Estrostep FE....Know Anything About It?

goodgirl101

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 12:09 pm
estrostep continued...
as for moodiness, i haven't heard that before about estrostep, and i haven't noticed it in myself, just the tiredness. and i have had pills make me moody... like orthotricyclen. that was like 3 years of sheer moodiness. they put me on antidepressants instead of taking me off the freakin' pill. pure genius on the part of the doctors, lemme tell you.

anyway, does anyone know how long after i go off the pill that i should start noticing the effects? i've been off it since the 7th... what, about 2 weeks? and i'm still really tired and not losing any weight...
not that i'm surprised, just wondering how soon i'll notice something if it was indeed the estrostep.

danke!
gg
0 Replies

bemine6888

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 05:53 pm
Just started using BCP for actual protection
I just began a serious relationship ( 6 months) and I have been on Estrostep for 4 months now. There havent been alot of side effects, though, I had missed a pill or two. As of this month I havent missed a pill, but I have been an hour or two late. My schedule is very hetic and different between m-f and saturday and sunday. I heard i have a 6 hour window is that true? and does that affect the effectiveness of the pill? With my new relationship I want to be sure that we can have "unprotective" sex ( were both clean of STDs) and not have a child. I'm new to this board and I found all the previous posting really helpful. Thanks guys.
0 Replies

bemine6888

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 05:53 pm
Just started using BCP for actual protection
I just began a serious relationship ( 6 months) and I have been on Estrostep for 4 months now. There havent been alot of side effects, though, I had missed a pill or two. As of this month I havent missed a pill, but I have been an hour or two late. My schedule is very hetic and different between m-f and saturday and sunday. I heard i have a 6 hour window is that true? and does that affect the effectiveness of the pill? With my new relationship I want to be sure that we can have "unprotective" sex ( were both clean of STDs) and not have a child. I'm new to this board and I found all the previous posting really helpful. Thanks guys.
0 Replies

Dreems54

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 05:06 pm
been on estrostep for 1 yr
I've been on estrostep for over a year now and no longer experience any side effects. My periods are very light and it seemed to help my acne clear up to. I was thinking about switching pills b/c of the cost, but my body seems really used to this one. If any1 has questions about this pill, let me know. Oh, and I think there is about a 4 hour window for the time that you take your pill, at least thats what I've heard.
0 Replies

js07060

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:09 pm
estrostep
Hi- I've been taking Estrostep Fe for about 6 months now. I didn't feel great the 1st and 2nd months,but now I'm fine, I have no side effects and my periods are very light. I do however get a bad headache every month when I stop the active pills from the drop in estrogen. When I first started I did notice a decline in my libido. Again, now that my body has adjusted, there have been no side effects.
0 Replies

rosie rain

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 11:30 am
i'm 19 and just started taking estrostep about a week ago. i've been having other medical problems before this though...such as low blood sugar, fatigue, anxiety, extreme heat intolerance, and other unexplainable things. i really need to gain weight - i'm hoping that's one side effect i have! but other than that, i've been reading through these posts about always being tired...bleh! i've never been wild about BC pills but just thought i'd try it out...does anyone know what estrostep does for blood sugar/fatigue? and how could i help the weight gain process?
0 Replies

shecat

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:08 pm
estrostep fe
Hi, this is in response to the quesion posted by "roseie rain", i haven't noticed weight gain personally, i think one should exercise whether you are on the pill or not...it only helps. The problems you are experiencing do not sound like reasons women are put on the pill, meaning, they don't sound hormonal. It almost sounds like something that can be remedied through proper nutrition and exercise. Taking the pill to "gain weight" is not a good idea, there is much more to it than that.
0 Replies

Rae-Rae

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:26 pm
Estrostep FE
In response to Bella Dea:
I have used this BCP for over four years and the only thing that has happened to me is my face cleared up and I haven't gained any weight, I actually lost a few pounds. BUT, it all depends on your body chemistry. If your other BC didn't make you gain any weight, you should be fine. The first few months I was on it my weight was kind of sparatic, but to no more than a few pounds. Don't worry and after about a year, your period will lessen to only a few days instead of a week. I had trouble controlling my period until I was on the BCP, and now I have no worries.
0 Replies

emerrell

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 12:24 pm
Change to Estrostep
I have been on Ortho Evera (patch) for about 2 yrs, no noticeable side effects. Recently switched to Estro Step due to the scary FDA warning about the patch. I am wondering if the change in Birth control from one to the other is going to cause different side effects, or if it is really just a switch from a patch method to a pill method. Anyone else make the switch?
0 Replies

PhillyBee

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 12:21 pm
Switch from the Patch
I also have been on Ortho Evra for the past year or so. I just got a prescription for EstroStep today - partly because of the new warning and partly because I always got really nauseous when I started a new cycle of patches. I was wondering about the side effects of the switch as well. I won't be starting the EstroStep for a few weeks though, but I'll let you know how I make out.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 01:10 pm
Philly, what "new warning" about what?
0 Replies

FLtoNY

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 11:09 pm
Hi there!

I am 20 years old and was just on yasmin for a few months. I stopped taking it because it was terrible for me. It made me break out really badly, I was emotional, had really bad headaches, etc.

