Is it emotionally devastating to accidentally spill coffee at work?

jespah

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:00 am
@darkangel1720,
The short answer is no, it's not emotionally devastating. It's not in the same league as losing a pet (which I think is the point Punkey was making), getting a diagnosis of a terminal illness, a marriage ending, etc. There is no perspective here.

You say you've had a mental breakdown and regressed to a childlike state. Have these conversations with your therapist - and I would strongly suggest you find a way to get short-term disability for a while so you can get more full-time care and not have to deal with work.

I am not a doctor. None of us are here. You need one.

Continuing to post here when you have a therapist, when you don't listen to a damned thing any of us tell you, insisting you are the victim when your actions say the opposite, and constantly attempting to weasel out of anything you're told to do which would conform to societal norms means that we can't help you.

So posting here is a waste of your and our time.

You are not being kicked off the forum but I do want you to consider that you're not getting anything out of these topics. So why keep making them?
0 Replies

darkangel1720

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 06:10 am
@chai2,

Thx for the link! I was gonna broadcast it myself but you did it for me. Much appreciation.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 06:37 am
@chai2,
"Punkey has a habit of not reading carefully, and talks about things that were not discussed."

At least I'm not a SHAMER!

The OP has a history of resiliency issues. A gentle, "You're going to be alright" is probably all that is needed.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 07:24 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

"
The OP has a history of resiliency issues. A gentle, "You're going to be alright" is probably all that is needed.

It's not the OP I'm worried about, it's the poor sods who have to work with her.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 07:29 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

At least I'm not a SHAMER!

At least I'm not an enabler.
darkangel1720

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:00 am
@izzythepush,
Don’t ******* call him an enabler. Whoever ******* gives me sympathy or gives a rats ass is not an enabler. They would only be enablers is the said person were a major **** up, such as giving someone money to fund his drug addiction. I’ve been severely hurt. I suffered emotional abuse/silent treatment at the hands of my former supervisor. Consequently, I’ve been severely depressed long term and recently had a mental breakdown. Look up what an enabler is before calling someone an enabler. You will not find the definition of sympathy.
chai2

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:36 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

A gentle, "You're going to be alright" is probably all that is needed.

Have at it then. Go on, work your magic.
I’m sure you’ll have this all fixed up within a post or 2.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 09:01 am
*Plays "Do You Believe in Magic" by The Lovin' Spoonful*
0 Replies

darkangel1720

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:55 am
To really illustrate my regression into a childlike emotional state. Here’s a perfect example. Back when that fast food supervisor liked me, I was more emotionally stable and mature than right now. For instance, I accidentally locked my keys in my car at my workplace parking lot (which had happened to be that very fast food joint). I didn’t cry like hell or be inconsolable. I didn’t seek sympathy from coworkers. Instead, I handled it like an adult and calmly called the locksmith, who got my keys out. I handled it like any other normal adult.

Now it’s all different. Coffee spilling sent me into uncontrollable tears. So did sanitizer bottle falling apart. And a customer having a slightly bad day and showing it. And every little ******* things that normally wouldn’t bother adults but would cause distress in children.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:45 am
@darkangel1720,
From what you've told us you were the one abusing your former supervisor. When you play the victim you blame others and you don't take control of your life and make the changes required. Jespah gave you some pretty sound advice a few posts back, you should take it.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 01:40 pm
@darkangel1720,
You've been getting sound advice. Like your other threads, you pay no attention whatsoever to them. Therefore you are only here to seek sympathy rather than fix anything. That means anyone that only sympathises is an enabler.

You have deep emotional problems. You say this yourself. You need to go and see a psychologist. You know this.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Real Music

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 07:05 pm
@darkangel1720,
Quote:
I'm just a child (at least emotionally). If I don't be catered to, I get scared and terrified of everything.

1. Are you am three year old child?
2. Are you a three year old child (emotionally)?
Real Music

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 07:38 pm
@darkangel1720,
If you don't get professional help, I fear that you won't get better. Please get some help from a professional therapist. You might also seek help from a medical doctor as well.
0 Replies

darkangel1720

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 07:59 pm
@Real Music,
Why 3 y/o? How about 8? I'm 8 years old emotionally whereas I used to be an adult emotionally.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:00 pm
@darkangel1720,
I understand that you don't understand what has happened to you emotionally. At least you are mature enough to evaluate your condition relative to the "you"
that you were. It may have to do with your expession about "looking up" to your
supervisor. I understood it to be respect. ( though some still try to call it "stalking") Stalking is about the intent to cause fear or injury, which clearly you did not intend. If you "looked up" to her ( as a child looking up to a mother)
you may not only feel rejected but abandoned.
I knew that pack of jackals would surround you (*), waiting to take their individual bites. I stood up for you when I saw that they thought they saw a soft target. You later stood up for yourself. I see that as progress ( to move forward) when the problem was regression. (moving backward)
(*) Know that you are always surrounded by people who love.
vikorr

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 12:12 am
@Ponderer,
Quote:
Stalking is about the intent to cause fear or injury
I personally haven't gone so far as to call her a stalker, and I mention that only to put the following into context.

Please don't give advice that is incorrect. Many laws relating to stalking specifically state that the intent of the stalker is irrelevant, but rather the affect of the stalking on the victim is relevant to whether it constitutes stalking or not.

You should also know that just because a behaviour doesn't constitute criminal stalking, doesn't mean it won't constitute civil stalking, which is what many 'restraining orders' are about (though they can also be for other things, eg ongoing conflict between neighbours)

Even should you not be meaning law definitions, but rather social understanding - an ex watching through the window at 10pm each night, never meaning for the ex to know what they are doing - is very obviously stalking the ex. Such doesn't meet your criteria of intending violence, fear, or injury (hence why laws say intent is irrelevant)
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 12:29 am
So I found Ponderers comments far from normal. I had a look at the web of 'following/followed by' and came up with the following:

Ponderer
Following: Meep, SilentSyren
Followed by: Meep, Darkangel13, SilentSyren

Note the oddity of following a DarkAngel13, while replying to a 'different' DarkAngel. The other oddity is that SilentSyren's avatar resembles a dark angel.

SilentSyren:
Following: Kirsten0825, Ponderer
Followed by: Ponderer

Meep
Following: Ponderer
Followed by: Ponderer

Kirsten0825
Following : SilentSyren
Followed by:

The other oddity is most posters have small numbers of posts, and so shouldn't attract followers. And they all post along similar storylines. It seems rather incestuous to me.

I'm betting they are all one and the same person.
vikorr

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 01:26 am
@vikorr,
It actually reminds me of the forum stalker who has multiple accounts following me (motivation seems to be to down vote me, as if there was meaning in such Rolling Eyes ). The stalker spends some periods downvoting assiduously, and others not, before succumbing once more to their own mental health issues...Similar level of insanity no doubt.
Lash

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 01:32 am
I wonder what the pay-off is for people who go to the trouble to create sock puppets to agree with their other sock puppets... seems like some sick variation of Munchausen by Proxy.