0
   

Is the US concerned about nerve gas attacks in Great Britain?

 
 
georgeob1
 
  1  
Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 04:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I'm fascinated by how Hillary can remain their main target when Trump already won the presidency. ...

I believe the very different characters of the investigations into Hillary's handling of security as Sec. State; her illegal use of a private server for her official e mail-communications; the various large national and corporate contributions to the Clinton Foundation, involving ongoing favorable decisions by the state department; all in contrast with the ongoing investigations of President Trump, have a great deal to do with it.
0 Replies
 
georgeob1
 
  2  
Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 10:03 pm
@glitterbag,
I believe most people believe Hillary is now a figure more to be pitied than feared. It turned out that she was as strident and tone deaf in the 2016 campaign as she was in the first year of Bill's 1st term when she set out to reform our health care system with Ira Magaziner and a bunch of bureaucrats. It is indeed interesting that she didn't appear to have learned anything (except perhaps how to extract financial benefits from government service) in the intervening years.

I find it intriguing to observe that modern progressives have, in this very secular age, reinvented original sin. All living American whites are necessarily guilty of racism because America tolerated slavery 200 + years ago. Some even go so far as to insist that this is an intrinsic feature of a Western Culture that apparently must be suppressed because of such past evils.

Glitterbag goes so far as to suggest that all (but herself of course) white Americans are racist, and their menfolk also misogynists. (There's little doubt that some of them are, and that various forms of these very human vices are shared by some individuals of other racial groups and sexes.) However the implied notion in all this, that such assumed group traits transcend individual differences, is itself at the heart of racism. The truth is that human nature is universal and the differences among individuals within any of these arbitrary groups are large compared to the supposed central tendencies of the groups themselves.

These self styled "progressives" also forget that the practice of slavery was nearly universal over 300 years ago, It was widespread in Asia, the Moslem world, Africa, parts of Europe and throughout the growing European Empires. Indeed the word, "slave" itself is derived from references to the ( very White) South Slavs who were so widely enslaved by the Ottoman Turks and neighboring Arabs.

I don't mean in any of this to deny the harm done to African Americans by American slavery or the Jim Crow regime that followed it. However the facts of History make it clear that slave owners and slaves have come from all so called racial groups.

The antithesis to racism and misogyny is in recognizing the individuality of every person, without regard to such categories. " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". This includes judging others by the content of their characters, instead of the color of their skins as MLK so aptly put it.

The irony here is that the contemporary progressive reform movement has come full circle and adopted the same nonsensical group values and assumptions as those they so vociferously criticize. Glitterbag has provided us an apt example.
Blickers
 
  0  
Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 10:24 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
By the way, logic such as yours, applied to the anecdotal evidence regarding the behavior of key Justice Dept. and FBI officials involved in the Hillary "investigation" and the much more vigorous Trump one that immediately followed, would easily yield an equivalent conspiracy theory, this time one aimed at vengefully destroying the Trump Presidency.
So where are all the appointees in Hillary's campaign having meetings with hostile foreign powers and then their repeated lies about those meetings?

I just gave you a whole list of Trump appointees who met secretly with Kremlin officials and oligarchs and then lied to the Senate and FBI about them. What do you have to offer in return? An opinion that an investigation of Hillary's Emails would yield similar results, even though the Email issue was investigated to death and NOT ONE Hillary associate was caught talking to Kremlin officials, let alone lying to the Senate or FBI about it.

I give you facts, you give back vague opinions of somebody else is guilty too, only there's no evidence. In short, you've got nothing, as usual.
0 Replies
 
glitterbag
 
  -3  
Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 12:26 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I believe most people believe Hillary is now a figure more to be pitied than feared. It turned out that she was as strident and tone deaf in the 2016 campaign as she was in the first year of Bill's 1st term when she set out to reform our health care system with Ira Magaziner and a bunch of bureaucrats. It is indeed interesting that she didn't appear to have learned anything (except perhaps how to extract financial benefits from government service) in the intervening years.

I find it intriguing to observe that modern progressives have, in this very secular age, reinvented original sin. All living American whites are necessarily guilty of racism because America tolerated slavery 200 + years ago. Some even go so far as to insist that this is an intrinsic feature of a Western Culture that apparently must be suppressed because of such past evils.

Glitterbag goes so far as to suggest that all (but herself of course) white Americans are racist, and their menfolk also misogynists. (There's little doubt that some of them are, and that various forms of these very human vices are shared by some individuals of other racial groups and sexes.) However the implied notion in all this, that such assumed group traits transcend individual differences, is itself at the heart of racism. The truth is that human nature is universal and the differences among individuals within any of these arbitrary groups are large compared to the supposed central tendencies of the groups themselves.

These self styled "progressives" also forget that the practice of slavery was nearly universal over 300 years ago, It was widespread in Asia, the Moslem world, Africa, parts of Europe and throughout the growing European Empires. Indeed the word, "slave" itself is derived from references to the ( very White) South Slavs who were so widely enslaved by the Ottoman Turks and neighboring Arabs.

I don't mean in any of this to deny the harm done to African Americans by American slavery or the Jim Crow regime that followed it. However the facts of History make it clear that slave owners and slaves have come from all so called racial groups.

The antithesis to racism and misogyny is in recognizing the individuality of every person, without regard to such categories. " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". This includes judging others by the content of their characters, instead of the color of their skins as MLK so aptly put it.

