Jeb Bush for prez "08"

RichNDanaPoint

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:06 pm
I wish Jeb would run for President then we would finally get rid of the Republican trash that's been living in the WH. Snowball's chance in hell he would win the election. :wink:
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:50 pm
Let's see if Red Rex is still enamored of Condi Rice if this one proves to be true and I think it will!

June 3, 2006 -- WMR can report that a Mayflower Hotel staffer has confirmed that First Lady Laura Bush spent at least one night this past week at the hotel, which is four blocks north of the White House. Mrs. Bush reportedly moved out of the White House after a confrontation with Bush over his on-going affair with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. The Mayflower's official position on the story is that they can "neither confirm nor deny" the identities of their guests. Because it's penchant for security and secrecy is well known to the Secret Service, the Mayflower has become a reliable hotel for U.S. and international VIPs.

Some Washington observers believe that the recent flare up between Laura Bush and the president stems from the fact that her poll numbers are twice as favorable as her husband's (60 percent to 29 percent). Laura Bush's recent solo missions to New Orleans, Colorado, and an AIDS conference at the United Nations represent a virtual declaration of independence from the most unpopular president in U.S. history. "She's [Laura's] taking a page right out of Hillary's book," said one Washington pundit. Rice, on the other hand, has been very close and loyal to Bush since she signed on as his chief foreign policy adviser in 2000. WMR has been told of intimate encounters between Mr. Bush and Rice on trips to New York City (multiple occasions) and New Orleans following Katrina.

Mayflower officially mum on recent VIP guest and her Secret Service detail.
WMR has received numerous email from the typical right-wing political direct marketing operations with the same talking point: how dare we violate the privacy of the President and First Lady in time of war. To refresh the memory of the right, we offer this one peek into recent history:

Feb. 18, 1998 (CNN) -- . . . Clinton also faces a divided public. In the latest CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, 54 percent of people surveyed said they would prefer to see the Iraqi crisis resolved by diplomatic pressure and economic sanctions. Maybe more importantly, though, the poll indicated a significant drop since early February in support for military strikes against Iraq, from 50 percent to 41 percent. At the same time, by about a 2-1 margin, people say if the U.S. does attack, its goal should be remove Hussein, not just to reduce Iraq's capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and threaten its neighbors.

And Clinton has another problem, and her name is Monica Lewinsky. In this public test of wills with Hussein, Clinton has tried to stake out the moral high ground. He has talked about "the chance to do the right thing for our children and grandchildren." But some of his political opponents think Clinton cannot claim the moral high ground, not now, not after the past month's lurid tales. As restrained as Republicans have been in discussing the Lewinsky controversy, there are signs that approach is ending.

In the GOP view of morality, Republican Presidents are entitled to more privacy than Democratic Presidents.

In another bit of GOP hypocrisy, on Monday, President Bush will hold a VIP ceremony at the White House to back a bill enshrining a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. The name of the legislation: The Sanctity of Marriage Act. WMR hopes the mainstream TV media will focus on Laura Bush's facial reaction when Mr. Bush proclaims his support for The Sanctity of Marriage Act, i.e., if Mrs. Bush is even present for the event.

Postscript: We want to thank radio hosts Randi Rhodes and Stephanie Miller for not being cowered by the right-wing spin machine and reporting this story on their programs.

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:11 pm
Magg, you need to have your cut and paste taken away from you. Smile
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:29 am
Wouldn't want to take away your pleasure by doing that would you Rex? What would you bitch about if I didn't provide you with articles to gripe about? Not that you ever read more than two lines! Well here's another one for you............. Enjoy!

The Truth about George W. Bush
Here you will find out the little known truth concerning President George W. Bush, Victor Ashe, the current American ambassador to Poland (formerly mayor of Knoxville, Tennessee and Exec. V.P.; C.F.O. of Fannie Mae), and their adulterous-bisexual relationship with a Las Vegas woman in 1984.

This situation took place in 1984 in the State of Tennessee. It concerns a 41 year old woman [currently residing in Las Vegas], Victor Ashe and George Bush's encounter in 1984 during the senate debates between Al Gore, Jr., Victor Ashe and Ed McAteer. She was invited to come to Tennessee by Victor Ashe. While attending one of these debates she spoke briefly with Ed McAteer (Senatorial candidate in 1984 who debated alongside Al Gore, Jr. and Victor Ashe, and was responsible in part for the emergence of the Religious Right).

