Is the US concerned about nerve gas attacks in Great Britain?

Blickers

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 03:04 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
That is incorrect. Obstruction of justice refers to interference with an investigation that the government is trying to pursue, not to the government deciding to close down an investigation.

If the investigation is closed down by someone because it might lead to them, as Trump admitted on NBC in his interview with Lester Holt, then he just admitted to a crime.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 02:15 pm
@Blickers,
Some people fail to understand why we have three branches of government.
As an American, I have concerns about nerve gas attacks in Great Britain. England has always been one of my favorite destinations, and I've visited some 128 counties in 50 years of travel. London has some of the best museums in the world, and their theater district is a match to NYC. I organized an a2k meet in London many decades ago at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street. People came from Germany and France, and many from England. I miss those good 'ole days. https://www.yelp.com/biz/ye-olde-cheshire-cheese-london
glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 02:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I agree, some people think the office of the President makes the individual Supreme ruler.........it doesn’t.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2018 09:37 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
The British government is poised to submit an extradition request to Moscow for two Russians suspected of carrying out the Salisbury nerve agent attack that left one person dead and three injured, according to Whitehall and security sources.

The move comes after months of painstaking investigation by hundreds of officers from the police and the intelligence agencies. They have pieced together the movements of the two Russians, from their entry into the UK through to their departure.

The Crown Prosecution Service, which prepared the extradition request, has completed the process and is ready to file, the sources said.

The request will reignite the simmering diplomatic row with Russia, which is certain to reject it, prompting another round of tit-for-tat diplomatic expulsions.
... ... ...
The Guardian
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2018 01:46 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
From The Guardian: US to impose sanctions against Russia over nerve agent attack
Quote:
The United States will impose sanctions on Russia for its use of a nerve agent in an attempt to kill a former Russian spy and his daughter in Britain.

The state department says Wednesday the sanctions will be imposed on Russia because it used a chemical weapon in violation of international law.

WaPo: Trump administration to impose new sanctions on Russia for nerve agent attack in England
Quote:
The Trump administration said Wednesday it would impose new sanctions against Russia as punishment for its use of a nerve agent in an attempt last March to assassinate British citizen and ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter.

A terse release from the State Department said that the United States had determined Russian responsibility for the attack in Salisbury, England — a British conclusion the administration had already accepted — under a 1991 U.S. law on biological and chemical weapons use that requires the president to impose sanctions.
0 Replies