The Prince does Toronto !!

goodfielder

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 08:10 am
For sure ehBeth.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 08:08 pm
goodfielder - you don't work for Nestle, do you?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 02:51 am
ehbeth's posts are like being back with her in Toronto again Smile
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 07:08 am
French fry! French fry! French fry!

I wanna hear all about it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 08:41 pm
Sorry, Sparky. It was cold out there, wasn't it. But it was fun - waving at the people in the buses, on the floats, walking in the parade.

Back into the Eaton Centre. A tourist attraction in its own right. Seriously. It gets a tourist attraction exemption to most day of rest closure laws here. It's a mall, but a rawther pretty one in some ways.

The Prince and I sort of drag, push each other through the mall for a bit. We've got a goal, Baton Rouge, but we both have a tiny penchant for getting distracted by pretty, shiny things - as well as pretty things with dimples.

We end up in the right spot for Baton Rouge, but a floor above it. Without too much more delay we head down a level. The elevator and escalator tempt, but we take the stairs. One virtuous moment in a weekend is a good thing.

Did I mention that The Prince knows how to shop? The question is - can he hand over the gifts he's picked out? Cool

ahhhhhhhhh, Baton Rouge. I love Baton Rouge. One of the only places in Tranna, well anywhere, that I'd trust to get a blue steak or burger at. I love Baton Rouge.

After a bit of a funny moment with a step up to the booth (The Prince is nothing if not a fine gentleman, thank you Mrs. The Prince's mom), we're settled and talking and examining the menu.

Mitchell arrives.

Mitchell advises us about the specials of the day. He's really kinda cute. We order beverages and our meals. I am soooooooo getting a blue burger! (cinnamon apples on the side - I learned to try those from Swimpy)

There's some decent music playing in the background. Not your standard shlock.

Mitchell arrives with our drinks, singing along, timing his stop at our table to the words " I must confess ...", and a lil sidelong glance at The Prince.

Oh my.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 08:51 pm
Gulp.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 08:54 pm
Hah.

Devil.

Go on...and on!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 09:10 pm
At the top of the menu at Baton Rouge, it says "time to get passionate about food" link

I think Mitchell is attempting to vary things a bit. Perhaps something along the lines of "time to get passionate with food".

Baton Rouge is a lovely restaurant. I've always been treated well there. I recognize a few servers, and we exchange greetings. To say that our table is being watched would be to understate things. Mitchell is solicitous. Mitchell is attentive. Mitchell would hand-feed The Prince given the opportunity.

Mitchell places The Prince's meal on the table with a flourish. My meal arrives, with a bit less flourish Cool My blue burger is magnificent, so I can accept that I am NOT the star at this table.

Talking, eating, laughing, sipping bevvies.

Oh, here's Mitchell.

"You dropped a french fry, sir." He shows The Prince the french fry, and dispatches it (or does he save it?).

I've never been in a restaurant where someone rushes over as a result of a dropped french fry. I suspect I'll never witness anything quite like this again. Is this perhaps just part of being out in public with The Prince? No. Zizi wasn't like this.

"Is he?"
"Oh yeah"
"Are you sure?
"Oh yeah"
"Really?"
"Oh yeah"
"Should I ask for his number?"
"Oh yeah"
"I couldn't"
"Should I do it?"
"Would you?"
"Oh yeah"
"Nooo"
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 09:13 pm
hehehe
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 09:22 pm
Smiling. I wanna go there too, if I ever get to visit. For the burger, in my case.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 12:37 am
Coo-eeee

from merry old England.

Catch ya laydr

McT
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:39 am
Ooh la la.

I adore true romance. Razz
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:55 am
I love it, ehBeth.

French fries and red sticks and Mitchell and Gautam.

Beats the hell out of "These are a Few of my Favorite Things." Razz
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:58 am
This episode is called "Flights of Fantasy" or "Seeing things that don't exist"

Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 11:19 am
good try, Sparky

Mitchell was smitten. It was the singing that gave him away. :wink:
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 06:24 am
Mitchell obviously needs to get his eyes tested Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 07:34 am
so the phone numbers were not exchanged, i reckon?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 07:49 am
'course not !!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 09:43 am
hmmm; paying the 'price' for my anti-socialness lately [i'm trying to catch up with what i missed]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:45 am
Bo, it's really good to see you...but, but, life is a social thing.
0 Replies