Is the US concerned about nerve gas attacks in Great Britain?

coldjoint

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:02 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Whatever you say Skippy.

You could just say you will not discuss this because I will make you look like a fool, again, and leave it at that. Deal?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:26 pm
Quote:
I’ve never dealt with anybody as smart as you.

Does that change the fact you do not know anything about Islam? And what you would have to know is true you ignore? Please waste someones else's time.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:46 am
Quote:
A Month of Islam and Multiculturalism in Britain: June 2018

This source has been criticized by apologists. Therefore it should be easy to discredit these incidents and other things in this article. I suggest those critics have at it.
Quote:
During the 2018 Quds Day rally in London, Sheikh Mohammad Saeed Bahmanpour of the Islamic Centre of England sent a message "to the Jewish people of Palestine": "You can be sure that the resistance will come, free Palestine, and wipe Israel off the map."

This guy walked away free. Where is the equal justice? That kind of talk about Muslims would have landed someone in jail. If he or she were not murdered first.
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/12695/islam-multiculturalism-britain-june#.W0nIcvfCpEY.twitter

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:02 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/zgcLwAa.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:18 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Many here claim that the instant imposition of sanctions against Russia by the United Stated is in order. However the continuing absence of any retaliatory actions by any of the European Powers, most likely to be affected by the supposed Russian menace, suggests there is more to the question than has been acknowledged.

It seems clear to me that the Baltic States and Poland are both the most threatened and aroused European States regarding this question, while the others, particularly Germany, remain more interested in their continuing economic relations with Russia. There is a case to be made for both of these viewpoints.

History and proximity provide ample reasons for both the Baltic states and Poland to fear threats to their independence from both Russia and Germany, (the latter now coming mostly from the German dominated EU).
Quote:
A German NGO granted three "northern outposts" that "face a potential vulnerability" next to Russia the peace prize on Saturday in Münster. The award recognizes the states’ efforts in supporting European integration.

German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier was on hand to award the prize commemorating the Peace of Westphalia, which ended the Thirty Years' War and ushered in a new era of diplomacy and co-existence between neighboring sovereign states. The presidents of the Baltic states – Kersti Kaljulaid of Estonia, Dalia Grybauskaite of Lithuania and Raimonds Vejonis of Latvia – received the award on behalf of their countries at the award ceremony in the western German city of Münster.

In a nod to this week's NATO summit in Brussels – at which US President Donald Trump antagonized German Chancellor Angela Merkel and UK Prime Minister Theresa May – Steinmeier highlighted the Baltics' strategic importance for the bloc's unity against threats from Russia. Addressing the leaders of the three tiny northern European nations, he said "They know: only together we are strong... We need each other as partners and friends. That is their and our conviction. Our joint hope remains that this will not be forgotten on the other side of the Atlantic."
DW: Baltic states awarded International Peace of Westphalia Prize
coldjoint

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You cannot debunk what is not there.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 11:34 pm
Quote:
olice have reportedly identified the suspected perpetrators of the nerve agent attack on the former Russian spy Sergei Skripal.

Officers think several Russians were involved in the attempted murder of the former double agent and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury and are looking for more than one suspect.

A source with knowledge of the investigation told the Press Association: "Investigators believe they have identified the suspected perpetrators of the novichok attack through CCTV and have cross-checked this with records of people who entered the country around that time. They (the investigators) are sure they (the suspects) are Russian."

The news comes as an inquest is due to open on Thursday for Dawn Sturgess, 44, who died earlier this month, eight days after apparently coming into contact with novichok from the same batch used in the attempted murder of the Skripals in March.
The Independent

Report in The Guardian: Novichok poisoning: police 'identify' Skripal suspects
glitterbag

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 11:54 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Dang, are you saying the Brits have scientists???? I mean they have folks who can determine such things??? On behalf of my fellow citizens who don't realize such things can happen, I say "We are gobsmacked".
georgeob1

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter,

You appear to be suggesting that the award of a prize by a German NGO to the Baltic States will somehow inhibit Russian aggression to these Baltic states, which were once part of the Russian, and later Soviet, empires. Is that, rather laughable, proposition your real meaning here?

My points above were that drawing Russia more into European affairs ( with a long range view beyond Putin) was indeed in western interests. However in the current situation that requires a better armed and operationally ready European NATO military force - something which doesn't exist today. Given the relative sizes of their economies, that is something the European powers should be able to do quite easily. That they haven't done so is quite remarkable.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:09 am
@georgeob1,
The Baltic states had had an own history before they "were once part of the Russian and later Soviet empires" (that happened only after the Great Northern War).

But 'no', I didn't mean that, to answer your question.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Then what was your point?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
"were once part of the Russian and later Soviet empires"

They were also conquered by Islam and have a long history of abuse by imperialists. They have a good memory and want no part of either now.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:15 am
@coldjoint,
I'll agree that Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have, at various times, been pawns in the imperialist struggles of several major European Powers, but there was no Islamist conquest involving any of them.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:17 am
@coldjoint,
Abuse by which imperialists?
coldjoint

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:22 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:

Comprehension problems? Both.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:27 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
They were also conquered by Islam
When should that have happened?
glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:27 am
@coldjoint,
Nope. Don't know do ya? You just think it sounds smart.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:28 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
When should that have happened?

You denying it did?
georgeob1

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:32 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

At various times Sweden, Russia and Prussia, but mostly Russia
coldjoint

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:34 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You just think it sounds smart.

You have enough problems with what you think. I wouldn't attempt to tell anyone else what they think when that is the case.
0 Replies