Members of the mainstream media (CNN, FOX/news, Chicago Tribune) have known about this Las Vegas woman [well known in the BDSM underground] since September of 2003 yet they have done little if anything to get to the bottom of it. Like Bush's national guard service records they've given him a free pass concerning the what, where and when of his participation in the Texas Air National Guard.

We believe if the whereabouts and war-time behavior of Senator Kerry during his tour in Vietnam in the early 70's are matters of importance to the American people [according to Sinclair Broadcasting and Swift Boat Vets for Truth] then the past behavior of this President and his involvement in a homosexual situation with another man in the mid 80's is of equal importance.

When this Las Vegas woman told us about her conversation with Ed McAteer we thought it was something that should be looked into. He was being treated for cancer so we had to move quickly to open a dialogue. We believed obtaining a death bed declaration [if it came down to that] of a man of Ed McAteer's stature in the Christian community [he was called the Godfather of the Religious Right] would have held tremendous weight.?Ed [finally] coming forward to say what he witnessed or knew concerning this matter would have been unimpeachable. Ed was a staunch supporter of the state of Israel and quietly lobbied for the post of U.S. ambassador to Israel back in 2001 but was turned down for the position by none other than George W. Bush. It seems in George W. Bush's isolated bubble, ambassadorships are rewards set aside for friends and lovers only.

We initially contacted Mr. McAteer back in May of this year. He mentioned at that time Victor Ashe's sexual shenanigans were no secret in Tennessee. He seemed resentful of his party's choice to back a 'sodomite' which is why he ran as an independent. Ed was on chemotherapy and it was extremely difficult for him to talk so we deferred until late August at which time his wife [Faye] informed us he wanted to talk further but was under doctors orders to refrain from all strenuous activity. Sadly, Ed McAteer passed away on Oct. 5, 2004, before we could do a follow-up interview, he was 78. For Ed's sake [and that of his family] we hope his departure was natural [God's will], however, the timing of it all seems rather untimely in our opinion.?It bares looking into by the Tennessee authorities.?

When he passed way another writer contacted Faye and she imparted to him that Ed seemed upset upon returning from the debate in Chattanooga back in 1984. Was Ed aware of Victor Ashe and George W. Bush's bisexual behavior? Perhaps that is what upset him so.

Unfortunately he didn't get the chance to tell us what he witnessed that night that upset him or if he remembered talking with the Las Vegas woman.

The Las Vegas woman was paid $15,000 to arrange sexual liaisons involving bisexual men for George W. Bush (then private citizen) and Victor Ashe (then a Tennessee State Senator). These adulterous bisexual affairs (3 encounters in all-3 different cities) took place in the state of Tennessee during the 1984 senate debates between, Al Gore, Jr., Victor Ashe and Ed McAteer. An African-American woman was invited to participate in this adulterous sexual encounter with George W. Bush and Victor Ashe immediately following the Chattanooga senatorial debate. This woman was paid $1,500. A few years later the Las Vegas woman was detained in Washington D.C. with Victor Ashe by the Metro D.C. police. She was released but Victor was taken into custody.

So confident was this woman that Ed would have remembered her [and their meeting] she had finally come forward and was prepared to tell it all. She will swear to the authenticity of what is being imparted here, which is the reason that we built this website so we could get this information out to you.

Bush & Co. will no doubt tell the world she's insane, politically motivated thus concocting this for smear reasons. She is of sound mind and body and welcomes all inquires from the mainstream media. This woman deeply laments not having come forward back in 2000 when then Governor Bush was running for the highest office in the land against [ironically] Vice President Al Gore, Jr.

Disclosure of George W. Bush's adulterous bisexual behavior will only happen if the American public demand answers. Contact your local news organizations demanding that this truth be revealed and not go the way of his Texas Air National Guard records.

Direct all media inquires to [email protected]

UPDATE June 5, 2006 The woman in question is Leola McConnell. She is the Liberal Democratic candidate for Governor of Nevada in 2006
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 11:19 am
I don't put any value in this kind of smear inventive reporting.

