The Prince does Toronto !!

husker

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:28 pm
[quote="the prince
Wait till she comes to part where I bought a thong for her as a prezzie....[/quote]

did she model it? pictures?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:51 pm
Vroom vroom vroom

Algernon's getting a surprising workout for a winter Saturday.

The Prince, Buttercup Mrs. Cavfancier, Austin, BoGoWo, and JoeBlow (who is still thinking about explaining her board name to the CavParents) head over to Austin's place. Algernon and I zoom back to the North Beach to pick up Bailey and Cleo, who've been having a nice snooze after their afternoon adventure with their darling Prince.

I pack short leashes, flexis, a toy for Cleo (which is still at Austin's house), and a muzzle for Cleo - just in case. Bailey and Cleo happily jump into Algernon's back seat and we head west - in the snow - Cav's at it again.

Parking's great, and we head in after Bailey lets a couple of people know he's in town as they come out of the tuck shop.

Nice foyer, dude! The elevator ride's not bad, but Cleo's a bit inexperienced and runs right into the mirrored wall Confused We find the apartment - by listening for laughter, which there is already plenty of.

Bailey wants to play with Austin, so Austin doesn't want to know about Bailey. Austin wants to know about Cleo's butt, and Cleo doesn't want to know about Austin. I spend a few minutes trapped by the front door, as Cleo gets between my ankles and tries to leave the apartment. Austin thinks she's playing hard to get and is verra verra interested. Bailey is very disappointed. He's done puppy play posture a couple of times, and the dude just doesn't wanna play.

Bailey and Cleo are delighted to discover their darling Prince in attendance. Buttercup is horrified when Bailey demonstrates a couple of his patented mountain goat-in-an-apartment routines. There are some things a mother just doesn't want her puppy to learn.

Cleo still doesn't want to be Austin's girl, and tells him. Austin finally agrees to join Bailey in a doggie sniff circle.

Dogs and people settle down with beverages and snacks. Buttercup regales with tales (hey that rhymes, dude!) of Cav's early days in the world of cheffing. There's discussion of a local cooking character called The Wolfman. Did JoeBlow serve lamb at her wedding? I missed something important in that discussion. Bailey and Cleo are horrified, and startled, when the inhalers - who'd stepped out onto the balcony - suddenly reappear in the apartment. They may be city dogs, but they do not have Austin's understanding of life on the 10th floor.

Food. We need food. Thai take-out is the answer. We discover that Buttercup and The Prince don't wash their money often enough
Laughing Order's placed.

Time for Austin to go outside. He's got some privacy issues, so it can't be a communal excursion. Sad

Buttercup and Austin return with an announcement that the snow fluffs we'd noticed from the balcony is really about 5 centimetres that's fallen in the past two hours.

Bailey and Cleo and I brave the elevator to check out the snow situation ourselves. Shocked That was some serious stuff, man.

We head back inside, where the doggie re-introductions go a bit more smoothly, though Cleo is still not convinced that Austin's intentions toward her hind end are honourable.

The thai delivery person has called, roads are slippery, he'll be there later. Mmmmmmmmm good cheese and snacks and wasabi peas (JoeBlow, have you recovered?) hold us through. More chatting and Cav adventures ... the tv's on - does anyone know what we were watching? I remember something about Tom Hanks in a remake and then a Brit thing about a hostage. (can you tell the conversation was more interesting than the tv Very Happy )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

another chapter after tea
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:43 pm
ehBeth, I never realized what a really, really good writer you are. That piece was so very easy to read.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:48 pm
Buttercup and the Prince don't wash their money enough??

Pacco sits now on the couch feeling left out. I seriously doubt he's ever been on the tenth floor of anywhere. In my life with him, he's been max. 42" above outdoor grade....

Really enjoying your scene descriptions, ehB.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:50 pm
Then everyone could come on over to montreal !\!!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:09 pm
What an absolutely fascinating story, ebeth. Your cast of characters must have made for an incredible day. I'm sure that cav must be laughing.
Thanks...and is there more to come?
0 Replies

Mrs Buttercup Cavfancier

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:14 pm
Re: Still waiting for ehBeth
ehBeth wrote:
Mrs_Buttercup_Cavfancier wrote:
we were both happy to see some old friends (BGW, ehBeth)

Old!

<huffs and puffs>

I meant old as opposed to new, not old in the "don't trust anyone over 30" sense. That would mean I'd have to stop trusting Austin, as he is 42 now, but then again, he has all the answers to every question...

Wonderful recounting, Beth! Yes, the conversation was more interesting than MI-5, and that says a lot!!

Quote:
Buttercup is horrified when Bailey demonstrates a couple of his patented mountain goat-in-an-apartment routines. There are some things a mother just doesn't want her puppy to learn.

Working in the Legal Department of an oft-litigated company, in the Insurance division no less, you can understand why I was concerned about the Bailey Goat Gruff!! Laughing

I'll just fill everyone in on one thing. While we were at my apartment waiting for the Triumphant Trio to join us, Prince Sparky was describing in detail the stitching on the thong he had bought for ehBeth to wear in the St. Paddy's Day parade they were going to attend the next day. Then we all quickly downed our round of potent potables... Shocked
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:53 pm
So that was what the parade comment by JoeBlow was about..

I liked parades as a child but am pretty ambivalent on them as an adult, although I do like the Truck Parade here at December holiday time. (Toot toot toot, in jingle bells rhythm, cute the first time you hear it, tends to wear..) That one passes in front of my house.

