layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 08:49 am
@layman,
On March 10 Trump tweeted:

Quote:
Pocahontas, working in conjunction with the Democrat Party, totally destroyed the campaign of Bernie Sanders. If she would have quit 3 days earlier, Sanders would have beaten Biden in a route, it wouldn’t even have been close. They also got two other losers to support Sleepy Joe!
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 08:52 am
@revelette3,
The Dem ticket will end up being Clinton/Clinton.

Hilly for Pres., Billy-boy for VP.

Now that's a ticket that ALL deluded cheese-eaters would get behind, eh!?

It would be a diverse ticket. Hilly would be munchin carpet in the Oval Office while Billy was up in the Lincoln Bedroom bangin baby bimbos.

And, don't forget, Billy was the first black president.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:00 am
@layman,
Just remember Hillary outvoted trump by 3 million votes, and we haven't forgotten we got the loser as prez. Won't happen again.
layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:00 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Just remember Hillary outvoted trump by 3 million votes, and we haven't forgotten we got the loser as prez. Won't happen again.

I agree. It won't even be close this time around.
blatham

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:01 am
@revelette3,
However this all plays out, I want her in the very top levels of a Dem administration. Getting the economy running and rebuilding everything the GOP has decimated will be a huge under-taking.
blatham

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:05 am
Quote:
Todd Shepherd
@shepherdreports
· 2h
McConnell just said on @hughhewitt that impeachment diverted the attention of the government in Jan while virus was developing. - paraphrasing but thrust is correct

It was pretty obvious these clowns would try this one.
layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:07 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

However this all plays out, I want her in the very top levels of a Dem administration. Getting the economy running and rebuilding everything the GOP has decimated will be a huge under-taking.

Hahahaha. Announcing Warren as being in charge of fiscal matters would ruin the economy in a matters of weeks, if not days.

Remember all the cheese-eatin prophets (you know, the ones who said Hillary would win by 20 points)? They predicted a stock market crash if Trump was elected. The opposite happened, and it never quit until the Kung Flu came alone. Not to worry. Trump will revive it soon.
blatham

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:19 am
Quote:
David B. Larter
@DavidLarter
· 2h
I've never seen anything like this.

Captain of Theodore Roosevelt pens a four-page letter pleading for resources, says the situation is rapidly spinning out of control as nearly 200 sailors test positive: https://sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Exclusive-Captain-of-aircraft-carrier-with-15167883.php

An example of how many unique circumstances we aren't even likely to think about are highly relevant to this pandemic. How many naval vessels (not just American) and other shipping vessels are incubating the virus?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:20 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Remember all the cheese-eatin prophets (you know, the ones who said Hillary would win by 20 points)? They predicted a stock market crash if Trump was elected. The opposite happened, and it never quit until the Kung Flu came alone. Not to worry. Trump will revive it soon.

The Panama Canal was probably the greatest engineering feat in history. Sure, over 30,000 poor saps died building it, but, by God, we gotter done.

Who was Prez then? Teddy Roosevelt, the rough rider, as I recall. A venturous spirit, just like Trump. Nothing great is ever achieved without a lot of people dying, ya know?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:29 am
@blatham,
One silver lining for the Democrats this year.

They'll have 4 more years to do nothing in congress except trying to impeach Trump.

They really only thrive in one area: HATE. They'll be like a pig in slop, ya know?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:42 am
@revelette3,
I agree with all of this.

The only reason it's 15% of Sander's supporters versus 10-12% seen in 2016 is because Sanders support has dropped by 35%, so the same number of Bernie or Busters represents a larger percentage.

Joe Biden will win based on greater turnout and those BOB idiots will be more than nullified.
layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:59 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
The only reason it's 15% of Sander's supporters versus 10-12% seen in 2016 is because Sanders support has dropped by 35%,

25%, not 10-12%, voted for Trump in 2016.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 11:02 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
Joe Biden will win based on greater turnout and those BOB idiots will be more than nullified.

Biden does not have a chance. Only 24% of the Democratic party are excited about him and his campaign. That is a pitiful percentage but matches up good with a pitiful and senile candidate.
layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 11:05 am
@layman,
Quote:
The mood on the left following former Vice President Joe Biden's besting of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I–Vt.) in Tuesday's primaries is one of defiance and scorn about the way the most establishment candidate pretty much always wins in Democratic Party politics. Many are rejecting the idea that it's now their duty to vote for Biden and are pledging not to back Biden should he get the party's nomination, which now seems very likely.

https://reason.com/2020/03/11/salty-sanders-supporters-say-they-wont-settle-for-biden/
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 11:06 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Biden does not have a chance. Only 24% of the Democratic party are excited about him and his campaign. That is a pitiful percentage but matches up good with a pitiful and senile candidate.

And 26% said they are "not excited at all," eh? About 50% said they were "somewhat" excited.
layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 11:10 am
@layman,
To this day, as far as I know, the liberals' hero, Obama, has refused to endorse Biden. What's that tell ya?
oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 11:13 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
@shepherdreports wrote:
McConnell just said on @hughhewitt that impeachment diverted the attention of the government in Jan while virus was developing. - paraphrasing but thrust is correct

It was pretty obvious these clowns would try this one.

You are always a week behind in your "I think what that guy thinks" game because you are claiming to think what the wrong people think.

You'd trick a lot more people into believing that you are an intellectual if you just told everyone that you think what I think.

https://able2know.org/topic/468987-833#post-6976097

https://able2know.org/topic/355218-4159#post-6976832
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 11:22 am
@layman,
Quote:
Why Hasn’t Obama Endorsed Biden?

Ryan Lizza wrote, “Back when Sanders seemed like more of a threat than he does now, Obama said privately that if Bernie were running away with the nomination, Obama would speak up to stop him. Lizza’s report seems a little unsure of itself, though:

When it comes to Sanders, I asked one close adviser whether Obama would really lay himself on the line to prevent a Sanders nomination. “I can’t really confirm that,” the adviser said. “He hasn’t said that directly to me. The only reason I’m hesitating at all is because, yeah, if Bernie were running away with it, I think maybe we would all have to say something. But I don’t think that’s likely. It’s not happening.” (Another close Obama friend said, “Bernie’s not a Democrat.”)

What are the possibilities here? Were Obama to fully embrace Joe Biden, complete with campaigning and advertising, Biden would presumably become the front-runner. Does Obama lack confidence in Biden’s abilities? Has Obama made his peace with the Democratic Party’s (and maybe the country’s) taking a sharp leftward turn? (Joe Biden’s claim that he asked Obama not to endorse him is an obvious lie that no reporter, as far as I know, has pressed him about.)

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-dog-that-didnt-bark/

" Does Obama lack confidence in Biden’s abilities?" He'd be an even bigger fool than he already is if he had any confidence in Joey's abilities, eh? He KNOWS the boy.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 11:47 am
@layman,
Yep, biden will whup Treasonous Trump/.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 11:48 am
13 "very excited" Biden supporters took to the streets in Philadelphia last week. They were chanting:

"Ho, Ho, vote for Joe!

Hee, hee, not Burnie!"

Nobody paid any attention, so they soon all went home.