American Idol

Debra Law

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:44 pm
Shoot. Anthony is gone; Carrie is still there.

Yes. Carrie was very tearful with Anthony's announced departure and I kept wondering why the cameras kept focusing on her tearful face. And, as Zane pointed out, Carrie mouthed "I love you" to Anthony. Hmmmm. Was that a "friends forever" kind of "I love you," or something else?
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 12:58 am
So much for my determination not to look at this thread. We don't get to see it till Friday and, as you can see, I have no will power.

I predicted last week that Anthony would go. I couldn't see how he'd got this far but there again, with people voting Constantine out before Scott, anything's possible.

Green Witch, my daughter and son-in-law who live in the States also haven't watched it since Constantine left. They said they're not bothered who wins it now and have no interest in it any more.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 07:07 am
i heard this morning vonzell's tears were over the fact that she found out her father was diagnosed with cancer tuesday. wow, and she still did that well (i missed it but found a site you could download clips-ok so i went a little overboard!). i also read a ton of posts that made fun of her for being so fake about crying...i bet they feel bad now. i want her to win even more! and why hasn't carrie been voted off yet? i heard her say in an interview that it was hard to imagine this time a few months ago she was in school pursuing a degree and now she is doing something so much more important. hmmm. i was under the impression getting a degree was important.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 01:05 pm
No matter how old you get, you're always Daddy's little girl. My Dad died from cancer six years ago; I never cried so much in my entire life as I did when I lost my father. I still miss him and still get weepy. I sympathize with Vonzell. It must have been exceedingly difficult to perform after getting such awful news.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:57 pm
Nadia was truly my favorite. But after the "Time After Time" fiasco --bad song, bad mohawk, she started losing fan support. Unfortunate. Now I'm finding myself liking Bo. Well, Bo, then Vonzell as a close second.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:43 am
I'm a Bo/Vonzell fan now - before I used to think that Carrie had the most talent and she really does have great talent. I think she'll make it whether she wins on this show or not - but she's not a pop singer..the other two are. So i'm gonna be happy if either one of them wins. By the way, is anyone planning on buying the compilation CD? How were the ones from the previous years? I've enjoyed most of the songs they sing, so just thinkin maybe I should pick it up.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:50 am
I haven't and won't likely buy any of the compilations.

I have a question,though.

Why on earth would someone tell Vonzell her Dad has cancer knowing she had to perform?

Hmmm?

Why couldn't that wait until Wednesday or Thursday? It's not like he had a heart attack and died on the spot.

I just can't imagine my daughter being in that position and calling to give her such news. Nor can I imagine Bear wanting me to do that to her.

Unless of course there's the play for sympathy votes.

(Am I too jaded?)
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:46 am
squinney wrote:
I haven't and won't likely buy any of the compilations.

I have a question,though.

Why on earth would someone tell Vonzell her Dad has cancer knowing she had to perform?

Hmmm?

Why couldn't that wait until Wednesday or Thursday? It's not like he had a heart attack and died on the spot.

I just can't imagine my daughter being in that position and calling to give her such news. Nor can I imagine Bear wanting me to do that to her.

Unless of course there's the play for sympathy votes.

(Am I too jaded?)

I was thinking the same thing - never expressed :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:58 am
Ditto.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:00 am
i am gonna guess that she knew her father had a biopsyor some other test done to determine what was wrong, and they were waiting on the lab report to see exactly what it was. and, possibly she knew it was coming back tuesday and wanted to know. i am speculating of course because i always like to think everyone is good until proven bad. to me, not knowing would be worse than knowing. of course i am a vonzell fan, so i am biased...
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 04:10 pm
I was thinking the same thing...that had to be so difficult on her to sing after hearing that. I probably couldn't do it. Wonder who's gonna be the one to go this week? Intense! So no one is buying the cd? It comes out tommorow. I just saw the track listings and it looks pretty good. They have a couple of songs on there that I liked from the show...
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 02:54 pm
The cd... I have a copy of it, downloaded free. My first impressions of the songs I listened to:

Bo sounds technically good, but he has that Eddie Vedder voice like the guy from Creed.

Vonzell, pretty nice. Upbeat but a little too much like the original version of the song, and her voice is overpowered by the music.

Anwar: good vocal technique but oh so nasal.

Nadia: strong and lovely and dramatic. Mmmm...chills.

Nikko: very competent job on a good song.

Constantine has a nice voice and sounds very versatile.

Anthony--- Excellent! I'm really impressed! (...even though I'm hearing "Every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you")

Scott: soulful white boy...nice voice!

Lindsay: Horrible. Ugh. Puke. She butchered "Knock on Wood."
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 03:20 pm
You downloaded the whole cd?? I just got it today! I pretty much agree with you on the review of the songs. I was very impressed with Constantine and Bo always sounds great. I really like this cd...
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 03:22 pm
how did you get the CD free? just curious...
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:16 pm
Someone I know found a link to a site that has all the songs on mp3.

I watched tonight. Bo, a cappella. Amazing.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 06:43 am
there's something about Bo's voice that just doesn't amaze me. Not quite sure why. I thought Vonzell was great-her first song was little off, but the second two were great. Carrie is just missing that spark or rhythm or something. Bo's a cappella I agree was really good but I think he lacks the range that the girls have. He is really good at the lower voice songs. Who knows. I have heard a lot of speculation this morning on the radio that Carrie is going home. That would shock me.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:50 am
If I had to rank the performances overall from last night, I put Bo first, then Vonzell (she's still my favorite) then Carrie. I think Carrie will go tonight.

I thought before that whoever the last standing female was would be the winner. Now I'm not so sure.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:57 am
i am still a huge vonzell supporter, but the guy producing the american idol winner's CD said he thought Bo would win.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 12:59 pm
I would like to see Carrie go tonight, but I'm afraid it will be Vonzell.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 01:21 pm
I agree with you, Debra. It's unfortunate.

Bo was damn good last night.
0 Replies