The Prince does Toronto !!

Letty

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 01:13 pm
picture marking.

Bo has always been and will always be a brat. He rode that bike one too many times without a helmet. Razz
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 05:31 pm
Mitchell? Razz
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 05:33 pm
And I thought I hated parades. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 05:51 pm
Saturday.

Time to run and get my hair cut before The Prince sees me again. It's so embarassing meeting someone before you complete your spring shed Embarrassed

Load the dogs into the car, swing by hotel, The Prince leaps in athletically. And handsomely.

Cleo and Bailey aren't sure right away, but quickly learn that The Prince is going to be a very good friend. Cleo loves being called 'Darling' frequently. She's a smart dog. :wink: Bailey comes around when The Prince rescues him from being tangled in my seatbelt.

It starts to snow as we drive further and further north. By the time we get to Major Mac, it's a blizzard. We both know that cav knows we're on our way to see him.

It's Saturday, and the cemetary gates are shut. The Prince and I (oh, I love the sound of that), climb over some rocks around the edges of the gates, the dogs leap over them. We start walking. It takes about twenty minutes to reach cav. The dogs, who have been leaping and bounding about in the snow, settle down as The Prince speaks to cav. They are quiet, and stay by our sides as we both speak to cav, and hug, and talk to each other, and talk to cav some more.

And it keeps snowing.

After about 20 - 30 minutes with cav, we head back for the road, and the car. The dogs seem to feel a need to break the mood, and try to make us laugh.

Back in the car. The dogs fall asleep, and The Prince bears witness to Cleo's wonderful snorty snoring.

The snow stops, and we take the dogs home, and head back across the city to visit the cavMom and cavDad, who have invited the local A2K'rs to tea.

Next chapter.

Tea and cavStories!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 06:01 pm
That's beautiful, ehBeth. No tears now, just wonderful memories of poetry and ribaldry.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 06:01 pm
Very nice.

Pacco barking along as I read...
0 Replies

Mrs Buttercup Cavfancier

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 07:42 pm
Still waiting for ehBeth
Since ehBeth started the story, I will let her finish it. All I want to say is that I am very glad to have inherited new friends (JoeB, Prince Sparky) and so has the wee Cav (though he hasn't given up on Cleo) and we were both happy to see some old friends (BGW, ehBeth) and it was just soooooooooo wonderful. Cav showed up with the snow for a little while, just as we were all settling in at our place. He just wanted to make sure that we all got along...was there any doubt?

And boy, can that BGW eat!!! I still have to have that whiskey a go-go with the Prince one day. But that's all I'm saying for now. ehBeth, please continue! Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 08:11 pm
waiting for the next installment....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 08:15 pm
Re: Still waiting for ehBeth
Mrs_Buttercup_Cavfancier wrote:
we were both happy to see some old friends (BGW, ehBeth)

Old!

<huffs and puffs>
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 09:05 pm
Re: Still waiting for ehBeth
ehBeth wrote:
<huffs and puffs>

don't let that stop you from posting
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 09:56 pm
Quote:
Up The Ladder To The Roof : The Nylons

Come with me, come with me
And we shall run across the sky
Illuminate the night
Oh, I will try and guide you
To better times and brighter days
Don't be afraid to go...

Chorus:
Up the ladder to the roof
Where we can see heaven much better
Up the ladder to the roof
We can be closer to heaven

Stay with me, stay with me, stay with me
And we shall let expression ring
Hear freedom in our singin'
Whoa, memories of broken dreams
Don't you know, don't you know
They'll all fade away
If you go...

Chorus

Relax, I'll tell you the story of love
How it is, the happiness in it baby
We'll combine our thoughts and together we'll travel
To the fountain of loveliness
I will never never ever leave you alone to wander honey
If you go along our love is gonna grow much stronger, so much stronger
Don't you wanna go, don't you wanna go, don't you wanna go, don't you wanna go...

Chorus

Whoa, up the, up the, up the, up the ladder to heaven
Come on and go up the ladder to heaven
Come on and go up the ladder to heaven

The dogs are annoyed. They've been lured into the house, and I've locked the door and run back to the car.

The Prince and I drive across town to the cavParent's home. I realize that I once lived almost immediately next door.

Algernon (the lil white Civic) takes us to the roof of the parking garage, where we've arranged to meet the rest of the gang. JoeBlow, Buttercup Mrs. Cavfancier, and Austin are waiting for us. BoGoWo is either invisible, or not there. We head in, with a mental promise to check the roof for Bo. I've got his cell # with me, just in case.

Austin leads the way. He knows exactly where he's going - marching purposefully to the elevator, and then from the elevator to a very special door. CavDad greets us, and CavMom joins us very shortly thereafter. The CavParents are charming, gracious, and wonderfully funny. It's nice discovering the source of Cav's warmth, and humour AND slyness. The CavDad's got that CavTouch we all know here. A straightforward comment, that you realize a few beats later wasn't so straightforward.

We're sitting, starting to talk, when the phone rings/buzzes. It's Bo. Seems we forgot to check the roof Embarrassed and hey he doesn't have his cell, so bringing his number didn't help.

We settle again, CavMom prepares tea while everyone chats - I don't think I was the only one who marvelled at how comfortable I was - thanks to the CavParents and their gracious hospitality.

We all take our turns with Austin. He looks a bit sad, but is clearly pleased to be with people who love small dogs and especially him. I take a moment to tell him that I went to visit his dad, and that I'd told cav I'd be seeing Austin. I think Austin knows what I'm telling him. He also knows that everthing on the coffee table smells tremendous. He's learning that Mrs. Buttercup Cavfancier is the Alpha now.

Plates of wonderful cookies (what were those little spirally ones, anyway?), and great fruit (luscious jumbo strawberries, mmmmmmmm) to go with tea and more conversation.

The CavMom tells a great story about taking cav to an Allen Ginsberg reading in Buffalo, when cav was in high school. (Someone has to tell the story - it is all about the power of Momnipotence) More conversation, more cavStories, more tea.

It's time to go now.

Thanks to CavDad and CavMom for sharing more of Cav with us. I know I'm smiling when we leave.

Next chapter: Across town x 2. Doggie introductions. Pad Thai. All dressed tater chips. Whiskey and water.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 10:06 pm
Pacco is snoring but I'll wake him up when the whisky is served...

Me, I am so glad you all did this, and that you're telling us about it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 10:39 pm
More more!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:27 am
Lovely, ehBeth. And thanks for sharing that with us.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:41 pm
Smile It was a wonderful wonderful trip. Will post more when I have some free time, but in the meanwhile I will sit and listen to ehbeth.

Actually, I was so dazzled by ehbeth that half of the time I did not know what I was doing... Wink

Wait till she comes to part where I bought a thong for her as a prezzie....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:09 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:11 pm
Takes a lot to shock ehBeth, Prince. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:14 pm
If anyone knows that, it's The Prince, Miss LettyBettyHettyGettyLee :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:17 pm
and here's just a lil tidbit while i start to organize my thoughts about Saturday night

Saturday morning, The Prince went outside his hotel and asked a cabbie to take him to the Eaton Centre. The cabbie pointed out it was just a couple of blocks away. The Prince told the cabbie he understood, but still wanted a lift. The cabbie got out of the cab - and showed The Prince where the Eaton Centre was. The Prince walked to the Eaton Centre.

I'm still laughing about it. Love a cabbie that doesn't want you to waste your money.

Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:17 pm
Don't forget Ragland... Razz
0 Replies