Is it emotionally devastating to accidentally spill coffee at work?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 02:23 am
@Lash,
It's attention seeking, the OP's feeble attempt to shame us into submission. It's also avoidance, the OP's behaviour is the root cause of all of the OP's problems and if the OP is telling us off for being so mean they're not addressing the problem.

0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 03:29 am
@vikorr,
You have the right to remain silent.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 04:05 am
@Lash,
Neither you nor Vikorr know what is real.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 04:13 am
@vikorr,
You are making a case for yourself. According to your definition of stalking, you are stalking me.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 05:30 am
@vikorr,
Believe me. I'm not through with you. You crossed a line when you brought other people into this.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 05:38 am
@darkangel1720,
darkangel1720 wrote:
Now it’s all different. Coffee spilling sent me into uncontrollable tears. So did sanitizer bottle falling apart. And a customer having a slightly bad day and showing it. And every little ******* things that normally wouldn’t bother adults but would cause distress in children.

What child acts poorly after spilling something? A brat. A kid who has gotten their way for so long without being controlled who thinks they can do whatever they want, when they want.

You know what happens to brats? They get punished, removed from people and stimuli and put into time out so they can think about their actions and calm down to re-think their position. After that, brats are expected to apologize for their actions and work out a solution so they know what to do next time.

The thing is, you're not a brat. You're an adult. An adult who wants to act like a child but not learn like a child. You can't play this both ways. Either you're a child and can learn from your mistakes or you're an adult, who refuses to take responsibility for your actions.

If you're leaning towards the latter, you must know things will only get worse unless you take steps to correct the issue. You can no longer hold your workplace in an emotionally charged atmosphere.

If you spill something, clean it up. If a sanitizer bottle falls apart, throw it away and get a new one. And if someone is having a bad day, sell them the burger and they go away.

Seeking negative attention is draining. I'm sure you're tired of it all. So dry your tears, ask for help when you NEED it (take some control over your life) and go on. Just like everybody else does.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 05:49 am
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:

Believe me. I'm not through with you. You crossed a line when you brought other people into this.

He must be terrified.
Ponderer

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 06:46 am
@izzythepush,
Shove it.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 06:50 am
@Ponderer,
Wrong verb choice.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 09:42 am
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:

Well now. That's a not so veiled threat.

Funny how you go from airy fairy, zen, love is the answer, to threats, insults, name calling etc in such a short time.
Ponderer

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:22 am
@chai2,
Well, you see it's like this. There is me. And then there is the "me" who stands up for me. And in this case my friends.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
chai2

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 01:34 pm
@Ponderer,
Which is a pretty clear threat.

Anyway, verbally, you haven't exactly been slaying anyone.

And what about your insults to others?

See, you act all righteous, standing up for the underdog, no one else could possibly understand, etc. and in reality you're no better than what/who you claim to abhor.

I prefer reality. There is no 2 different me's. One that acts one way, one that acts another.

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 02:52 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Anyway, verbally, you haven't exactly been slaying anyone.

Don't say you've not read Oscar Wilde's big book of menacing threats?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 02:54 pm
@Ponderer,
Is he the same one who took care of you?
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 03:16 pm
Oh man
I'm cringing so hard I think my face turned inside out
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 03:20 pm
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:

You want me to let one of my friends take care of you? ( Don't panic. I mean verbally?)

Yet another threat.

You do realize threats are against this boards policy, right?

I take all threats, verbal or otherwise, seriously. They are not a joking matter.
Ponderer

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 03:50 pm
@chai2,
So do you mean to tell me that if I ask you if you want me to have one of my friends tell you what she thinks of the way you are harassing me, that you take that as a serious threat?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 03:58 pm
@chai2,

Ponderer wrote:

You want me to let one of my friends take care of you? ( Don't panic. I mean verbally?)

But that's not what you said. You didn't say you would ask someone else to give their opinion of me in any way.

You said you would have one of your friends take care of me. That can be seen as a threat. By taking care of someone, you're not saying it in that you were going to send someone to my house to make me a nice meal and clean up afterwards.

So now, because I'm calling you out on your making threats, letting you know not to do that, you're saying I'm the one harrassing you?

That's kind of on the order of saying a woman is asking for sex because she's wearing a short skirt, even after she's expressed no interest.