American Idol

dragon49

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 01:56 pm
i agree synonymph, which is precisely why i think constantine will win. with the teenage girl following he has, they will vote over and over and over for him each week.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:50 am
wow. i didn't see that one coming...didn't think anwar would go home. He had that whole teaching kids music thing going for him. hmmm...weird.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:53 am
Stepford wives are like fat chicks and Mopeds. Everybody wants to ride one but nobody wants to admit it.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:02 pm
Anwar's voice was often strained and had a nasal quality, unappealing.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:28 pm
agree
Synonymph wrote:
It's impossible for the voting to be fair. You can vote over and over? The outcome is really determined by whose fans are most rabid and persistent, not who is "best."

I agree. I would like to go to a one vote per phone system.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 11:33 am
Simon sez pack your bags, must be Scott's time to go. Although Anthony is about as exciting as a loaf of Tastee white bread..
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 12:24 pm
How bad was constantine! wow that was horrible. and amazingly, I didn't like Carrie's performance either, it was boring. I would agree, either Scott or Anthony is going. I must maintain my support for Vonzell, her voice is amazing and she is so unassuming up there.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 01:02 pm
I'm still a big Vonzell fan. I would think either Scott or Anthony, but then, I thought Anthony should have gone a long time ago. The thing that's interesting is that each singer clearly has a following, so in order for one to go, they either have to let their followers down, or have a smaller following than others. With that in mind, it may very well be Constantine that has to go since he and Bo have always seemed to split a certain sector of music fans. His performance might well send some of his fans in Bo's direction.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 02:01 pm
Carrie's performance left me baffled.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 02:47 pm
i think constantine still has the teenage girl vote with that "look" at the camera he does all the time. I would be surprised to see him go, not because I like him, I am all for Vonzell, but simply because of the way voting is set up and that he has the young ladies' votes.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 07:00 am
I have to say, you all were right, I was wrong. Constantine was sent home last night! I knew his performance sucked, but I thought his fans would come through. To round out the bottom three were Vonzell (doesn't anyone else hear how awesome her voice is) and Anthony. I really thought Anthony was gone, but it was Constantine. Funny though, you got to see Paula cry on national TV.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 08:06 am
Yeah, I really thought it should have been Anthony. He just doesn't do anything for me, but there must be following for him. And I was surprised that Scott wasn't even in the bottom three -- and even more surprised that Vonzell was. But I guess at this point, with only a handful of contestants remaining, the difference between bottom and top groups is probably not very much.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 08:10 am
i guess i just figured that constantine's following would be bigger than anthony's. i stand corrected Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 08:14 am
Oh, I think it was, but I think that those who liked Constantine also liked Bo, and last night they must have finally made a choice. That whole thing about not enough room for two rockers...
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 08:30 am
i am just afraid that carrie will win. while her voice is very good, for some reason, i can't get behind her. its kinda the same thing with Bo, very good voice, but there is just something that i don't like. i am interested to see what ABC does with this whole program they have scheduled next week about Idol. Paula is threatening to sue if they air it and it has been so secretive other than it was something scandalous.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 08:35 am
Yeah, she's just to vanilla for me. I'm totally behind Vonzell, though I like the others. I like Scott's voice -- he and Vonzell actually sound really good together and he is very good at harmonizing -- but I think he might do better in a group of one or two other guys.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 08:57 am
I'm shocked. I was so ready for Scott to go home. Simon told him to pack his bags, for crying out loud. Every time Simon says anything "mean" to a contestant, that contestant seems to pull the sympathy vote -- enough to land Scott in the top three.

I can't believe that Constantine went home. Oh well. If Carrie wins, I guess her vacant stare must appeal to a lot of people.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 09:07 am
If Carrie wins, it just proves once again that in matters of taste, the "unwashed masses" have very little, and "popular" isn't necessarily best.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 09:12 am
I've watched this show like twice (they all emote really nicely, impossible for me to say much beyond that).

In terms of this, though

Synonymph wrote:
It's impossible for the voting to be fair. You can vote over and over? The outcome is really determined by whose fans are most rabid and persistent, not who is "best."

Isn't that kind of the point? Who can inspire the most rabid and persistent fans? It's "American Idol", not "America's Best Singer".
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:17 am
i just read a review that summed carrie up very well. they called her a fembot. That was so perfect with her emotionless face and stupid sway back and forth. GO VONZELL!!!
0 Replies