American Idol

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:50 am
Interesting observations. I wonder if it's also that everyone loves an underdog -- his way of manipulating the votes?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:53 am
Could very well be. I wouldn't put it past him.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 01:30 pm
I'm going to have to be very strong minded and not read any more of this thread as we don't get to see American Idol till Friday.

Mind you, having said that, now that Nadia and Constantine have gone, I don't much care who wins ..... so long as it's not Scott. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 01:33 pm
I like Bo but he REALLY went flat at the end of his last song last night...and no one called him on it. Surprising.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 02:06 pm
i stick to supporting vonzell. she is likeable, a good performer and her voice is passionate. i thought bo was not so great last night.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 03:13 pm
Do you think Simon is reading the bulletin boards and reality news sites to get a feel for the American pulse? (Paula has acknowledged surfing the web to see what people are saying about her and the show.) I've read a couple of articles that describe Carrie as a "fembot" and lo and behold . . . Simon told Carrie that her performance was "robotic."
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 03:53 pm
Go Scott!!!

. all the way to jail Razz
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 11:55 pm
You made it to the top five, but it was time for you to go. Goodbye Scott.

My honey wants Carrie to win . . . and I'm in the anybody but Carrie to win camp.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 06:42 am
debra, i am with you, anyone but Carrie. while she does have a good voice, she just isn't a performer. she will get a contract from a country company anyway. I am torn now between vonzell and anthony. how could i not vote for some who sang an 80s love song about a month ago (anthony)? and i think vonzell has one of the best voices when she nails it. I think if either one of them wins, i will be happy. BTW i missed it last night, who else was in the bottom?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 06:57 am
In my opinion, Anthony is not very pleasant to listen to. I can't really understand how he's lasted as long as he has. Both Vonzell and Carrie have big voices, but I just like Vonzell's personality and stage presence, and I feel she's more creative than Carrie. I really hope she wins or at least gets a record deal with someone.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 11:21 am
Bo will win.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 02:50 pm
Debra_Law wrote:

My honey wants

there goes another fantesy! LOL Laughing

I have a few left Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 06:16 pm
hey i live in australia and the latest american idol aint ova yet here.... can you give me an edge on all ma buds and tell me whos wins... someone told me constantine wins but he just got voted out....
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:43 pm
Patience, dear woman. Four contestants left. It ain't over til it's over.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:48 pm
No, three contestants left.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:00 pm
Bo, Anthony, Vonzell, Carrie, right? That's four.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 01:20 am
I saw it last night. Do you think Ryan and Simon really dislike each other or is it all done as part of the hype?

I reckon Anthony's out next week. He's very nice but nothing special and I'm amazed he's lasted longer than Nadia and Constantine.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 01:44 am
Carrie is going next week.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 09:20 am
You're right -- there's four. I guess I was getting rid of Anthony in my imagination. Unless Carrie really blows it with a poor performance, Anthony is in trouble with his teen dream cuteness. He could pull the genie out of the bottle and top all of his previous uneven fare so don't look now. Debra might be right.

I think the Ryan/Simon zinger exchanges is a game to spice up the show as they are known gather socially outside of the production. Ditto Simon with Paula and Randy as they often seem to too often play the soft-edge role in judging performances and Simon just tells it like it is. I know that's his personal opinion but he is the one who is most like a real record producer who is going to be pretty cut throat in telling prospective talent they should not give up their day job.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 08:51 am
Thoughts, anyone, on the Paula Abdul-Corey Clark situation?
0 Replies