BTW,

You dems can now take Zarqawi off your list of hopefuls in "08"...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 11:27 am
John Kerry won't have a pen pal anymore in the middle east. We are running out of traitors to wire tap. Maybe the war on terror is being finally won? So the dems were on the wrong side of history as the repubs have been saying all along. This next election is going to be a landslide for the repubs.

FAREWELL TO THE FLIP-FLOPS!
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 12:11 pm
RexRed wrote:

BTW,

Gee, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Red. But don't worry. If he rises from the dead again, George can kill him one more time!

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 11:40 pm
Magginkat wrote:
RexRed wrote:

BTW,

Gee, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Red. But don't worry. If he rises from the dead again, George can kill him one more time!

Absence makes the heart rejoice. George will cry all the way to the republican primary...
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 11:16 am
George is incapable of crying! He is heartless, soulless and a few more 'lesses'!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 12:19 pm
Magginkat wrote:
George is incapable of crying! He is heartless, soulless and a few more 'lesses'!

I agree! How many tears has "George" Soros purchased from the democratic part over the last few years?

But I am sure GS wept as the millions flew out the Kerry campaign window due to the fickle, intuitive and "loyal" American voters.

There are a few "lesses" there, as in "less" dollars to spend on his destroy America agenda.

That is what he gets for backing a "dead horse". You radical dems need to sink back into obscurity where you belong.

Special interest? No thanks, it gives me gas...

Just look at how bloated Hillary has been looking lately.

Although I did like what Hillary had to say about video games and kids the other day. But she shines so rarely, I have little or no faith in her politics. But I do (for once) admire how she has for years stuck to her guns about the adverse effects of video games on adolescents.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6081268.html

I don't think society has a "right" to corrupt childrens minds. I don't know how Hillary ended up on the right side of this video game debate but as a fair, non partisan moderate, I must give Hillary my absolute support on this one. Let's see some extensive research on the effects of computers in the class rooms and game violence on youngsters.

Computers have come rapidly into our society YET, are they harmful to young children? Selective praises to Hillary Clinton for her strong stand on this issue over the years. There must be a big fat pay check at the end of this special interest rainbow or maybe Hillary actually can have a heart and stand for something right.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/425171p-358557c.html

I am a hard core gamer yet I still understand that maturity comes with age and not just simply exposure.

Children don't need to be raped of their innocence at such young ages by trashy video games. Then they grow up feeling their youth was stolen from them and you get a generally resentful and crime oriented society.

Children need to learn by seeing nature and not necessarily through a computer screen. Real waterfalls and not just waterfall wallpapers.

I love my computer but i remember how nature impacted me as a child and I would be saddened to think that children are not given the same opportunity to explore and directly learn from it.

Today many school field trips are to theme parks or museums instead of just going for a walk in the back field. You can learn more from a field on a beautiful day than a day at a theme park.

Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 10:20 pm
Counties won by Gore: 677
Counties won by Bush: 2436
Population of counties won by Gore: 127 Million
Population of counties won by Bush: 143 Million
Square miles of country won by Gore: 580,000
Square miles of country won by Bush: 2,427,000
States won by Gore: 19
States won by Bush: 29
Source: USA Today

National Popular Vote for Gore 50,996,116
National Popular Vote for Bush 50,456,169
Electoral Votes for Gore 266
Electoral Votes for Bush 271
Source: AP 12/22/2000

Fact or Fiction about Al Gore

FICTION: Al Gore recently claimed that his mother-in-law pays more than $100.00 for the arthritis medicine Lodine; and he claims that his dog takes the same medicine for $37.00, claiming "This is wrong!"
FACT: Gore's aides were quick to apologize for Gore's lie, saying the information was from a Democratic study. Washington newspapers also reported that Al Gore wasn't even sure his mother-in-law was taking any medication at all and wasn't even sure she had arthritis. And, he doesn't know anything about his dog's "arthritis".

FICTION: Al Gore said his father, a senator, was a champion of civil rights during the 1960's.
FACT: Gore's father voted against the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 and was a racist who was fond of using the "N----" word.

FICTION: Al Gore said that his sister was the very first person to join the Peace Corps.
FACT: By the time Gore's sister joined the Peace Corps, there were already over 100 members.

