Poor Kavanaugh wants to run for SC judge

maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:19 pm
@roger,
Yes, I do. Actually I think all of them have made up their minds, the political calculus doesn't take that long to do... but I think Collins tipped her hand (she will vote for Kavanaugh). The Republicans might lose Murkowski and I don't know about Flake, but with Manchin voting for Kavanaugh the Republicans can lose three.
roger

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Ya know, I think I'm going to be fairly unhappy whichever way they go.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:35 pm
@roger,
It is especially sad that the Senate has reached this point, there is open partisan warfare. The loss of filibuster, the gamesmanship with Garland and now this... the Senate is a battlefield.
roger

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Yeah. Wouldn't it be nice to confirm based on how well the appointee will rule based on Constitution and other law?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:49 pm
@roger,
I actually think this would be an appropriate place for the Democrats to use the filibuster.

Do you remember the filibuster (a way to make sure the majority and the minority would have to work together to reach a consensus)? Whatever happened to that?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 06:35 am
@maxdancona,
...and?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 07:07 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

...and?

Do I have to spell it out for you MaPorsche? The pointed message is that Democrats use sexual assault as a political ploy, and that they were happy to cover it up when it was Bill Clinton who was being accused of sexual assault in the case of Juanita Broadrick, Paula Jones, Gennifer Flowers, etc.

Do you remember when a woman who accused Bill Clinton of raping her was dismissed by Democrats as part of a "vast right-wing conspiracy"?

maporsche

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 07:32 am
@maxdancona,
No Max. I don’t remember that. **** happened over 20 years ago. I was a sophomore in high school or younger.

Republicans invited her I assume?

I don’t think anything the house would do in 2019 has much to do with what happened during the Clinton administration. How many of the current democratic house members were even out of college then?

Political memories and actions exist on a much shorter timeline than a generation or two ago.

And stop pretending that the national culture has t evolved on these issues over the last 30 years and really over the last 2.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 07:48 am
@maporsche,
So you are saying that "**** that happened over 20 years ago" doesn't matter?

Think about that for a few seconds.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 07:59 am
@maxdancona,
Let's be very clear about what is happening here.

Bill Clinton was accused, credibly, by several women of sexual assault. At least one woman, Juanita Broadrick, accused Bill Clinton of raping her. Hillary Clinton attacked these women, calling them liars and saying the only reason that Bill was being accused is that these women were part of a "vast, right-wing conspiracy".

I was young, idealistic and liberal in those days. But, when the Monica Lewinsky scandal happened and it turned out the the Clinton's had covered it up... it jolted me. It suddenly made me realize that there probably was something behind that story.

As you know Hillary was the Democratic nominee in 2016, she has yet to apologize for attacking these women. Worse, the liberal political bubble is completely ignoring the fact that Bill Clinton did the same thing that the targets of their political attacks did.

And Hillary Clinton covered it up by attacking women who were reporting sexual assault.
maporsche

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 08:07 am
@maxdancona,
You’re such a bore max.

Listen closely. My statement will be very specific.

I’m saying that the **** that happened 20 years ago to Bill Clinton does not matter much to House Democrats in 2019.

This was a direct statement based on another statement by Finn. Do not attempt to take it out of context for whatever straw man argument you’re having with yourself. I wasn’t addressing you ; you butted in and are attempting to make this thread about something else. Something that coincidentally appears allllllll over the right-wing internet.
maporsche

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 08:08 am
@maxdancona,
What’s this have to do with Kavanaugh or his desire to run for the SC?

Make another “poor Max” thread if you want to discuss the Clintons.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 08:26 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
I’m saying that the **** that happened 20 years ago to Bill Clinton does not matter much to House Democrats in 2019.

And the **** that happened 36 years ago to Judge Kavanaugh apparently does.

And don't forget that Hillary Clinton attacked women who claimed to be victims of rape and sexual assault. She was the Democratic nominee in 2016.

The only reason some people support Clinton, and other people support Kavanaugh is the ideological team they are rooting for.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 08:29 am
@maporsche,
Poor Max! Are you kidding? You are great with me. You flatter me and you amuse me. Out of all of the people on able2know, you are the only person who chose to put me in their signature.

Izzy and Neptune are also obsessed with me too... but you are truly my favorite fan.
maporsche

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 08:35 am
@maxdancona,
I’m only talking about the house Democrats in 2019 apparently hell-bent On taking revenge because of the Clinton impeachment.

I can’t be more specific than that you LYING twig.

You’re embarrassing yourself.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 08:38 am
@maxdancona,
Truly, I can’t think of any possible reasons why people would accuse you of trolling-like behavior.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 08:44 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Truly, I can’t think of any possible reasons why people would accuse you of trolling-like behavior.

Calling someone a troll for expressing the "wrong" opinion, is a good way to enforce conformity in the ideological bubble. I am never the first to launch a personal attack (and if I am, I will apologize). You attack early and often... but you aren't called a "troll" because you have "proper" opinions approved by your ideological group.

Anyone who challenged the group think here gets called a "troll". I wear it with pride.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 09:26 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Calling someone a troll for expressing the "wrong" opinion,

In this case the wrong opinion is that every ******* thread has to be about Max.

I can't believe how much time and effort you dedicate to being such a horse's arse.

Take a day off ffs, just look in the mirror first thing and say to yourself. 'Today I won't be a complete dickhead.'
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 09:41 am
@izzythepush,
Actually, it is you and MaPorsche that makes every thread about Max.

I was making points about the Kavanaugh hearing, his chances (I am pretty sure he will be confirmed) and how both the Democrats and Republicans are turning this into a cynical political game.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 09:47 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Actually, it is you and MaPorsche that makes every thread about Max.

You're not helping your cause by talking about yourself in the ye ole delusional "third person" perspective.
0 Replies