Zane

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 01:06 pm
...and then there were five.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:13 pm
sozobe wrote:
Synonymph wrote:
It's impossible for the voting to be fair. You can vote over and over? The outcome is really determined by whose fans are most rabid and persistent, not who is "best."

Isn't that kind of the point? Who can inspire the most rabid and persistent fans? It's "American Idol", not "America's Best Singer".

That does make sense, sozobe. I watched it once (the week the dreaded-hunk was eliminated) and I wasn't rabidly excited about any of them.

Damn the Wright Brothers, damn the broccoli, and damn my high standards.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:49 pm
ok so i just read an article that Bo was arrested twice on drug charges, once for buying cocaine in a strip club and the second for pot. the two counts were merged and reduced to misdemeanors and he attended a drug diversion program as puishment.

www.thesmokinggun.com for a quick read. Idol execs did not deny, but said that Bo disclosed it when he made the cut.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:50 pm
now that i think about it, that is not nearly as bad as scott's arrest for domestic violence.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 01:25 pm
The final five in the order in which I like them the best:

1. Vonzell: I like her the best. Her personality shines. Her voice is the most improved. With more training and experience, she should catapult to the top.

2. Anthony: I like him the second best. He appears to be the underdog, but survives every week. He has the fans and deserves to be there. As the mother of a son about his age, I want him to hug him and encourage him to follow his dreams.

3. Bo: I have mixed feelings about Bo. He's an extremely likeable young man. I wouldn't mind if he won the competition.

4. Carrie: Simon said it best: Barbie meets the Stepford Wives.

5. Scott: There are too many things about this young man that I don't like. I would be disappointed if he won the competition.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:28 pm
I don't like Vonzell at all. I strongly believe she's going to be out next week since she's always in the bottom three.
I also can't stand Scott. He looks like a piggy; but it wouldn't surprist me if he won the competition since the last American Idol was a piggy. His voice isn't that good anyway. I couldn't believe he was safe last week. He should've been kicked out instead of Constantine who I thougth was going to be in the final three.
My three most favourites in order are Bo, Carrie and Anthony.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:24 pm
Constantine and Nadia were seen mingling at the White House Correspondents' thing (shown on CSPAN) last night. Behind the ropes, the girls in the crowd were all giggly about Constantine. Nadia, looking elegant in a long gown and crazy 'fro, posed for the photogs.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:19 pm
dragon49 wrote:
now that i think about it, that is not nearly as bad as scott's arrest for domestic violence.

Is that really true? I don't like him but hadn't realized he'd been arrested for domestic violence.

I watch it here in the UK a couple of days after my daughter watches it in Florida. I only had to hear her voice to realize that Constantine had been knocked out. I was sorry he was knocked out but, boy oh boy, what a dreadful song he picked.

Did you see Bo's mother in the short film? She's a stunner.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 07:17 am
Tarah: unfortunately it is all too true. he was arrested on domestic violence charges from the mother of his son when he reported tried to take their son from her and threw a phone at her causing it to break on her chest. he later pled to a disorderly conduct misdemeanor charge. At least that is what reports say.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0331051_american_idol_scott_1.html

There's the link i read it on, but i have also read it on cnn's website where they questioned idol execs who said that he was forthcoming with his conviction hence they did not disqualify him from the competition.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 07:49 am
dragon49 wrote:
and threw a phone at her causing it to break on her chest

Was this a real phone, made of high-impact plastic? If so, the woman must have been seriously injured, probably requiring medical attention, or she has a chest of steel.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:19 am
i am not sure, according to the website listed above they took pictures of her left hand (because he ripped her engagement ring off of her hand) and her chest to document the case (that would lead me to believe she was bruised by both or why would they take pictures). cnn didn't really comment on exactly what happened other than to say it was domestic violence. However, the smoking gun posted some of the cases documents on their site. Again, i am not sure how reliable the smoking gun is, but cnn and idol did say he was convicted (charged with domestic violence but pleading guilty to disorderly conduct), they just didn't give any details.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:28 am
And this is the guy who's forever praying ... he should pray for forgiveness.

What a lowlife! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 04:16 pm
I agree. I have a HUGE aversion to any parent who would use a three-week-old baby as a weapon against the other parent.

It is absolutely disgusting that he placed this innocent child in the middle of a tug of war. For whatever reason, Scott and the mother of this child ended their living-together relationship. It was HER house and she asked him to leave. He was moving his stuff and, as if the newborn baby was just another piece of property, he declared his intention to take the baby too.

EXCUSE ME? I'm all for equal rights between mother and father with respect to custody issues. However, if Scott was leaving the family home and if he believed the best interests of the newborn baby was better served by his custody rather than the mother's custody, his remedy was to commence a paternity and custody action and ask the court to determine custody.

You don't use your own newborn baby as a tug-of-war toy in a power play against the other parent as you're moving out of the family home. Outrageous! She immediately responded to his threat by attempting to make an emergency call to the police for assistance. Scott ripped the phone from her hand and smashed the phone. That's TERRORIZING. It proves that he's bigger than she is; stronger than she is; and that he believes in violence to get his way.

In my state, preventing any person from making an emergency call to seek police assistance is a FELONY.

He got off quite easily with a mere disorderly conduct conviction. I have no respect for Scott Savol.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 04:35 pm
Debra, thank you for explaining what happened.

I'm lost as to how people can vote for him.

Mind you, I reckon Tony Blair's going to get back into power on Thursday so it proves you can fool some of the people all of the time.

Is it my imagination or is Paula all over Simon at every opportunity?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 07:02 am
simon did give her a little pinch last night. Bo's performances were a little uninspiring to me. I loved anthony's second song and vonzell was ok (i don't think it was her best, but i still think she's great). It is amazing to me how much the judges gush over Bo and Carrie. Makes me sick since i am not a huge fan of either. I will not comment on Scott since the respect is gone.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:06 am
But Debra, how do you REALLY feel about Scott?

I'd say Anthony and Vonzell will be the lowest two vote-getters tonight. Anthony was once again safe and dull, and I can't recall anything Vonzell did. Then again, I'm usually wrong, and with only 5 left, it's anyone's guess.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:09 am
If Anthony doesn't go this week, I'll eat my hat.

I think that in a few shows we will be watching Carrie, Vonzell, and Bo. One of the women will eliminate the other, and in the end, that woman will be the winner.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:24 am
Sounds very logical, FreeDuck.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:09 am
i think simon is skewing everyone towards carrie. she will probably win although i think vonzell has more depth and better performances than her.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:13 am
I have a thought about Simon's criticism. I remember early on that Vonzell was very good, but he just kept telling her that nothing she did was fabulous enough. I also remember him heaping praise on some who didn't have much going for them other than their look and stage presence. I have a hunch that he's slightly manipulative. He knows if he witholds praise from Vonzell that she will just keep getting better. He seems to know that Carrie, under too much praise, will lose her edge -- as she did immediately after he said that she would win the comptetition and go on to do better than any other idol winner, or something like that. I think he enjoys f-ing with them.
0 Replies