American Idol

Zane

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 06:51 pm
"This week's American Idol nontheme forced the contestants to choose songs first recorded during their respective birth years, but the producers could have called the evening ''Freaky Tuesday.'' What else am I to make of an episode during which Paula Abdul made more sense than Randy Jackson? Where Carrie Underwood finally dug deep into her aluminum hull and pulled out something vaguely resembling a soul? And where Constantine Maroulis began performing like this season's front-runner, while Bo Bice suddenly turned into a bottom-three prospect?"

Read the article here:
Entertainment Weekly
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 07:45 am
patiodog-how tall is constantine if you wife knew him? just curious because he towers ryan and almost everyone else. i am not surprised that Nadia went home, she has been in the bottom three alot recently. Carrie needs to learn to show some type of emotion on her face, that blank stare will only take her so far. however my hubby keeps voting for her because he thinks she's hot. i still think vonzell might be the underdog, but constantine is definitely taking the lead.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 08:08 am
Well...now that my favorite is gone, I'm going to predict a win for Constantine.

I don't think Carrie is hot, just pretty in a bland way. And she certainly lacks a sense of rhythm, physically.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 08:37 am
i agree, she has no rythm. tuesday, she just walked around the stage and swayed back and forth randomly. on top of that, she has no emotion in her face.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 01:54 pm
Bottom three were: Scott, Nadia, and Bo.

I would have placed Anwar, Anthony, or Carrie in the bottom three long before Bo.

I thought for sure that Bo would be sent back to the seats, but Scott was sent back instead. This left Bo and Nadia on the stage

Bo was safe. Smile

Nadia was sent home. Sad

Borrowing a phrase from Highlander: There can be only one.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 02:06 pm
ohh Lord, I'm happy Nadia is gone. That should give her some extra time to do something with that hair.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 01:31 am
Quote:
ohh Lord, I'm happy Nadia is gone. That should give her some extra time to do something with that hair.

Agreed. She scares me sometimes... no offence of course.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 08:15 am
Hell yeah! She should chemically straighten it like Vonzell.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 04:39 pm
I liked Nadia's hair, and her voice. She just didn't have much of a range and some of her songs were pretty boring. But I can think of at least one person who should have gone before her, but that's the breaks.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 09:00 pm
Really, Nadia's hair is truly awesome, and she was the most elegant and soulful one up there. Her songs weren't boring, merely unfamiliar. Her only bad performance was that disastrous 80s week song and that 'Fro Hawk hairstyle she chose to go with it.

I managed to see a tape of Tuesday's episode. Anthony sang the Meat Song! Funny.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 12:13 pm
Zane wrote:
Really, Nadia's hair is truly awesome, and she was the most elegant and soulful one up there. Her songs weren't boring, merely unfamiliar.

ohh please Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 11:41 am
What's so bloody strange? Which finalist is more elegant and soulful than Nadia?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:00 am
well now, i must say i was rather surprised by everyone's performance. i must reiterate how much i like vonzell. her song last night was great. Bo made a nice comeback from last week as did scott. However, i just dont think scott's voice is good enough to hold him in the competition. What was up with Carrie's hair? And was Constantine wearning eyeliner?
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:45 am
Vonzell was good. Did Constantine go first? I missed his performance. Correct me if I'm wrong but Bo's song didn't fit the theme. I'm beginning to like Scott. As for Carrie.. ha, Simon hit the nail on the head when he compared her to a Stepford Wife. Anwar surprised me this week. He really got into the song (although his dancing was a little, er, different).
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:25 am
Zane wrote:
I managed to see a tape of Tuesday's episode. Anthony sang the Meat Song! Funny.

The Meat Song??? Every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you. Sorry I made you miss the program last week, Zane...I know there was a tv there. You should have been paying attention to your surroundings.

I watched American Idol for the first time last night. Constantine (definitely wearing eye makeup, dragon49) was pretty good, nice command of the stage, crazy presence, and gets points (from me, at least) for his height. The blond guy was boring. Vonzell performed well and acted cute. The big white guy was cool. Bo, boring. The dread guy looked like he was having a great time, and incidentally, he's beautiful.

Carrie, WTF? MacArthur Park! That was a f*ucking bad song choice. And she played it straight and deadpan. I loved when she said "It's a real good song except for the words."
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 12:14 pm
Carrie is not one of my favorites. she does have a great voice, but that is where it ends. there is just that vacant stare and lack of rythym. and yes that comment by her was classic. "something about cake" if she wins i might boycott next year...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 12:59 pm
I don't like Carrie. She doesn't have it. Not even close.

My personal favorite last night was Vonzell or Bo.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 01:08 pm
Carrie sounded like she was putting a country spin on "...someone left the cake out in the rain." She looked scared on stage. A little self-confidence can go a long way.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 01:12 pm
while my vote continues to go to vonzell, i have to say that i still think constantine will win because of his following.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 01:29 pm
It's impossible for the voting to be fair. You can vote over and over? The outcome is really determined by whose fans are most rabid and persistent, not who is "best."
0 Replies