FICTION: The same sister died of lung cancer years later and Gore vowed to never accept tobacco money as campaign contributions.
FACT: Just four years later, while campaigning for office, Gore spoke to the tobacco industry and said he was one of them because "I've planted it, raised it, cut it, and dried it." He raised over $100,000 in "reported" Big Tobacco contributions.

FICTION: While running for office, Gore's campaign literature claimed he was a "Brilliant Student".
FACT: Washington newspapers said he barely passed Harvard and consistently earned D's and C's.

FICTION: Gore claims an extensive knowledge of law as a result of his extensive study at law school.
FACT: Al Gore dropped out of law school.

FICTION: Gore claimed that his knowledge of God and spirituality came to complete fruition while "finishing" divinity school.
FACT: Al Gore dropped out of divinity school.

FICTION: Al Gore claimed responsibility for inventing the Internet in the 1990's.
FACT: Shocked scientists were quick to speak out, explaining that the Internet had been in widespread use by government and educational institutions since the early 1970's.

FICTION: Al Gore claimed the book "Love Story" was based on his life and Tipper's.
FACT: Author Erich Segal called a press conference to deny his claim. (Couldn't he at least lie about a love story where his sweetheart doesn't die?"

FICTION: Gore claimed that as a reporter for a Nashville newspaper, his stories led to the arrests of numerous corrupt criminals.
FACT: He later apologized for his claim and actually said it was untrue (Also known as lying).

FICTION: Gore claims to increase diversity in the staff that follows him daily, especially among blacks.
FACT: Black members of the Secret Service are suing because they claim they are not being promoted to positions guarding theVice-President.

FICTION: Al Gore said he was the first to discover the Love Canal nuclear accident.
FACT: The incident was already discovered, being investigated, and covered widely in the press for many months before Gore was even aware of it.

FICTION: Gore said just recently that if elected president, he would put harsh sanctions on the sleazy producers of Hollywood's extreme sex and violence.
FACT: Just six days later, Gore attended a fundraiser by Hollywood producers and radical gay activists where he told them that he would only pretend to "nudge them" if elected. He raised over $4 million in campaign contributions.

FICTION: Al Gore said he built his Tennessee home with his bare hands.
FACT: Totally untrue!

FICTION: Al Gore says parents should not have a choice between private and public schools because public schools are far better.
TRUTH: Al Gore attended private school and he has sent his children to private schools.

FICTION: Al Gore remembers his mother lulling him to sleep as a baby by singing the popular ditty, "Wear The Union Label".
FACT: The popular ditty was created by the unions when Gore was 27 years old.

FICTION: Al Gore claimed to co-sponsor the McCain-Feingold Campaign Reform Act.
FACT: The Act was not sponsored until he had been out of office for over a year.

FICTION: Al Gore claims to be instrumental in keeping gas prices low.
FACT: Gore has voted on numerous occasions to raise the tax on gasoline. In his book "Earth In The Balance" Gore claims that the nation's Number One enemy is the internal combustion engine. (That's the motor in your vehicle that gets you to work and takes your kids to school.)

FICTION: Gore pretends to champion the rights of poor women to be tested regularly for breast cancer with the most modern technology.
FACT: While giving a speech on the subject in September, Gore didn't know what a mammogram was.

FICTION: AL Gore promised Florida's senior citizens that they would finally have low-cost drugs with no interference from government.
FACT: Gore's plan calls for the creation of a huge federal agency that would tell you which doctor you are allowed to see in order to get the "special rates".

FACT: Al Gore told NBC's Lisa Meyers that he had never told a lie. When Meyers pressed harder, "You've never told a lie?!" Gore said, "Not that I know of." (DOES THAT SOUND FAMILIAR?)

Reprinted from the Internet News Bureau article "Al Gore's 21 Lies"

Comment:
Haircut at the mall: $10.00

Suit off the rack: $300.00

Losing the presidential election
Because nineteen thousand of
your supporters are too damned
stupid to fill out their ballots properly: Priceless
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 12:12 am
Rex the Unread wrote:

FICTION: Al Gore claimed responsibility for inventing the Internet in the 1990's.
FACT: Shocked scientists were quick to speak out, explaining that the Internet had been in widespread use by government and educational institutions since the early 1970's.

Sir, you are a liar.

Al Gore never said he invented the internet. He said he " took the initiative in creating the Internet." Which the lefgislation he sponsored did-it created the network which we now call the internet.