My gyno said I should try estrostep, but I'm nervous. I'm mainly nervous because I don't want it to make me break out like yasmin did because I really care about my skin. has anyone else switched from yasmin to estrostep? Thanks so much!
0 Replies

PhillyBee

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 11:45 am
Ortho Evra - FDA Warning
Bella -

Last week the FDA issued a statement warning users of the Ortho Evra patch that it exposes them to higher levels of estrogen than most birth control pills (about 60% higher). They went on to say that increased levels of estrogen exposure may increase the risk of blood clots. According to an AP survey, the risk of death associated with the patch could be three times greater than with the pill. HEre is the link to the article on CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/11/10/patch.warning.ap.ap/

I'm not changing to EstroStep simply based on this warning, but the patch was making me nauseous to the point where I was actually sick. Hopefully EstroStep will alleviate the nausea. But I was wondering if other users have already made the switch from the patch to EstroStep, and if so, what side effects they experienced.
0 Replies

florencegirl

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:53 pm
okay, this is my first time ever posting a reply on one of these things. I just went to my doctor today to get off the patch, mainly because it was making me sick, but also because of the scary warning. It was my second experience with BC and I was on it for 5 months. Like PhillyBee, I would get so sick every month, two months ago I throw up all day. My husband had been encouraging me to get off the patch because I was so miserable, and we didn't even know about all the terrible side effects until yesterday. Anyway, my doctor gave me a prescription for Estrostep too. I had never even heard of it until today. I am a little bit worried about the side effects, especially the fatigue, but as long as i'm not throwing up every month, its an improvement, right?

Anyway, your stream has been extremely helpful and informative and has pretty much answered all my questions that the web and my doctor didn't. Two things amaze me- first that drug companies don't have more information about their drugs available, and second, that doctors aren't more forthcoming with known side effects. I asked my doctor before the patch if I would gain weight. She told me it was a myth that women gain weight from their bc. well, i gained five pounds in the first month. It came off, but I am sure that this happens to tons of women. Also, have any of you felt sort of like your doctor is pushing the next "big thing"? Just wondering if the three gyns I've been to in the last 4 years are particularly bad, or if that's pretty normal.
0 Replies

lynni

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 08:36 pm
ortho-evra patch to estrostep
I am switching from ortho-evra patch to estrostep as well and have heard mixed results with estrostep. I've been on the patch for two years and have never taken a pill so I have a twofold worry of side effects and actually remembering to take it - feedback on side effects (or hopefully lack thereof) would be great - I'm new to the forum and have so far found it really informative.
0 Replies

AliDSophist

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:13 am
Hi!!
Hey ladies. . .

Haven't posted in a very long time. . .I guess i've just been really happy with my pills Very Happy
So far (i'm in my 4th month) so good. . .i've felt very comfy and very safe, with this experience. I have been noticing lately that I've become increasingly moody. I tend to get emotional, cry easily, and become irritable and snap at others, sometimes without noticing. Evil or Very Mad
I'm not very comfy with that. . .
I was wondering of any of you other girls had experienced similar side effects, and how you dealt with them. . .who knows, maybe I'm just stressed Confused
Thanx!
The Sophist
0 Replies

AliDSophist

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:20 am
quick question, before i forget. . .
when you guys say you've had hair loss. . .
do you mean, massive, severe clumps of your hair resulting in bald spots. . .or exssesive "shedding" like, maybe a a little more tha normal on your hairbrushes and on the bathroom floor after you blowdry?
I'm getting worried. . .my boyfriend says he's finding my hair in his car!
Crying or Very sad
The Sophist
0 Replies

val27

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 09:38 pm
ANYONE GET DEPRESSED
AliDSophist wrote:
quick question, before i forget. . .
when you guys say you've had hair loss. . .
do you mean, massive, severe clumps of your hair resulting in bald spots. . .or exssesive "shedding" like, maybe a a little more tha normal on your hairbrushes and on the bathroom floor after you blowdry?
I'm getting worried. . .my boyfriend says he's finding my hair in his car!
Crying or Very sad
The Sophist

had to stop the estro due to severe anxiety, depression, mood swings...i get angry at everything. i feel horrible. my doc put me on esto b/c i had very bad pms.... but i took it for a month and a half... is this normal. i feel like i m going crazy. i m 28 and this was my first time on birth control. i just wanted to see if anyone knows what i m talking about... thanks for listening...
0 Replies

pianomuse

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 09:29 am
Estrostep for a while...
Hello All!
I have to say, I love Estrostep FE!! I have been on it now since January, so I guess it's been a full year. Only once did I have a little spotting. My period lasts a day and a half, with a very light flow, and maybe a hour of medium-ish flow on the first morning. Every few months I don't have a period at all ( a nice break, I must say!).

I tried other BCP's before I came to Estrostep. I tired Apri, and I had a severe (almost psychotic) reaction to it. Apparently Apri is a desogen, which in some women causes severe bipolar-like symptoms (one minute laughing hysterically, the next screaming and cursing). As a psychotherapist, this was incredibly distressing to me, and you can imagine that I immediatly stopped taking it and asked to switch.

I like the fact that Estrostep is very-low hormone. For those of you with a familiarity of medicine or a medical background, you know how much hormones can really mess with your system. I have no mood symptoms on Estro, even during PMS.
Hope this is helpful!
0 Replies

cgerring

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:46 am
Estrostep and RLS and insomnia
Anyone experience Restless Leg Syndrome on estrostep or any other birthcontrol? I 've been taking it a month now and have had my first period on it. I'm still getting cramps, except now, i'm not getting any sleep because I've got "jumpy legs." I wake up every two hours and find it difficult to go back to sleep. I've read on several sites that 25% of pregnant women get RLS and all I can think of is that since the extra hormones are fooling my body into thinking its pregnant, it is also causing my restless legs.

I tell you what, I can't handle getting 4 hours of sleep. I can't concentrate, I'm exhausted, but I always feel like I should be moving. It's the most uncomfortable feeling I've ever had. Plus, I basically started birth control to cut down on my cramps, and i'm still experiencing them. NOt sure any of this is worth it and i'm seriously considering flushing the rest of my estrostep down the toilet.

Anyone out there experience any of this?
0 Replies