Is the US concerned about nerve gas attacks in Great Britain?

glitterbag

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 02:57 pm
@coldjoint,
Not even close pal, not even in the ballpark.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 03:00 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Not even close pal, not even in the ballpark.

"pedantic and vindictive". You got owned. Period.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 03:16 pm
@glitterbag,
I doubt seriously that anyone would mix up Australians and British people (Australian tourists are slightly more boorish than their British counterparts) .

I'm a child of Irish emigrants. It is said that the images of the "old country" among emigrants are frozen at the time of departure. That may explain why I was brought up with a distaste for the British. I'll agree they are often rather adept at portraying Americans as rubes, but I have found that is usually a mask for their own lack of sophistication. Wiser people take things as they find them.

What I wrote to Walter was measured, direct and exactly what I meant. Nothing over reaching, passive or belligerent about it. ( We have met and enjoyed a pleasant meal together in San Francisco). I was chiding him for joining with you and Izzy in "tut tutting and "sniffing" over coldjoint, who, unlike you all, makes no pretenses about what he is or does here. .
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 03:24 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
makes no pretenses about what he is or does here.

A real viable and brutally honest individual is their worst nightmare. They apparently know no one like that. If they do they probably avoid them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 04:44 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Whoever Coldjoint is, he is working overtime to be crudely unpleasant regardless of the topic. His remarks on the tender-age shelters are a fine example of his atttempts to shut down conversations. He does it all the time, and it not really a stretch to understand some posters might find that to be obnoxious. But you defy credulity when you sniff and tut tut and expect everyone else to take the high road dealing with relentless bullies.
All he does is give obnoxious liberals a healthy dose of their own medicine.

If the left doesn't like it, maybe they should do some self reflection.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 04:55 pm
@georgeob1,
I’m a second generation Irish American, it’s sad to see you still harbor a grudge toward people you barely know. We’ve been stationed with the Brits, Canadians and Aussies mostly during the last 15 years or so of our careers and we were always impressed with their talents, abilities and “courtesy”..... I’m not going to pretend I thought all of the people in those countries were equally wonderful, some of them viewed Americans as you view the people you seem not to enjoy. I enjoyed the differences, the similarities and the wicked wit. For me it was a family of dedicated professionals with a common goal, likewise my time with DOD when we still had a draft and men and women from every single state were represented in the Military Forces. I think we were incredibly blessed to experience all that we did, we love the variety and I doubt I would enjoy a cloistered experience like yours.

But that means you and I have chosen well for ourselves. You don’t need my approval or admiration and I don’t know how much more clear I could be that I’m just fine without yours. Cheers George
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 06:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Please don't talk about me when I'm gone
Oh, honey though our friendship ceases, from now on;
And, listen, if you can't say anything real nice
It's better not to talk at all, is my advice

We're parting, you go your way I'll go mine
It's best that we do;
Here's a kiss! I hope that this brings lots of luck to you

Makes no difference how I carry on
Remember, please don't talk about me when I'm gone

https://genius.com/Frank-sinatra-please-dont-talk-about-me-when-im-gone-lyrics
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 07:31 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm first generation here, and that may make a difference. In Detroit, then, if you answered the question "What are you?" by saying "American" you had to be tough. I played Irish football for the Gaelic League, and got in a lot fights with Polacks. My father, who was then in Congress, voted against Lend Lease. Washington, where we spent half our time, was far more homogeneous and anodyne.

I rarely hold grudges about anyone ( I simply ignore those I don't like - see there's hope for you! Blatham too !). As for the Brits, I spent a lot of time in one of their RN attack squadrons; checked out in the Buccaneer aircraft and even collected a few traps ( arrested landings) on the old Arc Royal. We did lots of ops with NATO allies and many other nations, including Japan & S, Korea during my squadron days, and later on ships I commanded. Frankly I liked the French the best, and found their outlooks and temperaments far more like our own than those of the British. The Aussies and Koreans were next. Since then I have travelled widely and frequently, but lately mostly to Europe and Latin America.

