oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 11:40 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
If the president didn't spend most of February downplaying Coronavirus, the US might not be so behind in testing. I am glad he has decided to take it seriously at last.

By my recollection the President spent the beginning of the pandemic defending himself from frivolous impeachment charges.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 11:41 pm
@layman,
coldjoint wrote:
revelette3 wrote:
If the president didn't spend most of February downplaying Coronavirus, the US might not be so behind in testing. I am glad he has decided to take it seriously at last.
One more time. The presidents early travel ban on China saved our ass. Give credit where it is due. Any downplaying was made worse by people and the media for the purpose of defeating Trump. They do not give a **** about the people, and it shows.
layman wrote:
Bingo, CJ:
Quote:
Neither Biden Nor Sanders Would Have Saved American Lives With Travel Bans Like Trump Did

On Jan. 31, 2020, the Trump administration announced that foreign nationals who had traveled to China in the past 14 days would be denied entry into the United States. Since then, most medical experts, as well as ordinary Americans, have viewed Trump's prophylactic travel ban from China as a life-saving decision that slowed the spread of the Wuhan virus in the United States.

But few realize that Trump's call was a tough one that went against the bureaucratic academic models crafted to help inform his decision....Cuccinelli further stressed that "the president was well aware" that the existing models recommended against a China travel ban but that Trump nonetheless instituted the ban.

...Biden offered other similar criticism of the president's handling of the Wuhan virus, saying, "This is no time for Donald Trump's record of hysteria and xenophobia, hysterical xenophobia, to uh, and fearmongering."...Biden's recently unveiled position statement on responding to the Wuhan virus made no mention of a travel ban, indicating that Biden, like his remaining primary opponent, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, opposes temporarily closing U.S. borders to protect Americans. Sanders, explicitly said in an interview with Fox News' Bret Baier that he would not close the borders.

There is no way Biden, Sanders, or any other potential Democratic president would have gone against the academic models' conclusion to leave open travel from China. And there is no way a Democratic commander in chief would unilaterally cut off travel from the EU to put Americans first.

President Trump did. And he saved countless lives in doing so.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/19/neither-biden-nor-sanders-would-have-saved-american-lives-with-travel-bans-like-trump-did/
https://dailytorch.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/01-Corona-Plan-DT-990.jpg
https://dailytorch.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/05-Biden-Covid-Plan-DT-990.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 12:40 am
As usual, Oralloy posts egregious bullsh*t. The Senate voted not to convict on February 5. On February 10, Plump told reporters that "we" think it will be gone by the end of the spring. He then began a litany of false statements, and dismissive remarks, including claims that it was "fake news" and a hoax perpetrated by the Democrats. Of course, his lickspittles at Fox News and in right-wing media parroted that idiocy. It was not until March 13 that a national emergency was declared. The fat boy in the White House continued to suggest it was a hoax perpetrated by his enemies.

He's a lying piece of ****, and I guarantee you he doesn't care how many Americans die of this disease.
oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 12:50 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
As usual, Oralloy posts egregious bullsh*t.

You are not capable of providing any examples of anything untrue in any of my posts.

Setanta wrote:
The Senate voted not to convict on February 5.

As I said, the President spent the beginning of the pandemic being impeached on frivolous charges.
Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 12:53 am
@oralloy,
You're full of sh*t. I point out you errors on a regular basis. You're just incapable of acknowledging your errors.
Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 12:54 am
The lying piece of sh*t remark referred to the fat boy in the White House. In your case, I consider you to be seriously deluded, yours more of a mental health problem.
oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 01:03 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You're full of sh*t.

Your inability to point out any errors in my posts shows otherwise.

Setanta wrote:
I point out you errors on a regular basis.

You cannot provide any examples of a post where you have ever pointed out an untrue statement in my posts.

Setanta wrote:
You're just incapable of acknowledging your errors.

