appearances -- already on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and he did co-host, of all shows, The View today. Somethin's abrewin' and Carrie, the Idol producers and promoters have their work cut out. Bo's out there and he's kickin' ass.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 03:39 pm
Do you know where else he will be performing? Anymore Talk shows??.. I'd like to have a list so i can check him out..
0 Replies

K-na

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:15 pm
Does anyone have the new John Stevens CD? I got it last night. It Rocks!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:33 pm
arrested again
Battery Charge For Idol Contestant

Corey Clark has been arrested for battery.

Clark and a female record executive were having breakfast in a hotel room when they started arguing and ended up throwing food and dishes at each other. Both of them were found with scratches on their arms.

Clark was alleged to have assaulted his younger sister during an argument in 2002; and now he is alleged to have battered a female record executive.

He obviously needs to re-examine his conflict resolution techniques in order to avoid future arrests.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 08:56 pm
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:
I'm more apt to put on the latest Diana Krall CD

thinking about the Grand Vizier today. Listening to a terrific interview with Diana Krall. It only took a dozen years but I'm coming around to LW's great love of her work. She's not as icy as I always thought she was.

listen ... it's a great interview

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/friday-may-5-2017-margaret-atwood-diana-krall-and-more-1.4097017/diana-krall-gives-us-a-little-love-and-romance-in-these-times-of-chaos-1.4097037

or just watch this sweet little bit

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/935748675920/
0 Replies