American Idol

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 08:06 am
Again, Vonzell rocked it. She just does it right every time. And it helps that I love that song "Let's hear it for the boy" from my childhood.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 09:05 am
I agree, I think Vonzell was great and if she is in the bottom three again I am going to be upset. I know Carrie is the favorite, but while her voice is quite amazing, her showmanship is quite lacking. All she did was sway back and forth last night with again an emotionless expression. I was actually surprised by Constantine last night. The last few weeks I think he has gotten better, but no way is his singing ability better than Vonzell. I think all the teenage girls vote for him, don't really understand why. He must be quite tall though.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 09:41 am
I missed it. Who's going to get the boot tonight? Carrie is boring. The girls do love Constantine and he does have that stage presence..
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 09:49 am
I don't know how Anthony has stayed in as long as he has. I say Anthony, Nadia, and Anwar are the bottom three.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 10:45 am
I would agree with those bottom three. I think Nadia can actually sing, but she just doesn't have the following. I said before I was pulling for Anthony but he hasn't really impressed me the last two weeks. Not too sure on my thoughts for Anwar. He is very nice, but I think he needs to pick songs more suited to his voice.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 10:55 am
Yeah. Anwar has a very nice voice, but it hasn't been showcased well. Nadia has a fun and funky thing going on, but not much range, it seems.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 11:12 am
I think if I had to choose I would choose Anthony. Yes I was for him in the beginning, but he just hasn't done much recently. On an aside, I didn't watch last year, but I was not overly impressed with Fantasia. Just seemed like she yelled a lot into the microphone. I am missing something or was that performance not one of her best?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 11:24 am
I missed her performance last week because I missed the show. I also didn't really watch last season.

I have to say that I'm thinking of getting the American Idol dvd. I just really like the beginning tryout shows. These latest shows are fun to watch too, but I just like the tryout process for some reason.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 11:27 am
I thought that Bo guy was actually pretty damn good last night. Even though I only watch this show periodically, while I'm doing other things, and I have been unimpressed by the phony rock star thing he's got going, I thought that last night he looked like a real star instead of some joker trying to be one.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 11:28 am
I love the try out shows....that is why i started watching in the first place. There was one girl with really short blond hair and a red shirt...man she was a wacko.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:13 pm
Let's see what happens tonight and then make our predictions about who's going to be the actual winner. Anyone want to play or is it too soon for y'all to make a guess?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:46 pm
I'm in. I already named my bottom three for this week. I say Anthony gets the boot. I want Vonzell to win, but I have to allow that it might be Carrie.

kicky, I liked Bo before, but the song he sang last night was practically monotone. That's why everyone in the world can sing Freebird -- it's all one note.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:55 pm
What? Wasn't it Bohemian Rhapsody that he sang?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:56 pm
No, that was Constantine. And I agree, I thought he did a great job. I used to think that Bo was better but now I think Constantine is better. Plus he's taller, and that's somehow sexy.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 02:01 pm
Aaaah, yeah, that's the guy.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 03:26 pm
I think because of the audience that american idol holds, constantine will win (his performance last night was good). teenage girls love him and they are the ones making sure they are home every tuesday night watching. i should know i used to be a teenage girl, and i guess i see why they like him. however, vonzell's voice is much better and her showmanship is getting better. and yeah, i think anthony will get the boot tonight.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 03:40 pm
so, i don't usually watch reality shows at all, but the wife knew constantine (his name is 'goat' around our house) in high school, so i end up watching it every week. all i can say is -- for people who are supposed to be critics, randy and ms 'straight up' abdul are the most gushing, supportive blowhards i've ever seen. my god, by saccharine aunt has more barbs in her than they do.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:25 pm
Scott was absolutely horrible. He didn't even sing the verses, he just talked them.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:47 pm
My predictions for bottom three: Nadia, Scott, and Carrie.

I think Constantine is gaining momentum and could possibly be winning votes away from Bo.

I think Anwar, Anthony, and Bo will fall in the middle, with Vonzell and Constantine taking the lead.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:09 pm
I want Bo Bice or Constantine to be in the finals.
Bad hair lady needs to go, I don't know her name, not that I care because she's gone
0 Replies