The irony here is that the contemporary progressive reform movement has come full circle and adopted the same nonsensical group values and assumptions as those they so vociferously criticize. Glitterbag has provided us an apt example.



As flattering as it might be to have captured your imagination, I must confess this is a tad confusing. I thought the topic was the 'regrettable' chemical poisoning of two British citizens.

I would dearly love to work in "feckless, merely, shrill, simplistic, mediocre, harpy, popinjay, effete, affectation, pretentious, blowhard, but then I'd have to scroll back and reread some posts......I don't care to do that, life is short.

layman
 
  4  
Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 02:27 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I would dearly love to work in "feckless, merely, shrill, simplistic, mediocre, harpy, popinjay, effete, affectation, pretentious, blowhard, but then I'd have to scroll back and reread some posts......I don't care to do that, life is short.

No problem, girl. Your posts routinely do that for you.
0 Replies
 
georgeob1
 
  1  
Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 08:46 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

As flattering as it might be to have captured your imagination, I must confess this is a tad confusing. I thought the topic was the 'regrettable' chemical poisoning of two British citizens.
I was responding directly to your post, which wasn't about the poisonings in the UK either.

glitterbag wrote:

I would dearly love to work in "feckless, merely, shrill, simplistic, mediocre, harpy, popinjay, effete, affectation, pretentious, blowhard, but then I'd have to scroll back and reread some posts......I don't care to do that, life is short.
Not much focus there, and repetition has left it a weak and worn out device. You should try to get a new one.
0 Replies
 
coldjoint
 
  4  
Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:52 am
Poor Glitterbag.
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  0  
Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:02 am
Meanwhle...
Quote:
The surviving victim of the Amesbury novichok poisoning has regained consciousness and experienced a “small but significant improvement to his condition”, a spokeswoman for Salisbury district hospital said.

Dame Sally Davies [England’s chief medical adviser] warned parents living in Salisbury and Amesbury in Wiltshire to make sure their children did not pick up any objects and also told residents to steer clear of discarded items that could contain liquid or gel.

Police and service personnel are searching for the object, believed to be a container of some sort, that Dawn Sturgess and her partner, Rowley, came into contact with before collapsing. Sturgess died in hospital on Sunday evening.

While the main theory the police are following is that both Sturgess and Rowley handled a contaminated object, another possibility being considered is just one of them did so and passed it on to the other, perhaps as they held hands.

The investigation has spread to another site, 40 miles from Salisbury.

A car was seized from a residential street in Swindon on Monday evening after the death of Sturgess.

Military personnel wearing gloves and gas masks were seen wrapping a white Audi in plastic, loading it on to a lorry and taking it away.

The car is believed to belong to a paramedic who attended Rowley’s address when he and Sturgess collapsed. It is understood that the paramedic is fit and healthy.
The Guardian
glitterbag
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 03:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
But apparently Trump still plans to meet with Putin in Helsinki........

Instead of recalling our diplomats and expelling the Russian diplomats ..........
coldjoint
 
  3  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 05:04 pm
@glitterbag,

Quote:
Instead of recalling our diplomats and expelling the Russian diplomats ..........


It is better to know where your enemies are. And it did not happen in our country.
glitterbag
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 05:25 pm
@coldjoint,
Yet! As far as you know.
coldjoint
 
  3  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 05:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Yet!

Does that "yet" apply to Islam, it should.
glitterbag
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 06:01 pm
@coldjoint,
Smart thinking. Let’s enact a Russian travel ban.
coldjoint
 
  4  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 06:12 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Smart thinking.

Not on your part.
glitterbag
 
  0  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 07:37 pm
@coldjoint,
How about Russian Muslims.
coldjoint
 
  2  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 07:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
How about Russian Muslims.

Some of them are terrorists. Why should they be any different?
layman
 
  2  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 08:13 pm
Quote:
According to Nechayev, a revolutionary must terrorize civilians in order to incite rebellions. He wrote:

"A revolutionary must infiltrate all social formations including the police. He must exploit rich and influential people, subordinating them to himself. He must aggravate the miseries of the common people, so as to exhaust their patience and incite them to rebel. And, finally, he must ally himself with the savage word of the violent criminal, the only true revolutionary in Russia".

"The Revolutionist is a doomed man. He has no private interests, no affairs, sentiments, ties, property nor even a name of his own. His entire being is devoured by one purpose, one thought, one passion - the revolution. Heart and soul, not merely by word but by deed, he has severed every link with the social order and with the entire civilized world; with the laws, good manners, conventions, and morality of that world. He is its merciless enemy and continues to inhabit it with only one purpose - to destroy it."


Sound familiar, eh?
0 Replies
 
glitterbag
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 08:19 pm
@coldjoint,
You’re right, maybe even ultra right, turn them Ruskies away at the gate.
coldjoint
 
  3  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 08:56 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
maybe even ultra right

That is exactly what Islam is. Look at their actions. Read their literature. You are a total zero on this subject and willfully ignorant. Intellectually dishonest, and in complete denial of the most serious threat the Western world has because you are manipulated and intimidated so easily.
glitterbag
 
  0  
Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:00 pm
@coldjoint,
Whatever you say Skippy.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2018 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/17/2018 at 12:08:38