Any Suggestions on What Can Be Winning [Strategy] For Democrats?

Blickers

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 09:28 pm
@Used2bgood,
Quote Used2bgood:
Quote:
Raising taxes on the wealthy ...... Let's see how that is working out. Oh ya, industry has moved over seas and the working class is .... well not working!
Georgeob1 and the rest of the Republicans say that employment is so good that the minimum wage is a moot point. Now you say that working class people are not working. Will you folks please make up your mind what you're criticizing?

Quote Used:
Quote:
Lets see, my medicare (that I have paid for) has been renamed as a entitlement
Republicans call Medicare an entitlement. Democrats never do. If you want the term "entitlement" never to be used again by political leaders, vote Democrat.

Quote Used:
Quote:
Democrates now force the working person into paying,
Hah! So you really aren't concerned with polticians messing with your Medicare, you actually never wanted Medicare in the first place!!

Your not a regular retired working stiff who wants Medicare to be the way it always was or as close to it as possible, you're a libertarian troll who never wanted the whole program to exist at all. The way Medicare always existed is that you had to pay into it, so if you're kvetching about the mandatory payment then you are fundamentally opposed to the program in its entirety.

Fraud.

oralloy

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 09:39 pm
@Blickers,
By my recollection it was Obama, not the Republicans, who slashed half a trillion dollars from Medicare.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 10:02 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
who slashed half a trillion dollars from Medicare.

They took the money to fund the ACA. Obamacare.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 10:12 pm
@Blickers,

^^^^^^
Quote:
Fraud.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 08:54 am
@Blickers,
Overall employment is better now than it has been in over 20 years. Under Obama the unemployment rate remained high and the workforce participation rate declined steadily. Now both measures are improved , unemployment rate is down and the workforce participation rate is higher. The latter is more significant in that it means that many who had given up on seeking employment have returned to the workforce.

Sectors of low employment rates for former industrial workers remain in several areas of the country. Trump's efforts are in part an attempt to reverse that as well.

Medicaid and Medicare are properly called "entitlements" in that the law provides no governmental discretion in granting these benefits once eligibility is established. This has nothing whatever to do with Democrats or Republicans.
Blickers
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 09:43 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
the workforce participation rate is higher.

Labor force participation rate, (the Republicans' favorite economic statistic), is largely baloney. Whether the economy GAINS 5 Million jobs in one month or LOSES 5 Million jobs in one month, it stays the same. Now what use is that kind of statistic? Yet the Republicans just keep quoting it over and over ad nauseum.

When you and the rest of the GOP finally figure out that gaining jobs is not the same as losing jobs, you can come back and talk. Until then, your economic analysis is the cause of high hilarity.

Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
Overall employment is better now than it has been in over 20 years.

And almost all of it is due to Obama. Check the chart:

https://i.imgur.com/XgiORVr.jpg

The only credit Trump gets is for not ruining the jobs recovery that Obama started when he began stopping Bush's jobs disaster as soon as he took office. Within a year the jobs started coming back and that has continued under Trump.

You'd think Trump would find time during one of his tweets to give Obama a big shout out for giving him such a great head start in his term. But no. Trump and his followers actually think the economy was failing under Obama and their hero Trump flew in with his cape and leotards and saved it. Simpletons.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm
Quote:
Trump and his followers

know that voters don't care how it got that way, as much as they want it to continue that way and will vote for a president that does that.
Real Music

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 01:38 pm
@coldjoint,
1. Are you agreeing with the validity of Blicker's last post?

2. Or are you disagreeing with the validity of Blicker's last post?
coldjoint

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 03:16 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
Or are you disagreeing with the validity of Blicker's last post?

I do not trust the validity of anything he says. I thought I had given that impression.
Real Music

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 04:36 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I do not trust the validity of anything he says. I thought I had given that impression.

Based on your previous post I got the impression that you actually agreed with Blicker's last post. The following is a recap of your previous post. I underlined what you had posted:

Trump and his followers
know that voters don't care how it got that way, as much as they want it to continue that way and will vote for a president that does that

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 04:48 pm
@coldjoint,
Here's some additional data that I posted on another thread.

Barack Obama rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years

https://www.good.is/articles/obamas-achievements-in-office
coldjoint

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 04:51 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:

Barack Obama rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years

He also ignored the inner cities and gave terrorism a jump start to level it is at today. Minus who Trump has killed. Obama was a traitor and he will have no legacy but treason.
Real Music

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 04:57 pm
@coldjoint,
1. So, are you agreeing with the validty of Blicker's and my last post?

2. Or, are you disagreeing with the validity of Blicker's and my last post?
coldjoint

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 05:02 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
1. So, are you agreeing with the validty of Blicker's and my last post?

I do not agree with either of you on almost anything. That should answer your question.
Real Music

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 05:06 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I do not agree with either of you on almost anything. That should answer your question.

That's all you had to say.
Obviously I disagree with you.
I suspect that you already knew that.

By the way. if you truly disagree with someone I suggest to you to not imply that you actually agree with that person. That leaves others to believe that you don't know what you believe. On the other hand, you may actually agree with the validity of the points we made and just don't want to admit it.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 05:22 pm
@Real Music,

Quote:
That's all you had to say.

You are giving me a headache.
Real Music

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 05:50 pm
@coldjoint,
Okay. I'm moving on.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 05:52 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
I'm moving on.

From what I have seen, I doubt it.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 09:02 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Overall employment is better now than it has been in over 20 years. Under Obama the unemployment rate remained high and the workforce participation rate declined steadily. Now both measures are improved , unemployment rate is down and the workforce participation rate is higher. The latter is more significant in that it means that many who had given up on seeking employment have returned to the workforce.

Working two jobs to make ends meet shouldn't qualify how overall unemployment figures are calculated. People are forced to work two jobs because minimum wage isn't a living wage. I'm not talking fast food joints, it's the men and women who are the backbone of this Country working in the skilled manufacturing sector that makes CEO's rich and keeps worker wages low. The only significant factor here is people have to work 60-70 hrs per week to afford basic necessities such as housing, food and utilities.
layman

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2018 07:23 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Working two jobs to make ends meet shouldn't qualify how overall unemployment figures are calculated. People are forced to work two jobs because minimum wage isn't a living wage.

Even assuming that's the explanation for the vastly improved job numbers (which it aint), then at least second jobs are now available. Based on the way you put it ("living wage"), people must have dying from starvation before.