Is the US concerned about nerve gas attacks in Great Britain?

izzythepush

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 02:12 pm
@glitterbag,
There's nothing there, just hate, ignorance, paranoia and fear. Nothing of any value whatsoever. I feel dirty just talking about it.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 02:16 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
There's nothing there, just hate, ignorance, paranoia and fear.

Accusations you do not have one chance in Hell of proving. But here I am, prove what you say.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 03:00 pm
@glitterbag,
Sanctions were approved today.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 05:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Finally, thank God
oralloy

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 05:37 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Finally, thank God

Don't be silly. The UK themselves only reacted yesterday.
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 08:57 pm
@glitterbag,
usa media hypes concern about everything, but seldom does anything about it unless they profit from it.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 10:01 pm
@bunnyhabit ,
It's times like tonight I wish I still had a cyrillic keyboard, tovarisch
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 01:45 pm
Quote:
This Putin guy is really something: at the height of anti-Russian hysteria in the west, and right before both the Russian election and World Cup, he decides the time is right to execute a spy living openly in the UK since 2010 using a Russian nerve agent.

— Tom Slaughter (@tgs31952) March 12, 2018

He has a good point.
https://madhousenews.com/2018/03/jimmy-dore-blasts-uk-poisoning-hoax-doesnt-pass-the-smell-test-video/
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 06:51 pm
FYI, in the above post, you can assume having a 'good point' is a code word for "My head comes to a sharp point'
oralloy

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 06:57 pm
@glitterbag,
Just think how productive it would be if, when you disagreed with someone, instead of childish name-calling you politely stated your reasons for disagreeing.

It might even lead to informative and beneficial conversations.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 07:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
"My head comes to a sharp point'

I am truly sorry about your head.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 04:11 am
Quote:
International experts are due in the UK to assess the type of nerve agent used to poison ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter in Salisbury.

A team from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) will visit the military research base at Porton Down in Wiltshire.

Experts at the site say the agent is of a type first developed by the Russians.

The delegation from the Netherlands-based OPCW, which polices the prohibition of chemical weapons, will also meet senior detectives.

They have been invited by the UK to independently verify the nerve agent used and will take at least two weeks to produce results.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43453833
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 11:39 am
I drove through Salisbury today. There's usually a queue coming from Southampton as a dual carriageway turns into one lane with sets of traffic lights and roundabouts, but this time it went back a lot further, about a mile and a half further.

I saw three army low loaders, huge artics designed to carry tanks, moving out of the city, (unloaded,) going towards Southampton.

Nothing to report on the way back.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 01:14 pm
Quote:
The Russian spy who went to all the Tory parties

https://spectator.imgix.net/content/uploads/2018/03/heath17march18.jpg?auto=compress,enhance,format&crop=faces,entropy,edges&fit=crop&w=820&h=550

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/the-russian-spy-who-went-to-all-the-tory-parties/

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 01:28 pm
@coldjoint,
More than five years ago
The Guardian wrote:
The Kremlin instructed its diplomats in London to deepen their "co-operation" with the Conservative party in an apparent attempt to mute criticism of Russia's human rights record and to rebuild ties following the murder of Alexander Litvinenko.

Emails seen by the Guardian show the Russian embassy has played a key behind-the-scenes role in the gaffe-prone Conservative Friends of Russia. The group, which held its launch party in the garden of the Russian ambassador in August, is on the brink of collapse after the resignation last week of Sir Malcolm Rifkind, its honorary president. Two other Tory MPs, Nigel Evans and Robert Buckland, also quit after the group published a photo of a Labour MP, Chris Bryant, in his underpants. On Thursday, Prince Michael of Kent pulled out of its new year dinner. Hours later its website went offline.

The Guardian has also learned that the group's diplomatic contact inside the Russian embassy, Sergey Nalobin, has family ties to Russia's intelligence agencies. His father, Nikolai Nalobin, is a former KGB general. Nalobin Sr worked in a top role with the FSB, the successor to the KGB, which the government believes was involved in the murder of Alexander Litvinenko. Litvinenko's widow Marina said General Nalobin was her husband's boss in the 1990s when Litvinenko was an FSB agent.

Sergey Nalobin's brother also worked for the FSB, according to the Russian press. Vladimir Putin, a former KGB spy, was head of the FSB before becoming Russian president in 2000.
Source
But it's good that it's now a topic for the Conservatives again.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 01:43 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I drove through Salisbury today.

Where you on Sharia patrol , or was it your day off?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 01:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
More than five years ago

That is all very nice Wally. Have I ever said anything good about the way the UK is governed?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:51 pm
Quote:
Britain’s ultimatum to Russia BACKFIRES, NATO and EU allies reject demands for action on Skripal

Oops.

http://theduran.com/britain-struggles-win-allied-support-skripal/
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:47 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
EU leaders have thrown their weight behind Theresa May’s stance on Russia, with several countries poised to announce expulsions of diplomats, in a bid to dismantle Vladimir Putin’s spy network.
Source
The EU's ambassador in Moscow as well as the ambassadors of many other EU-countries have been called back.

Quote:
A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, overt propaganda, poor or no sourcing to credible information and/or is fake news.
The Duran is an online news and opinion source with a strong right wing bias. There is evidence they have posted misleading information and they have perpetuated some conspiracies. The source does produce legitimate news with a right wing bias.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 12:08 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The Duran is an online news and opinion source with a strong right wing bias. There is evidence they have posted misleading information and they have perpetuated some conspiracies. The source does produce legitimate news with a right wing bias.

Of course the paper(The Guardian) that calls Muslims Asians has never printed anything misleading. Laughing Laughing Laughing