You know very little of my experience "cloistered" or not. My impression is that I'm a lot more tolerant, and I have a much wider variety of professional experiences (in the Navy. grad school, and later in business) than do you. However, in contrast, I haven't attempted to prejudge, categorize or pigeon hole you. (Well maybe a few - I recall a couple of unsavory wise cracks about bureaucrats.)

We disagree about many things political and probably otherwise. I'm accustomed to (and have learned to value) often forceful disagreement with my professional associates and friends too. ( Forceful disagreement and anger are very different things - an often forgotten truth.) The clash of viewpoints, if done without rancor, can lead to mew insights and understanding. Sadly that has largely disappeared from A2K

I agree, neither of us needs anything from the other. I don't know the origin of the hostility and anger you suddenly appeared to develop towards me, and don't really need to know either. However my experience has been that such things usually injure the one holding such feelings far more than the object of them. I believe that is the case here, and you should let go of it.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 09:42 pm
Oh george, you're really asking for it aren't you. You're lucky I respect mothers, I might have told you about the joke your mother played on your father.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 10:10 pm
Hey! I've been to both Ennis and Cork. How about that. Wink
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 10:17 pm
Quote:
How the United Kingdom Became a Police State

Quote:
This article will demonstrate how the United Kingdom has steadily become a police state over the past twenty years, weaponizing its institutions against the people and employing Orwellian techniques to stop the public from seeing the truth. It will demonstrate, contrary to official narratives, that both overall levels of crime and violent crime have been increasing, not decreasing, as the size of the state in the UK has gotten bigger. It will also expose how the Labour government under Tony Blair and Gordon Brown from 1997 to 2010, deliberately obscured real crime data with estimated crime rates based on survey data as opposed to the real numbers. I will demonstrate that, contrary to popular opinion perpetuated by progressive myths, life was much safer in Britain during the era of classical laissez-faire from the 1850s to 1911.

https://mises.org/wire/how-united-kingdom-became-police-state
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 10:22 pm
Quote:
It is clear that with less personal freedom and a bigger and more invasive state comes less personal responsibility and greater lawlessness. It is also clear that as the British state has become more top-down in orientation than in its common-law past, it has levied increased coercive legislative power against the British people it supposedly serves. The state is now behaving in an openly Orwellian manner with near-explicit contempt for the public.

https://mises.org/wire/how-united-kingdom-became-police-state
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
oralloy

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 03:24 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
As far as morality goes there's no difference between him and one of the guards at Auschwitz. No difference whatsoever.
Don't be silly. Collateral damage from airstrikes is hardly similar to the systematic murder of innocent people.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 11:25 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Don't be silly. Collateral damage from airstrikes is hardly similar to the systematic murder of innocent people.

This is the progressive correlation and conflation of things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. A favorite trick of theirs.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 11:30 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Hundreds More Muslim Rape Gang Cases Discovered in UK

From 2015, and it is still going on. I don't have pictures.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/250769/hundreds-more-muslim-rape-gang-cases-discovered-uk-robert-spencer
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 01:21 pm
@izzythepush,
People responsible for nightmare scenarios like this, seem unable to grasp that this could happen in the US. Even 9/11 has faded from memory, maybe because we make people take their shoes off prior to boarding planes. Apparently a sizable number of people who attend the Trump "Hey look at me" Bund rallies want to concentrate on Elizabeth Warren, Alec Baldwin, Elton John, Hillary, and listen to his litany of grievances, his imaginary slights and any other piece of vapid nonsense that he spouts.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 01:40 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Bund rallies

Your way of calling Trump supporters Nazi's? You don't have to answer. Do you ever experience vertigo looking down from your throne or are you floating on your own foul gas? Something seems to be affecting your ability to say anything that matters.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 02:02 pm
@glitterbag,
bump
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 05:59 pm
@oralloy,
Collateral damage is worse. Killing innocent civilians is a crime against humanity.
Quote:
Intentionally launching an attack in the knowledge that such attack will cause incidental loss of life or injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects or widespread, long-term and severe damage to the natural environment which would be clearly excessive in relation to the concrete and direct overall military advantage anticipated;