And the internet was never in use in the 1970's. Far from it.

It is truly disheartening that people like yourself go online and use the internet to spread utter rubbish, and actually expect anyone to respect them after they do it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 12:26 am
kelticwizard wrote:
Rex the Unread wrote:

Sir, you are a liar.

Al Gore never said he invented the internet. He said he " took the initiative in creating the Internet." Which the lefgislation he sponsored did-it created the network which we now call the internet.

And the internet was never in use in the 1970's. Far from it.

It is truly disheartening that people like yourself go online and use the internet to spread utter rubbish, and actually expect anyone to respect them after they do it.

At most, you can accuse him of exaggeration, not lying, since his opinion, even if not 100% correct has a strong basis in fact. Do you have any comment on all the other quotes he attributes to Gore?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 01:03 am
http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,18390,00.html

What did HW Bush mean by "a thousand points of light" ?

This excerpt below is from here:
http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue5_10/wiggins/

Clearly, then, if we take Gore literally at his word, he could not have "taken the initiative in creating the Internet." As the ARPANET moved from research to deployment, Gore was finishing college and serving in the Army in Vietnam. From 1976 to 1985, Gore served in the House of Representatives. From 1985 to 1992, he served in the Senate. The record shows that his interest in national computer networking issues became acute during his years in the Senate - when the Internet clearly was fully in operation.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 07:50 am
And to continue to the next paragraph from the link that Red Rex provided................................

Gore has been effectively estopped from engaging in serious discussion of Internet issues from the perspective of a politician who knew and cared about the evolution of the national information infrastructure. The 2000 Presidential campaign has been deprived of debate and discourse that could have been informative and beneficial to the Internet community and the citizenry at large.

One might see these consequences as the natural - and deserved - outcome of Gore's own exaggeration. There is only one problem with this evaluation. It simply isn't true. Just as Rick never said "Play it again, Sam," in Casablanca, Al Gore never claimed to have "invented the Internet." That simple fact apparently isn't important to the journalists and comedians who repeat the claim.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 07:53 am
Quote:
Brandon9000 At most, you can accuse him of exaggeration, not lying, since his opinion, even if not 100% correct has a strong basis in fact. Do you have any comment on all the other quotes he attributes to Gore?

A strong basis in fact? That's republican for bald faced lie !
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 03:16 pm
Magginkat wrote:
And to continue to the next paragraph from the link that Red Rex provided................................

Gore has been effectively estopped from engaging in serious discussion of Internet issues from the perspective of a politician who knew and cared about the evolution of the national information infrastructure. The 2000 Presidential campaign has been deprived of debate and discourse that could have been informative and beneficial to the Internet community and the citizenry at large.

One might see these consequences as the natural - and deserved - outcome of Gore's own exaggeration. There is only one problem with this evaluation. It simply isn't true. Just as Rick never said "Play it again, Sam," in Casablanca, Al Gore never claimed to have "invented the Internet." That simple fact apparently isn't important to the journalists and comedians who repeat the claim.

Gore enhanced the internet greatly but it was HW Bush who signed the appropriate documents to open the internet to civilians... (If I am not mistaken)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 03:25 pm
And Nancy Reagan endowed astrology along with $1,000 per plate china. Anyone for phrenology?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 03:41 pm
dyslexia wrote:
And Nancy Reagan endowed astrology along with $1,000 per plate china. Anyone for phrenology?

I heard that once...

Well that's Hollywood for ya.

At least it wasn't scientology...
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 04:35 pm
Wiggins wrote:
As the ARPANET moved from research to deployment, Gore was finishing college and serving in the Army in Vietnam.

Irrelevant.

The ARPANET is not the internet.

Wiggins is a nice scholar, but he is one of these people who, if they were writing about who invented the automobile, would devote several paragraphs to which ancient invented the wheel. Then several more paragraphs to who invented the axle. Then some more discussion on who vulcanized rubber to make tires possible. By the end of the essay, the reader would be left with the impression that nobody invented the automobile, it was 200 different guys.

Al Gore sponsored the legislation which commissioned the National Science Foundation to set up a huge, purely civilian computer network. The network that was set up is now called the internet. And that happened in the late eighties. So much for the notion that the internet was in use in the seventies.
0 Replies