Survivor 10: Palau

husker

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:58 am
crap there go my chance for about $95.00
well my daughter has Ian - and I paid her entry fee!
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 03:47 pm
It's hard not to like Ian but he sure made a chucklehead move picking Tom to go with him after the reward challenge. He should have picked ANYONE but Tom, in my opinion. I agree there was some heavy editing going on because the turnaround from Jenn definitely the next to go, to a seeming woman's alliance, to Ian getting the axe, to Katie getting ousted and then at the end, Caryn seemingly shoots herself in the foot and everyone votes her off in reprisal.

I'm still picking Tom and Ian in the final 2 but I agree that Tom is very vulnerable if he doesn't win 2 more immunities.

<Is there a chance we could just oust these final 4 and give the million to Stephanie just for her sheer grit?>
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 06:03 pm
Quote:
<Is there a chance we could just oust these final 4 and give the million to Stephanie just for her sheer grit?>

I'm am so calling CBS right now.....

Joe(I can stand on a stump till they see it our way.)Nation
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:21 pm
sozobe wrote:
Why do you think Caryn knew she was gone? I could believe that if Jenn somehow knew to vote for her, Caryn knew she was gone, but the way it was edited, it seemed more like it was a result of her tantrum. That would make sense for Ian and Tom and maybe Katie, but can't see it making sense for Jenn.

I think she saw the Tom/Ian/Katie handwriting on the wall and like she said she's "had it up to here" so she decided to just let her frustration loose. I agree about Jenn, maybe Katie had a sidebar with her and let her in on the Tom ousting plan; then Ian and she would be free to bounce Jenn next. Of course immunity could ruin any and all plans. I think they're (Ian/Katie) are planning for any type of scenario and worked the Jenn angle and convinced her to write Karyn's name at TC. Taking out Tom's ally to guarantees his departure should he not win immunity because I don't see Tom being able to win Jenn over. It's all speculation but plausible I think.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:11 pm
Here is my fearless prediction:

Tom, Ian, Katie and Jenn.

Tom wins two immunities, picks Katie, he wins 1million.

or.....
Ian wins two immunities, picks Jenn, he wins 1 million

or

um

there are four times three times two times one possibilities which is only twenty four, but here is the wackiest:

Jenn wins first immunity,
Katie is voted off.
Ian wins next immunity
picks Jenn

She wins.

Joe(good luck with your picks) Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:16 pm
Godam these two guys are T O U G H !!

Seven Hours on a buoy!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:38 pm
WHAT??? WHAT??? WAS IT ON TONIGHT??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:40 pm
It's on tonight.

It's Tom and Katie.

("NOOOOOOOOOOO" redux.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:41 pm
Can someone tell me what happened so far?

(Oh I'm so annoyed! How did this happen?)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 08:09 pm
Jeff said Ian gave up the chance or something? What happened?

(Do they replay these things?)
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 08:51 pm
I'm burning to DVD
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 09:00 pm
The Janu thing was sweet.

I missed the first 20 mins or so of the reunion, never saw Ian for example.

Evidently Jenn was voted off first, then Ian made some deal with someone -- Katie??

I'm SO glad Katie didn't win.

Between Tom and Ian I think Ian would've won. Grrr.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 09:08 pm
Guatemala looks interesting. Although living in ruins... is that, I dunno, respectful?

Guess they won't update the website for a while and nobody's filling me IN so I'll just have to wait 'til tomorrow to find out what happened.

<smiting self on forehead for somehow not realizing tonight was the finale... what happens when you watch 1 hour of network TV per week, I guess. But couldn't THEY have flogged the finale during the Thursday show? Maybe they did and I missed it. mumble grumble.>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 09:10 pm
One more comment, then bed:

Katie actually thinks she got there because of strategy, not because she's the obvious no-vote-getter? (ONE vote!!) Pff.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 01:11 am
sozobe:

You can read recaps of the show here:

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 08:13 am
I hadn't heard any announcement about the schedule change either but happened to spot something in yesterday's paper about it.

I was feeling crummy and taped most of it, not knowing if I'd be able to stay awake through the whole thing. I'd be happy to send you the tape soz but I didn't have captioning on so....

If you want, I'll send you the tape though!

You can at least see what a huge dofus Ian is.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 08:15 am
Ian slipped and said to Tom - I'm glad you won that immunity challenge otherwise I would have had a tough decision. Tom got all upset seeing that Ian was thinking of voting him off. Jenn then jumped and and said - yes Ian, Katie and I were going to vote you off if you lost the immunity challenge. Tom confronted Ian - he sputtered and never really concluded one way or the other.

At tribal council Tom and Jenn voted for Ian and Katie and Ian voted for Jenn. Jenn and Ian competed setting the fire thing like Bobby Jon and Steph. Ian won so Jenn was booted. At the final challenge after over 11 hours, Ian said I will step down if you take Katie to the final two. I was thinking about it and felt that I was wrong...blah, blah.

Overall this survivor was snore, snore boring.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 10:08 am
I just read the synopsis on the Survivor website:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/show/ep14/index.shtml

Thanks for the link, Debra.

Stupid stupid Ian. Sigh. He's right though that it's also stupid for Tom and Katie to get all upset. It's a game! Getting Tom out was his best chance, obviously. Ian vs. Katie, Ian would have won. Ian vs. Jenn, Ian probably would have won -- but in an immunity challenge of Ian vs. Katie and Jenn, Ian would've won.

It was smart of him to want to get out Tom, but STUPID of him to have said anything about it.

I wasn't right about much this time except that I thought they were angling for a strong winner. I think it was supposed to be Ian or Tom, sure wish it would've been Ian.

Sorry you've been feeling crummy, Boomer. Are you feeling better now? As it happens, the code for captions is on videos no matter what (not on burned DVDs, though), so if you sent it to me, if I had captions on, it would be captioned. But I think I've filled in the blanks (thanks, everyone!) and would just get mad at seeing Ian being dumb. I never like the saluting fallen comrades part, so not actually much I missed I guess. Thanks for thinking of me though!

What did Ian have to say for himself at the reunion?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 10:18 am
Those were good recaps, Debra, thanks. Got more on Ian. "No regrets."
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 10:24 am
I just happened to flick channels and catch it. They did a very crappy job in letting us know the finale was on!

I thought Ian was a doofus at the end and if he hadn't stepped out, would not only have lost to Tom anyway but would have left without his self-respect. At least he salvaged something at the end. Katie didn't deserve to even be in the final 5 never mind final 2 - slacker! Tom did play the best game and did deserve to win but I would have preferred Stephenie since I liked her the best.
0 Replies