Poor Kavanaugh wants to run for SC judge

maxdancona

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2018 06:43 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

coluber2001 wrote:

Ford has nothing to gain by lying, and Kavanaugh has everything to lose by telling the truth.

That is simply untrue.

Ford's clear purpose is to stop Kavanaugh's nomination. She has a lot to gain, she can stop a conservative judge who is hated by the left from becoming a Supreme Court justice. I don't know if you have noticed... even before the Ford accusation came along there were a hell of a lot of people who wanted the Kavanaugh nomination process to be stopped at any cost.

You don't know Dr. Ford. You are making assumptions about her with very little information other than your own prejudices. There are all sorts of reasons for her to want to prevent Kavanaugh from becoming a Supreme Court justice. Of course, I don't know Dr. Ford either. That is why I am not suggesting I have any clue about what her motivations are.

For you (or I) to claim that her possible motivations prove anything is ridiculous partisan rhetoric.

To put this in terms that liberals should be able understand very well...

Did Paula Jones have any reason to lie about Bill Clinton?

How you see this is a matter of ideological prejudice.
camlok

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2018 11:39 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
To put this in terms that liberals should be able understand very well...

Did Paula Jones have any reason to lie about Bill Clinton?

How you see this is a matter of ideological prejudice.

You REALLY ought not to be pointing fingers, max, the stunning hypocrite. Your total blindness about many things are all based on your ideological prejudice/your rank US partisan nature.

You seek to protect murderers when you know full well they are murderers.

Your cowardly behavior tells us all that you know full well what you do.

Your rejection of science, ON THIS ONE ISSUE, tells us all that you know full well what you do.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 08:03 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
And if you're a victim, cold, hard silence is all you have.
What do you think society should do differently in order to start helping victims?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 04:46 pm
@coluber2001,
Why didn't Bill Clinton do that? The MF!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 04:49 pm
@neptuneblue,
In 2012 some 75,000 men and women were convicted of sexual assaults.

Maybe that's a fraction of the actual case, but clearly, in 75,000 cases the victims were met with more than cold hard silence.

Stop being so dramatic.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 04:51 pm
@coluber2001,
Absurd!

Without even speculating what Ford might have to gain, (and it is not "nothing") is that how our justices system should work?

You have more to gain than your accuser so you must be lying?

How the hell do you expect Kavanaugh to prove a negative?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 04:52 pm
@roger,
What could Kavanaugh possible say that would convince you?

I think you are being ridiculous here.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 04:54 pm
@Real Music,
You are, frankly, as big a partisan idiot as coluber.

But you're right...let's throw out our fundamental principles of justice and fairness to assuage your partisan anger about a conservative judge being appointed to the USSC
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 05:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Izzat right? Sixty some endorsements from women who knew him at the time, while he attended an all male prep school? And they came in practically overnight? Sounds either very convenient or very well organized. Almost as though the allegation were anticipated.

Oh, goody. I've pissed off everybody with just one post. Well, people mostly believe want to believe. You say 'ridiculous' . Coluber thinks I've got to be kidding. Party on, both of you.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 05:35 pm
Finding out that Kavanaugh kept and still has calendars from back in the summer of 1982 when he was 17 years old makes things more questionable and weird. It's as if this Supreme Court post has been on his 'to do' list for quite a while.

It should also be grounds for immediately pulling his name from nomination.
roger

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 05:45 pm
@Sturgis,
I wouldn't call it grounds for pulling the nomination, but it sounds a little defensive. Hey, maybe he started a list of character witnesses at the same. Maybe I should have done the same.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 05:49 pm
@roger,
I'm almost certain he got the idea from watching the Watergate hearings and knew his future would depend on 2 lists. One with defenders and the other with enemies.
roger

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 05:51 pm
@Sturgis,
Possible. I'm grateful I don't have that kind of life.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 06:00 pm
joenation on FB

Quote:
So wait, there are 100,000 pages from his days at the Bush White House we don't get to have, but he CAN find his alibi calendar??
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 06:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Stop being so dramatic.

Oh, I quit the dramatics in my 20's.

What hasn't left me is the horror and disgust of the non-stop bombardment of people like you who downplay sexual assault.

People sexually assaulted.

And that's just a fraction.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2018 12:09 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Stop being so dramatic.

Oh, I quit the dramatics in my 20's.

Keep telling yourself that, your posts strongly suggest otherwise.

What hasn't left me is the horror and disgust of the non-stop bombardment of people like you who downplay sexual assault.

I see. Because I don't, without question, accept a claim of sexual abuse, I am downplaying it? See my original statement.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2018 12:14 pm
@roger,
You find endorsements from women who have known him for years suspicious?

Equally as suspicious as a relatively vague claim that can't be corroborated by the individuals the accuser has said could?

I hope you don't get approved for jury duty any time soon.

Don't flatter yourself BTW, you haven't pissed me off at all. I just think you are being ridiculous.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2018 05:13 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
The problem is, the feminist movement makes false accusations against innocent people. And they excuse Bill Clinton for actual abuse.

It is hard to take accusations seriously in such a climate.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2018 06:01 pm
@oralloy,
Incorrect. Bad people make false accusations.

oralloy

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2018 06:15 pm
@neptuneblue,
All I hear from the feminist movement is a demand that all accusations be automatically believed -- unless the accusations are against a Democratic president.

That nutcase Gillibrand has even repeated a false accusation on the floor of the Senate. And she invited the false accuser to sit in a prominent seat at one of Obama's state of the union speeches.