That is incorrect. I always admit it when I am in error.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 01:04 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
The lying piece of sh*t remark referred to the fat boy in the White House.

Ah. Understood. And edited to reflect that new knowledge.

Setanta wrote:
In your case, I consider you to be seriously deluded, yours more of a mental health problem.

Your failure to point out anything untrue in my posts speaks for itself.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 01:32 am
@georgeob1,
You're not paying attention. What I am saying is: beware whom you hate, because it says a lot about you. In the case of Lash, I don't mind her loving Sanders, i love him too... But her obsessional hatred of Clinton is unhealthy. Likewise, hisporsche 'feeling sick' about Sanders is unhealthy.

Such petty intercine hatred is politically ominous for the left in November, which is why you like it I suspect.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 01:51 am
@maporsche,
A precision: Sanders is ethnically Jewish, although indeed he does not follow judaism.

It's just hard for me to believe your aledged ignorance. The fact that most of his family died in the Holocaust has been common knowledge, for instance.

If you gona feel sick in your little tommy about someone, at least have the decency to pay attention to who that person is and what he says, rather than invent yourself a skapegoat based on what others say about him.

The guy who churns up your stomach is not really Bernie Sanders. It's in fact no other than Emmanuel Goldstein... You have been indoctrinated to hate him.
layman

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 02:17 am
I just regret that Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, and Chuckie Schumer have lost the spotlight. Their hatred was so entertaining to watch.

Go get them Justices, Chuckie!
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 02:20 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
I’m just asking, where did all this [at the very least] resentment come from? It’s not healthy, it’s not rational either. There’s something there.

Other people's anger can often appear irrational. Or perhaps anger is always at some distance from rationality. But that "it" isn't anti-Semitism at work. Fran Lebowitz, for example, does not like Bernie.

Whatever it is, it's clearly irrational, unhealthy, and a problem going forward into the general.
oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 02:49 am
@Olivier5,
It doesn't matter all that much anyway.

Mr. Trump is going to be reelected regardless of who the Democrats nominate. All the Democratic nominee is going to need to do is be able to deliver a satisfactory concession speech.

I think the ideal Democratic concession speech is one that is short and unmemorable so we can focus all of our attention on Mr. Trump's continued leadership.
layman

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 03:10 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Mr. Trump is going to be reelected regardless of who the Democrats nominate.

Yeah, and if it's intense, visceral HATRED you wanna see, just wait until then, eh?

The cheese-eaters will be falling over themselves to be the first to declare that Trump's wife and young son should both be gang-raped, and then tortured to death.
blatham

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 04:39 am
@Olivier5,
You get this would be so regardless of who the candidate might be?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:10 am
@Olivier5,
I feel like you must still be drunk upon waking. Did you read my response? I had a whole paragraph (the very first one even) where I explained, clearly that my distaste for WHAT (not “who”) Sanders has done to the country is based on his actions and his words and the many things he’s done while campaigning.

Who is Emmanuel Goldstein?
maporsche

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:11 am
@Olivier5,
It would only be a problem if it were Bernie going forward into the general.

He won’t be.
hightor

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:26 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
I had a whole paragraph (the very first one even) where I explained, clearly that my distaste for WHAT (not “who”) Sanders has done to the country is based on his actions and his words and the many things he’s done while campaigning.

Someone actually suggests that before you decide you don't like a politician's policies — or campaign style — you're morally compelled to study his biography??? And if he's an agnostic of Jewish heritage, dislike of his policies means you're an anti-semite? Really???
maporsche

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:27 am
Bernie Sanders deserves a long life filled with love from his family, his fans, and as long as he’s able and willing he will have influence in the Senate.

Good for him; I hope he looks back on his life and is happy with what he’s been able to accomplish. He deserves the best in this world and he’s done more than most, even those who started with more.

There is zero hate in my heart for Bernie Sanders.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:28 am
@hightor,
Yeah, I’m glad I’m not the only one who finds that a bit.....odd.
0 Replies