But no one wears thongs here in December. Tell us more...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 09:01 pm
I hear my bed calling my name, all. It's saying. Never mind I got too many names to recount.

Have fun in TO and think of me here in Florida.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 09:18 pm
Quote:
Well I don't know why I came here tonight
I've got a feelin' that somethin' ain't right
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair
And I'm wonderin' how I'll get down the stairs
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you

Yes, I'm stuck in the middle with you
And I'm wonderin' what it is I should do
It's so hard to keep this smile from my face
Losin' control, yeah, I'm all over the place
Here I am stuck in the middle with you

** Well you started off with nothin' and
You're proud that you're a self-made man, yeah
And your friends they all come crawlin'
Slap you on the back and say
Please
(I say) please

Tryin' to make some sense of it all
But I can see there makes no sense at all
Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor
I don't think that I can take any more

Stuck in the middle
Stuck in the middle
Stuck in the middle
Stuck in the middle

[Repeat ** , *]

Stuck in the middle with you
Oh, yeah
Here I am
With you, with you, with you

the funsters and the punsters
that's what it was on Saturday night

JoeBlow - who told me earlier in the day that she probably wouldn't say anything - proved me right by more than holding her own in the pack

BoGoWo - still the teenager I thought he was when I first 'met' him here

The Prince - witty and charming and the giggliest royalty I've ever come across

Buttercup - that grrrrl is strong and funny and a protective bear about her pup - love her to bits

The thai food arrived - and was paid for with clean, odor-free $$. Chicken pad thai, shrimp pad thai, veggie pad thai, spring rolls, torpedoes or tornadoes or some other military thing - what did Buttercup order? Great food.

Bailey and Cleo were optimistic. Bailey and Cleo were disappointed - the house rules are the same everywhere. Dogs don't eat people food while people are eating people food. Bailey was a bit worried about Austin, who was crated during the meal. Not so worried that he didn't keep an eye out for any weak-willed people. Bohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Bailey has got your number.

Too much food for most of us, except for that bottomless pit of a teen - BoGoWo. I took leftovers home - Bailey and Cleo noshed on shrimp, chicken, tofu, and carrots mixed into their kibble until tonight. Happy, full-bellied dogs.

Adult beverages continued for most of the adults in attendance.

After a considerable period of silent eating, the chatting and punning restarted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

be back later, or tomorrow
still a coupla chapters to go

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and let's hear more from other participants in the "Prince does Tranna" festival - things are more interesting seen through a kaleidoscope than through a single lens
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 09:26 pm
I'll agree with that, though this is a mighty fine lens. Thanks!
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 01:57 pm
Beth, I'm enjoying your recounting.

Woe is me. I spent more than an hour, just now, trying to compose my own contributions, only to lose it all by a slip of the fingers. I still don't know what happened, except perhaps the hamsters timed me out for taking too long. Sigh.

So, quickly now...and perhaps more later.

Buttercup - you are a no nonsense woman with an angelic smile - a powerful combination. Thank you for everything. I will remind you that I had only one wasabi pea, so if they're all gone now, I believe you must blame the prince. Razz

The Prince - capturing you for Toronto would be a boon. You're swell. Hurry back when you can - I owe you a pub crawl and I aim to deliver. Truly a pleasure to have met you.

Bo - Always a pleasure. Does everyone know that he built his own shower stall (huge by my standards)? Apparently it's made from some kind of corrugated...siding...or something. You simply walk around the corner (no doors required) and voila! The spray stays inside. How we ever segued into building materials I'll never know. A man of many talents, Bo is.

Cav's parents - Mum obviously loves to laugh - is quick to it, and is full of grace...poise. Dad has a dry, ready, and ample wit. So much like Cav, the two of them. So bittersweet, the meeting. How strange it must have been for them to have us up for tea, and yet they were so...decent...no, kind. A very generous couple.

Beth - you're an adhesive! Really....your wit, charm and inclusiveness binds us all together. You make it easy. My thanks.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 05:10 pm
Still enjoying the hell out of the story-telling!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:41 am
O.K., O.K., i've been bad!

Had this "life" thing to take care of;

well, most of it has been said;

descriptions of the 'events' were most eloquent in the hands of the ladies; the true 'royalty' of the bunch.
There's something about an 'x' chromasone...........

but hey the Prince was more than up to expectations!

but i do have one juicey mot to whisper around...

When first he arived he seemed shy - really (probably my imagination); but we soon took care of that, with my inane blather, and the other pie holes flapping away, he soon took to the water, and joined in the fray.

I must say our Gautam rose elegantly to 'expectations'!

[reaffirming my philosophy that it is all about 'people'!]
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:45 am
BoGoWo wrote:
O.K., O.K., i've been bad!

And you really think, all is forgotten now just because you wrote that down? (And just one time!)
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:49 am
sure; i'm pretty naive! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 01:31 am
Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 03:54 am
Thanks for that, you Toronto folk! Very interesting, enlightening & pleasurable reading! Very Happy I feel I now know a few A2K folk a wee bit better than I did!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 08:49 am
Msolga and Walter, it's not the Prince who is shy, it's Bo, and then he uses life as an excuse. Rolling Eyes

ehBeth, this entire thread has been like watching a documentary of ordinary people in extraordinary situations--beautifully expressed and awesomely received.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 08:56 am
Letty wrote:

ehBeth, this entire thread has been like watching a documentary of ordinary people in extraordinary situations--beautifully expressed and awesomely received.

Ordinary ? Moi ? Shocked
0 Replies